Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blanket Pulling Entity

Strange Stuff

Hello everyone, I will be honest I only made this account to post what I'm about to post, but who knows, it may come in handy for future unexplainable mysteries. Anyways let the story begin! Actually before I tell the story I want to let everyone know how I sleep, because that is important to the story. I sleep with both the sheets and covers completely over my head. It's been like this forever and it's the only way I can sleep. My Mom always says "your going to suffocate one of these days". Anyways let the story begin! I was in bed as how I just described, sheets and covers over my head and everything. I was half asleep, and suddenly I feel the sheets and covers lift right where my face is. I know it's not my mom because I come in her room to say goodnight to her and see her get into bed (I stay up later than her). I'd like to add that this isn't the first time this has happened, in fact it happens very often and has been happening for years and years for as long as I can remember. Alright well that's my story, please (PLEASE) respond to what you think this is.

Hi! Welcome.

I'll give you a possible explanation...

Hypnagogic hallucination.

Hypnagogia is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. Mental phenomena that occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis.

(Dear long time members, I'm sorry for sound like a broken record)

• Like 2

Thank you SecretSanta, I would also like to add that I have many situations like this but I will space when I post what I post so that I am not spamming the forums. I guess I just got tired of it happening and this is the first time I have told anyone about it happening. When it does happen, I will just pull the covers back over my head and try to go to sleep. 

Interesting story that leads me to lots of questions. I, like you, are a newcomer to this forum. I look forward to hearing more of your stories! 

• Like 1

Ginlee23 if you have any questions please ask away. I have nothing but time.

12 minutes ago, Strange Stuff said:

Ginlee23 if you have any questions please ask away. I have nothing but time.

Welcome to UM,

Have you tried to record it? If you set up a webcam or other camera with free motion detection software, you'll be able to see what's happening. 

Most likely would be sleep related, you somehow managing to shift the blanket then wake up feeing like something else did it. 

Anyways, you'll get a definite answer if you do this and can then rest easy!

• Like 5

Timonthy, it is something that has crossed my mind before but I never have actually done it. I read other posts that shared similar experiences except others have had blankets pulled off them completely. For me, my blanket is lifted right where I keep my face so that I am now seeing my room where as before it happened my face was enclosed under the blanket. I've never had the blanket pulled off me. It's scary for me because when it happens I have the sense that after the blanket is lifted something might pop up in the crease where my face is and there's nothing I can do because I'm half asleep and unable to move.

You should definitely do it, it's such an easy way to work out what's happening.

And the 'half asleep' bit really speaks for itself being the answer to what's happening.

If you have the ability to, then you should do it. Quick, easy, and conclusive. 

• Like 3

Would surveillance cameras work? Is there a specific kind of camera that you would recommend? I'm not great with technology but I will try my best.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strange Stuff said:

Would surveillance cameras work? Is there a specific kind of camera that you would recommend? I'm not great with technology but I will try my best.

No specific kind, a surveillance camera would be good if you have one, otherwise just a cheap webcam will be fine.

The cheap Logitech webcam I have has motion sensing settings in its software. 

If you let me know the brand/model you have, then I can find the easiest way to set it up. 

• Like 3

Ginlee23, I have been waiting for someone to ask that question. I am 20 now but when I was in elementary school I had frequent occurrences where I would wake up on the ground in the middle of the night, I would go back to sleep and everything would be alright. I'm not a bed thrasher I stay completely still laying on my stomach. That hasn't happened since I was a kid. 

Ginlee23, there was something else that happened around the time I was in elementary school. I was in bed, i fell asleep and started having intense nightmares as I usually did have as a kid. I had a nightmare that I was being stabbed in the chest by this dark figure outside my room in the hall. That's not even the strange thing. When I woke up (and this time I knew I was awake for real, you see when I was a kid and I had nightmares, during my nightmares I would try to run to my moms room but it would just put me in this loop where as soon as I reached her door I would Be Sent to outside my room again) anyways I woke up and I still had the marks on my chest and I was able to run into my moms room. Nothing this intense has happened in a long while though.

They are two other things which can easily be explained by known sleep-related phenomena.

Night terrors can easily explain why you had marks on your chest too. 

I'm obviously a pretty skeptical person, but is there really any reason to consider anything you've said as not being explained by normal sleep-related phenomena?

• Like 1

Timonthy, Whether there's a logical explanation or not to things that happen during the night I'm not trying to be rude or anything I just want suggestions to what's been happening. And you have done just that. 

• Like 1

Strange Stuff, when you woke up, what kind of marks were on your chest? Bruises? Scratches? Also- do you or your parents still live in the same house where the issues occurred? 

• Like 1

Strange Stuff- you don't have to answer this question directly. Was anyone arguing in the house at that time? Fighting. Arguing. Older sibling. Parents. Two people arguing. A group of people?  A simple yes or no will do. I don't need details. 

• Like 1

Ginlee23, Bruises and we are moving mid September because my brother just graduated high school and is leaving for college and we have no use for the school systems and where we live now which is where I have always lived, the taxes are $16,000.

Ginlee23, I've got nothing else that I can think of at the moment. Right now I'm about to go to sleep or try to at least. After reading and responding to everyone's posts in the forums I doubt I will get any sleep.

Edited by Strange Stuff

Well if you do decide to set up a camera, let me know so I can find the easiest way for whatever type it is. 

Sweet dreams. :ph34r:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Strange Stuff said:

Hello everyone, I will be honest I only made this account to post what I'm about to post, but who knows, it may come in handy for future unexplainable mysteries. Anyways let the story begin! Actually before I tell the story I want to let everyone know how I sleep, because that is important to the story. I sleep with both the sheets and covers completely over my head. It's been like this forever and it's the only way I can sleep. My Mom always says "your going to suffocate one of these days". Anyways let the story begin! I was in bed as how I just described, sheets and covers over my head and everything. I was half asleep, and suddenly I feel the sheets and covers lift right where my face is. I know it's not my mom because I come in her room to say goodnight to her and see her get into bed (I stay up later than her). I'd like to add that this isn't the first time this has happened, in fact it happens very often and has been happening for years and years for as long as I can remember. Alright well that's my story, please (PLEASE) respond to what you think this is.

Definitely it is not a Ghost or some demon they don't exist  .. you might have some habit you don't know about.

thanks

• Like 1