Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lincoln Memorial Defaced

susieice

Some one has written graffitti on the Lincoln Memorial. Also on a sign at the Smithsonian Museum. How far will this go?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-16/lincoln-memorial-washington-dc-defaced/8811394?smid=Page: ABC News-Facebook_Organic&WT.tsrc=Facebook_Organic&sf106321406=1

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, susieice said:

Some one has written graffitti on the Lincoln Memorial. Also on a sign at the Smithsonian Museum. How far will this go?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-16/lincoln-memorial-washington-dc-defaced/8811394?smid=Page: ABC News-Facebook_Organic&WT.tsrc=Facebook_Organic&sf106321406=1

It won't be over until the racist Washington Memorial is demolished. 

God help us.

• Like 9

I wish they would stop calling it racial tensions. Throw all the haters in the ring, let them fight it out, and let the rest of us live in peace.

• Like 9

Could someone please tell me what Lincoln had to do with the Confederacy and slavery? I just don't get it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

Could someone please tell me what Lincoln had to do with the Confederacy and slavery? I just don't get it.

*blinks*

Um...is everyone assuming this had to have been a counter-protester?

There was a whole lot Lincoln had to do with stuff. I mean, there's that whole Emancipation Proclamation thing. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

*blinks*

There was a whole lot Lincoln had to do with stuff. I mean, there's that whole Emancipation Proclamation thing. 

...and the whole 13th amendment  thing?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Too far.

• Like 2

Who didn't see this coming? Give them and inch and they'll take a mile.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

*blinks*

You think the klan or the supremasists are doing this? Everybody's after monuments now! Washington's won't be far off. Why the Smithsonian?

• Like 4

I think some people are just doing it without really understanding why they are doing it. Just a thing to say yeah i did that, don't know why but i did that. To be safe I'll be bringing in my garden gnomes at night.

• Like 1

Oops! The end of the article says the Washington Monument and the WWII Memorial have already had vandalism. DC is going to look like a subway at this rate.

• Like 4

It will end when enough sane people stand and resist the madness.  The problem is that the voices of the sane, the rational, can't be heard over the media-amplified lies and distortions.  I firmly believe this is a globalist driven coup attempt.  The masks have fallen and the long knives are out.  Some entity is pushing for violence on an unprecedented scale.  I believe it will be in the interests of that entity to bring chaos to the streets of America.  The sad, disturbing fact that is becoming apparent is that accomplishing this goal is all too easy.  I feel a perfect storm building.  Threats of global war, economic woes, and civil disturbances all potentially peaking at the same time could lead to a nation with an irreparably shattered self -image, a loss of faith.  We're beginning to see the reality of what our government has become and at the same time, realizing that laws are only as strong as the willingness to obey them.  

• Like 6

Even graffiti artists suck nowadays. Can't even make out what they wrote after the "fuc" part.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, and then said:

It will end when enough sane people stand and resist the madness.  The problem is that the voices of the sane, the rational, can't be heard over the media-amplified lies and distortions.  I firmly believe this is a globalist driven coup attempt.  The masks have fallen and the long knives are out.  Some entity is pushing for violence on an unprecedented scale.

Step back and look at the long game happening. The first marker was Berkley, the second marker was Charlottesville. The Nazi/Alt-right has done a massive disservice to Conservatives by giving the media EXACTLY what they have been wanting: a Nazi rally with violence. Now they have their strawman and they are going to milk it for years, pushing the narrative that ALL Conservatives are under the same, Alt-right umbrella. It's going to be very hard to disavow the Nazis when they keeping trying to co-opt Conservative events to get more exposure. They hate us cause we aren't that extreme, Leftists hate us for being too extreme.

I think we have passed the tipping point. Both sides are so entrenched in the ideology and the violence is escalating as we all knew it would. "An eye for eye" is going to be the mantra as Leftists call for armed resistance and the media happily plays along. This is just not going to end well... :mellow:

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Step back and look at the long game happening. The first marker was Berkley, the second marker was Charlottesville. The Nazi/Alt-right has done a massive disservice to Conservatives by giving the media EXACTLY what they have been wanting: a Nazi rally with violence.

yep, i have little doubt that rally and rioters on both sides were organized and paid off by the same people, 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

yep, i have little doubt that rally and rioters on both sides were organized and paid off by the same people, 

I am really starting to think these Alt-Right leaders may be some kind of Government plant. When they started doing "seig heil" salutes to Trump, something seemed off. Like they were trying to be caricatures of "Trump Nazis". Now, maybe they were genuine skinheads but maybe, just maybe, this was an easy way to infiltrate and subvert the entire Patriot/Free Speech movement with one simple rally.

Members of past free speech rallies have complained about Nazis wanting to join and sometimes just showing up and forcing their way in. Great optics when you're trying to talk about freedom of speech and there's a dumb@ss with a Swastika flag in the background. Something fishy is going on, man. This is reminiscent of the Nazi movement the Canadian Government created when they kept throwing money at the non-existent threat of Canadian Nazis.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Will Due said:

It won't be over until the racist Washington Memorial is demolished. 

God help us.

Oh yeah, lets just destroy every monument in Washington D.C.

Isn't it odd they didn't raise hell until AFTER Obama left the White House?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aztek said:

Yeah, they are flush with cash $$$$.

• Like 2

How sad... destroying a statue of the person who freed slaves all because he was a Republican and was part of the civil war at the time. We really need to start fixing our education on the history part as well. I bet if they actually study the history of Lincoln, they wouldn't have down this terrible action.

• Like 2

What cracks me up is how many people think one of these radical groups is going to like them because they share a certain belief. I don't think beliefs have anything to do with what motivates a lot of these people. They don't like anyone but themselves and you can only hope people wake up.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

Who didn't see this coming? Give them and inch and they'll take a mile.

Sadly I saw this coming. It wasn't hard to see that they were not going to stop, their mob mentality is leading to brazen acts of criminal actions and threats to people's safety. Their actions in my eyes actually helped Nazis/KKK by giving them exposure and a cause to fight for what they believe in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, susieice said:

You think the klan or the supremasists are doing this? Everybody's after monuments now! Washington's won't be far off. Why the Smithsonian?

It represents science, academia. Some people don't like that. 

I really felt sorry for the students at the university, who were surrounded by scary people with torches around that monument. It took some guts to stand their ground with nothing between them but a homemade sign. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Oh yeah, lets just destroy every monument in Washington D.C.

Isn't it odd they didn't raise hell until AFTER Obama left the White House?

It is because they didn't get what they wanted, they wanted crooked Hillary in office and she lost the election. As soon as that happen, they ramped up their campaign to get what they wanted. The democrats were so happy to help them if it meant the Republicans loosing their reputation and their seats in the government. They decided Trump shall be their scapegoat and rallied behind the idea of removing him from office regardless of the voters who voted him in. By the definition of coup, that is what the Democrats are trying to do with the investigations and constant propaganda. Democrats... the party of slavers, the party of confederacy, the party of the south. If only they actually learned their history, these extremist groups on the left wouldn't be able to recruit them because they would know better and Democrats would most likely suffer a lose of voters. Right now all the Antifa and BLM tearing down statues are actually helping the Democrats wipe clean their dirty and shameful history, making it a clean blank slate where their voters are none the wiser of their past actions.

The Ugly History of Democratic Suppression of Blacks

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 5