Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pulsating light

J0373

Let me start by saying im one who tries to find reason for all actions. Im in here to find reason and explination to a strange thing that happened last night. My husband and I were in bed trying to get some rest. When I was woken up suddenly by this flashing ball of light in middle of our room about 3 feet high lasting maybe 10 seconds. I quickly dismissed it as possibly a car driving by. However a car passed by and that light was completely different. About 30 seconds later that same flashing light was again appearing in middle of our hall where there are no windows. 

Sounds like a vivid dream, and was probably inspired by you seeing another set of bright car lights just before the ones you compared it with.  Our brains are not good at knowing exactly where the boundary is between awake and asleep/dreaming...

In regard to the other light, how did that come about - did you get up and go into the hall?  Does anyone else live with you?  Does your partner agree (in a non-patronising way!) with the entire sequence of events, and did he see the second hallway light/s?  What was his opinion?

• Like 1

The foot of our bed faces the hallway. We both saw the flashing/pulsating light And it definately was no car, as the car lights are much dimmer. This ball of light was very bright. I am a very light sleeper and became wide awake very quickly when this light started. My husband saw the light in hall when I woke him and is just as curious as I am. In fact it was his suggestion I research what the strange lights could be.

Hi J0373,

Spirit can manifest as a ball of light. My suggestion is to ask it questions when you see it again. Ask it to move to another part of the room for you to ascertain if it has intelligence and understanding.

Have you or your husband lost loved ones recently?

• Like 1

On 18/08/2017 at 2:08 PM, J0373 said:

The foot of our bed faces the hallway. We both saw the flashing/pulsating light And it definately was no car, as the car lights are much dimmer. This ball of light was very bright. I am a very light sleeper and became wide awake very quickly when this light started. My husband saw the light in hall when I woke him and is just as curious as I am. In fact it was his suggestion I research what the strange lights could be.

It's possible that it's due to sleep/wake related stuff. You were half awake and 'saw' the first one, then the second one, and you woke your husband up, possibly in a suggestive sleep like state and not fully awake, so he thought he saw it too... Something like that is a possible explanation.

And if there was really something there, then I have no idea. Can ball lightning happen indoors? :ph34r:

Christine007

No neither one have lost a loved one recently. However both of us have lost someone close to us that we feel are still by our side at times.

Timonthy

Ball lightning is possible however it was a clear night with not a cloud in the sky. And as to your possible theory that we were barely awake. That may be true for my husband but im a light sleeper and wake up to full alert easily. Being a mother of a infant you have to be alert fast.