Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Urantia Papers

Will Due

The Urantia Papers were indicted into the English language circa 1934-1935 and first became available in print as the Urantia Book in 1955.

The book refers to itself as the Fifth Epochal Revelation to our world (known as Urantia) and that the Life and Teachings of Jesus is the Fourth Epochal Revelation.

The text reveals many things unknown on our world, the cosmology of the Universe, the lost history of the world, and several significant scientific realities not yet discovered by scientists, such as the smallest particle that makes up all physical matter, the ultimaton, and that every electron and proton are made up of exactly one hundred of them. All of these things are scientifically provable, which, when it happens, should provide an interesting twist to the problem of having objective proof of God's existence in relation to how these things are foretold in the Urantia Book.

Many things are revealed about the geological history of our planet as well and the evolution of life, which culminated in man's evolution about a million years ago.

But it's obvious to me, that all of that is incidental to the main purpose for the appearance of the text - the restatement of the life and teachings of Jesus and his message of good cheer as it was proclaimed in his day, which related the good news that God is our Father and we are his sons and daughters.

It's my purpose and hope that if you're interested to inquire about my understanding of what the UB is, that you keep in mind that I am in no way a definitive authority on it, but will do my best to point to it as a resource only. I am not interested in proselytizing it. It's not a religious book in the common sense. There is no religious organization tied to it, no priests, no church, just a lot of information, the likes of which exists in no other form on our world.

At the very least the Urantia Book is an extraordinary book which answers so many of the questions many people ask about why we're here, where we're going and why.

http://bigbluebook.org/

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

I saw this book last week at the Library here, and I took a brief look at it.  I thought about reading it, but I'm reading quite a few other books I have found interesting I really want to finish first about history, because it was a really big book.

• Like 1

OH no not again....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, seeder said:

OH no not again....

No no! this is a step in the right direction. Perhaps this topic will stay here!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

At the very least the Urantia Book is an extraordinary book which answers so many of the questions many people ask about why we're here, where we're going and why.

so do all the other high school text books.....its kinda basic stuff and doesnt need any woo....we already KNOW where we came from, we already KNOW how the world will end..

what no-one needs is some outdated flowery explanation dressed up as coming from superior beings.  The Urantia Book is for morons. Or sorry, I should I have just said its for the gullible morons

Not all morons are equal..

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I saw this book last week at the Library here, and I took a brief look at it.  I thought about reading it, but I'm reading quite a few other books I have found interesting I really want to finish first about history, because it was a really big book.

It might take some time to finish coloring it in tho....

• Like 1

Reading through the entire Wikipedia page, it is pretty obvious to me that the book is of human construct and contains a large amount of plagiarized, made up and inaccurate material, and other ideas which were the published theories of the time (whether accurate or not). 

I can see that you've been completely sucked in and now understand why you reference and spout this bull**** book in so many threads, giving inaccurate explanations for pretty much everything. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

Part 3 of the book is devoted to outlining the history of our world.

It starts with the origin and evolution of the planet and steps through the major points of interest of how the evolution of life proceeded and culminated in the evolution of man himself. 

It then tells of the many stages of man's evolutionary progress and migrations, how primitive religion evolved and led man to establish civilization and its many forms of government that evolved from the clan to the nation state, and not without help and guidance as it is ordained and provided to all worlds in the universe like ours. The narrative also includes the tragic missteps that were taken by those who were in positions of overcare for the smooth progress of the human race but instead betrayed their trust, which led to so much that has gone wrong in the world which we're still dealing with today.

This is the unusual aspect of the UB, how it contains all sorts of historical anthropological data and at the same time presents a revelation of the cosmology and hierarchy of the Universe of universes from the central universe to the local system of worlds of which our world is one of a thousand worlds so designated and grouped locally. All this and also the narrative of Jesus's life, including his childhood, his ministry on up to his tragic death.

When looking at it all, it does seem very unlikely that the UB isn't exactly what it purports itself to be, is how a literary thread could have been sown to include all of it with perfect consistency between the many varying topics of revelation, history, religion, philosophy and science from the first page to its last speaks to something way beyond what is usually expected when reading any other book. 

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

The Urantia Papers were indicted into the English language circa 1934-1935 and first became available in print as the Urantia Book in 1955.

The book refers to itself as the Fifth Epochal Revelation to our world (known as Urantia) and that the Life and Teachings of Jesus is the Fourth Epochal Revelation.

The text reveals many things unknown on our world, the cosmology of the Universe, the lost history of the world, and several significant scientific realities not yet discovered by scientists, such as the smallest particle that makes up all physical matter, the ultimaton, and that every electron and proton are made up of exactly one hundred of them. All of these things are scientifically provable, which, when it happens, should provide an interesting twist to the problem of having objective proof of God's existence in relation to how these things are foretold in the Urantia Book.

Many things are revealed about the geological history of our planet as well and the evolution of life, which culminated in man's evolution about a million years ago.

But it's obvious to me, that all of that is incidental to the main purpose for the appearance of the text - the restatement of the life and teachings of Jesus and his message of good cheer as it was proclaimed in his day, which related the good news that God is our Father and we are his sons and daughters.

It's my purpose and hope that if you're interested to inquire about my understanding of what the UB is, that you keep in mind that I am in no way a definitive authority on it, but will do my best to point to it as a resource only. I am not interested in proselytizing it. It's not a religious book in the common sense. There is no religious organization tied to it, no priests, no church, just a lot of information, the likes of which exists in no other form on our world.

Pretty long book for what you summed up in a sentence, and what people already had in the New Testament. 

And with the added bit that they couldn't really give us any new scientific information...one has to ask what was the point of the whole thing.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

I just want to say this to you, Frank Zappa. I respect your ability to stick to your beliefs. That is a strength not many have anymore. Regardless of what is said, you are strong to believe it through this banter.

Just throwing out a positive word here and kudos for starting your own thread about it.

• Like 5

Sticking to beliefs isn't always necessarily a good thing. It certainly depends on the beliefs in question. 

But it is nice that he started his own discussion. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Pretty long book for what you summed up in a sentence, and what people already had in the New Testament. 

And with the added bit that they couldn't really give us any new scientific information...one has to ask what was the point of the whole thing.

There are reems of scientific information provided in the book.

I mentioned the ultimaton already, but other things I didn't include above are things that have to do with gravity and light. For instance, the book mentions that light has mass and that their is a form of light that exists without heat, and many other science related things as well.

Regarding the restatement of Jesus's teaching. The NT's portrayal of his teachings are not the same as what Jesus taught himself in his day. Christianity is the religion about the religion of Jesus as Paul conceived it. It's the religion of Paul about the religion of Jesus. 

The religion of Jesus as revealed in the UB is to believe and have faith in the good news that God is your Father and you are his son or daughter. And this stands in great contradistinction to Paul's version of the good news.

Edited by Will Due

10 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Sticking to beliefs isn't always necessarily a good thing. It certainly depends on the beliefs in question. 

But it is nice that he started his own discussion. 

Better late than never right?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will Due said:

There are reems of scientific information provided in the book.

I mentioned the ultimaton already, but other things I didn't include above are things that have to do with gravity and light. For instance, the book mentions that light has mass and that their is a form of light that exists without heat, and many other science related things as well.

Regarding the restatement of Jesus's teaching. The NT's portrayal of his teachings are not the same as what Jesus taught himself in his day. Christianity is the religion about the religion of Jesus as Paul conceived it. It's the religion of Paul about the religion of Jesus. 

The religion of Jesus as revealed in the UB is to believe and have faith in the good news that God is your Father and you are his son or daughter. And this stands in great contradistinction to Paul's version of the good news.

There's no such thing as an ultimaton. That's actually in among the critiques of the book and its "science."

The only thing it accurately predicted so far was something about pigeons and magnetism, and I hardly think it was worth that many pages. 

• Like 1

In the inner experi, ence of man, mind is joined to matter. Such material-linked minds cannot survive mortal death. The technique of survival is embraced in those adjustments of the human will and those transformations in the mortal mind whereby such a God-conscious intellect gradually becomes spirit taught and eventually spirit led. This evolution of the human mind from matter association to spirit union results in the transmutation of the potentially spirit phases of the mortal mind into the morontia realities of the immortal soul. Mortal mind subservient to matter is destined to become increasingly material and consequently to suffer eventual personality extinction; 

Couldn't read any further, looks like some random generated stuff . 

10 hours ago, Will Due said:

that their is a form of light that exists without heat, and many other science related things as well.

No Kidding?  Light without heat? Oh WOW thats blown my mind....just amazing... NOT! 

Ever heard of bio-luminescence?    You know the light generated by deep sea creatures and even bugs like fire flies?  No heat there either, and thats light.   but OMG you needed a superior beings words from the Urantia Book to discover that?   MAN! ...I learned that stuff as kid

Firefly

160805-news-synchronized-fireflies-vin_6

sea thingy

biolum.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Will Due said:

I find this very interesting but I am very skeptical about its authenticity.  I am keeping an open mind.  Let’s see (in time) if there are those interested in exploring this rather than belittling it??  But the one thing that I have seen so far that invalidates this is your comment above.  What you describe is Arianism.  That basically, Jesus was subordinate to GOD.  True, today’s Christianity is heavily influenced by the writings of Paul.  He was merely human but he understood the nature of Christ (Homoousian).  Christianity hinges on the concepts of Salvation and Redemption.  If Christ was subordinate to GOD, these concepts would be null and void.  Then what would the point be?  And for this reason, I think this to be a fraud.

19 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Perhaps , to address the rather embarrassing religious cosmology of the west that is still in place today? I mean, compare the 7 days of biblical creation with Vedic cosmology.

It also tried to address and fill the gap between the Christian vastly missing 'psychic anatomy' and that of Vedanta and Buddhism, which is an equally big Christian mess, especially after the removal  (starting around 1600) of the classical concept of soul from the 'soul body spirit' triangle to make a dualism of 'real / ideal ' and  body  /  undefined spiritsoul concept.

....  Not that their plan actually worked   ;) 

The other side is ;   one could also ask, what was the plan of  Joseph Smith  ?    

• Like 2

7 hours ago, seeder said:

No Kidding?  Light without heat? Oh WOW thats blown my mind....just amazing... NOT! 

Ever heard of bio-luminescence?    You know the light generated by deep sea creatures and even bugs like fire flies?  No heat there either, and thats light.   but OMG you needed a superior beings words from the Urantia Book to discover that?   MAN! ...I learned that stuff as kid

Firefly

160805-news-synchronized-fireflies-vin_6

sea thingy

biolum.jpg

They are powered by ultimatons ... 100 ultimatons per cell   :) 

Light  with mass ?   Light is energy , yeah ?   E=M ;    L = M     such is the UB 'future science'

But when it is shown to be wrong they (UB 'believers')  quote the bit about the UB entities 'not allowed to reveal future science' .

They are only allowed to reveal a bit ,,, just  tad into the future from mid last century science .... but if  that future shows the UB science wrong, then its back to the default position;  'not allowed to reveal future science'

:rolleyes:

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Will Due said:

teachings of Jesus and his message of good cheer as it was proclaimed in his day

The message I see one of the Jesus' in scriptures giving, is that we are all capable of his wisdom and morality. This Jesus should not be confused with the immoral Roma created Jesus. I am speaking of the more Gnostic Jesus that speak below.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

My favorite philosopher expands on this Gnostic Christian theme.

Gnostic Jesus frees us from traditions and religious liars while most Jesus' and the one most religions talk about wants to enslave the sheeple to the shepherd church.

What does the Jesus you see in your Urantia book advocate?

Free thinking the way Gnostic Christians like, or the more, be a slave to God and the church type opf thinking based on faith instead of Gnosis?

Regards

DL

'Gnostic Jesus'  .....

'Urantia Jesus '

Alien Jesus

Image result for Alien Jesus

black Jesus

Image result for Black Jesus

Image result for Cool Jesus

• Like 5

At least he's popular.

• Like 2

Will Due, just one question; if this information was provided by celestial beings, why is so much of it false? 

• Like 5