Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LILAC11

I'm New to your forum and came across you all by chance, hi everyone

.I'm at a questioning phase of my life and reflecting. I'm deeply questioning karma that what you give out in life will always be returned. Do you ever think what did I do to deserve that .. then find an answer ?. I'm talking good or bad 

• Like 2

Hi LILAC11, 

Welcome to UM, I've moved your topic to a more appropriate forum.

• Like 2

Are we talking practical cause and effect or the more metaphysical/spiritual version?

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

The idea of karma is basically what goes around comes around so be mindful or your actions.

I think the problem arises because there is so much that is the result of our actions that unless there is such a distinct instantaneous reaction where when one does a deed its reward would be immediately generated it would be hard to determine which actions begat which and when there is that distinct reaction it is almost definitely a matter of cause/effect action/reaction rather than karma. Unless there are strict ground rules to determine the difference, karma is wide open to interpretation.

Here are just a few questions/points that come to mind after a long day.

What about perspective? Say for instance something “bad” happens given the current circumstances. But as time passes you are able to view that from a different vantage point and that event can now be seen as a turning point and that given the new perspective, the once bad event can be seen as “good”. If bad can change to good and good change to bad… where does this leave karma?

There is also the question of who controls karma and passes out the good and bad/balances the scales? Are there rules to karma? Say where it takes so many small good or bad deeds to equal to a good one, or, is it one deed for one deed? Is there an expiration date? If not it would make it pretty hard to determine which actions gave rise the return action and if it is so ambiguous does it even really matter?

Just some thoughts to ponder

• Like 4

Karma can't be a real thing. Some of the worst people I know excel in life and cutting throats gets them success. Some of the best people I know get completely crapped on because it makes them vulnerable to the bad people.

I've thought for years some people's actions would come back to them, but I have seen the exact opposite for good and bad people alike.

All is just my opinion of course. And of course maybe I'm a bad judge as to who the good and bad people are.

• Like 4

Its not merely the what but also the where and when and why and how ... eternally speaking ... we may all be gone and back to dust but what was said and done still ripples continuously in the grand scheme of things ... even now the ghosts of all our pasts still speaks and screams in our minds ... the collective consciousness of human civilization ... long dead pillars of humanity, great and small, how many words in our personal thoughts are truly and really our own ... ?

~ Nothing is new and its all been said before ... and  is still being done ... the where and when may seem different ... Karma is not yours or mine or anyone's

It is all ... we're swimming in it ... the good and bad is the points where we associates ourselves within the ripple and flows of perceived 'reality' ... turbulent or calm ... sometimes its just not up anyone or gods ...

~

[00.10:50]

~

Divine Fate (1993) directed by Ishu Patel • Reviews, film + cast ...

An environmental morality tale. A divine gate gives one all that one desires, on the condition that one takes only what one needs and one gives something good ...

~

• Like 4

Im far from wealthy and have been greatful for all material things in my life as i was raised with little. I have worked for or have been gifted and given to those i thought needed it more. (Ive crossed lots of paths with people in poverty). Over the years experience and courage made me emotionally strong I share that trait when people are at there lowest to make them strong and help them cope with bad situations, I have an energy of attracting people who have life crisis situations. I take nothing from no one not even a shoulder to cry on as i learned to survive from a young age alone. Today makes sense thankyou, I didn't hold on to what I needed,  theres a part of me thinks i didnt deserve what I have had as in when I have had so much happiness someones come along and drained me of my energy because I thought there crisis situation would make me selfish to be happy whilst they was struggling, I thought it was the right thing to share everything and every part of me, I kept nothing for myself, i forgot about me and no one ever thinks of me because i make people see that i dont matter. Thankyou again for your time you really have helped me understand. Being a good person can take everything away from you, today that's my karma.

Edited by LILAC11
More indepth
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, nephili said:

Karma can't be a real thing. Some of the worst people I know excel in life and cutting throats gets them success. Some of the best people I know get completely crapped on because it makes them vulnerable to the bad people.

I've thought for years some people's actions would come back to them, but I have seen the exact opposite for good and bad people alike.

All is just my opinion of course. And of course maybe I'm a bad judge as to who the good and bad people are.

Believe me, their souls are as desolate as their means.

10 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

I used to believe that, but the greedy and wicked sleep like overfed babies at night while the honest and poor worry in their dreams. It becomes a person and I think they take that with them into the after life. Worry that they leave their families to the wolves.

It's called the Spiritual Law of Karma.

Make an effort to Accrue Positive Karma, not Negative Karma.

Note: Forgiveness WILL break a Negative Karmic Cycle. :D

• Like 2

Accrue Positive Karma by doing selfless acts and expect nothing in return.

There are Ripple Effects to your actions.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, nephili said:

I used to believe that, but the greedy and wicked sleep like overfed babies at night while the honest and poor worry in their dreams. It becomes a person and I think they take that with them into the after life. Worry that they leave their families to the wolves.

I am a wolf and have no pity for evil:

1t71ba.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

I am a wolf and have no pity for evil:

1t71ba.jpg

My reference to the wolves are the evil. I'm not sure you understood that by your statement.

8 minutes ago, nephili said:

My reference to the wolves are the evil. I'm not sure you understood that by your statement.

Because evil has been using that as a trump card for millenniums now.  Just blame your enemy (wolves) for your evils.  This crap ends now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

Edited by Mystic Crusader

3 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Because evil has been using that as a trump card for millenniums now.  Just blame your enemy (wolves) for your evils.  This crap ends now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf

It's not my opinion that the greedy, unethical and immoral are bad people. They are. You announcing it ends now changes nothing.

11 minutes ago, nephili said:

It's not my opinion that the greedy, unethical and immoral are bad people. They are. You announcing it ends now changes nothing.

No I'm not a cop or police dog (The wolf is my spirit animal), but I know the means to their end.  This isn't the only site I visit.

I will make sure it gets out.

1u4uyn.jpgPoliceDog_KellyNelson-e1479340340982.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

No I'm not a cop or police dog (The wolf is my spirit animal), but I know the means to their end.  This isn't the only site I visit.

I will make sure it gets out.

1u4uyn.jpgPoliceDog_KellyNelson-e1479340340982.jpg

Um... Ok. You win. I'm out.

• Like 2

Thankyou all. 

CERESEXPO2000

I really like this. 

• Like 1

Karma is just a word we use to explain cause and effect. It isn't a mystical force, and it isn't really real. If it were real, as has been said already, then good things wouldn't happen to bad people, and bad things wouldn't happen to good people. Unfortunately, the real world isn't so rosy as that.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LILAC11 said:

I'm New to your forum and came across you all by chance, hi everyone

.I'm at a questioning phase of my life and reflecting. I'm deeply questioning karma that what you give out in life will always be returned. Do you ever think what did I do to deserve that .. then find an answer ?. I'm talking good or bad 

Well, one thing about the Levite Priests of Israel, one of their main functions was to carry the iniquities of the people.  That they would bear the sins of the people, and then perform the rituals to cleanse them.  So I think a lot of us bear the sins of the people around us, and their karma sometimes, so we can take care of it for them.  I don't know, this entire job might be because of some other previous karma, but I think we share karma with the people around us and sometimes might take some bad karma, or good karma for them.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 5:15 PM, LILAC11 said:

Thankyou all. 

CERESEXPO2000

I really like this. 

I am here to help.:)

• Like 1

Karma...

I dont believe there is anything to karma that can be considered divine, but there are a few things about it to be considered esoteric.

When the average person commits an act against their own morals, guilt sets in. That guilt affects their concious and taints their life choices. They began to expect bad and get bad.

People who can go without the feeling bad are unaffected.  I think we paint our own realities.

However, if the unguilty can do enough bad eventually i would imagine the people around them would see it. This would leave the unguilty in unreal relationships and never being able to be at ease or natural around those they want in their life, leaving them virtually alone.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2017 at 1:11 PM, Mystic Crusader said:

We are going into this as a hypothesis, right. If you had a bigger pictures from all the landscape perhaps you would have realized certain synchronic episodes in your life. So , my take on that is never discard something before you have had the view from the top of the mountain. If your judging Karma, advocating Karma does not exist from mere appearances. Under a limited perspective things seem to be blurred. 

4 minutes ago, Tonite T said:

We are going into this as a hypothesis, right. If you had a bigger pictures from all the landscape perhaps you would have realized certain synchronic episodes in your life. So , my take on that is never discard something before you have had the view from the top of the mountain. If your judging Karma, advocating Karma does not exist from mere appearances. Under a limited perspective things seem to be blurred. 

Read my signature.

• Like 1

You know how many times I've been booked into jail in my life:

1u949t.jpg