Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Still Waters

Van hits crowds in Barcelona tourist area

69 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

they're kids these terrorists. seriously, have you seen the photo's?

18 years old is what is currently known ...
 

Quote

 

~

Barcelona terror attack: police hunt 18-year-old Moussa Oukabir ...

https://www.theguardian.com › World › Spain attacks

15 hours ago - A photo of Moussa Oukabir from social media. ... Spanish police investigating the Barcelona terrorist attack are hunting an 18-year-old man ...

~

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

18 years old is what is currently known ...
 

 

maybe even younger as alot of these kids would falsify there documents or have none so they don't get deported or stay in refugee camps. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Risky said:

maybe even younger as alot of these kids would falsify there documents or have none so they don't get deported or stay in refugee camps. 

What I am hearing is a lot of these recent attacks are not truly recruits or planners but are actually victims themselves with loved ones and family still stuck back 'where they come from' because of the recent Closing of borders to refugees.

Their family and loved ones are practically being held hostages under threat of deadly intent unless they do as they are commanded ...

~

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, third_eye said:

What I am hearing is a lot of these recent attacks are not truly recruits or planners but are actually victims themselves with loved ones and family still stuck back 'where they come from' because of the recent Closing of borders to refugees.

Their family and loved ones are practically being held hostages under threat of deadly intent unless they do as they are commanded ...

~

What I've heard most is, their parents emigrated to western countries and brought the kids committing these atrocities with them at a young age. I would be glad to be proven wrong though.

Are there any stats on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

What I've heard most is, their parents emigrated to western countries and brought the kids committing these atrocities with them at a young age. I would be glad to be proven wrong though.

Are there any stats on that?

That which you mention here used to be the higher percentages ...

As of late, what I am hearing is, those suspected/under investigation of prevented and thwarted weighs in at about 60% , those still under or pending is measuring in around the 45% (2015/2016)

I won't link you, for reasons best kept to myself ... but if you wanna go trawling for it, I can safely say you can start with Mueller's departments ..
 

Quote

 

~

Robert Mueller Investigation Must Separate Fact From Fiction | Time.com

time.com/4828081/robert-mueller-special-counsel/

Jun 22, 2017 - Special Counsel Robert Mueller is assembling an all-star team of veteran ... the realization is sinking in: this is going to be with us for quite a while. .... cases involving terrorism, organized crime, drugs and money laundering.

~

 


 

Quote

 

~

No, Robert Mueller And James Comey Aren't Heroes | HuffPost

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../conflicts-of-interest-and-ethics-robert-mueller-and_us_5...

Jun 6, 2017 - No, Robert Mueller And James Comey Aren't Heroes ... to supply grist for FBI press releases about FBI “progress” in fighting terrorism. ... intrepid investigative reporting and persistent, honest judges, U.S. taxpayers footed a ...

~

 

 

Edited by third_eye
addressing the reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't talking about the US, since that isn't where most of these attacks are happening...but I'll look at your links when I can.

It is the weekend and it's getting late. ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I wasn't talking about the US, since that isn't where most of these attacks are happening...but I'll look at your links when I can.

It is the weekend and it's getting late. ;)

Well ya gotta start somewhere ... ;)

The silver lining I guess is that willing recruits are harder to get and those lunatics are running on dead legs to have to resort to such desperate measures ... human shields is just another nomenclature for 'hostages'

~
 

Quote

 

~

Interpol has circulated a list of 173 Islamic State fighters it believes could have been trained to mount suicide attacks in Europe in revenge for the group’s military defeats in the Middle East.

...

US Army Col Ryan Dillon on Friday estimated there were around 2,000 Isis militants in the city, who he said were using civilians and children as human shields. The distance between SDF forces on the eastern side of the city and on the western fronts is now just under 2km.

~

 

~
EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report TE-SAT : LINK

2015 Report Link

Quote

 

Each report also concludes with a set of six annexes, covering:

  • statistics on the failed, foiled and completed attacks per EU Member State and per terrorism category;
  • statistics of arrests per Member State and per terrorism category;
  • statistics on concluded court proceedings and penalties for terrorist offences, as reported to Eurojust;
  • the report methodology;
  • the acronyms and abbreviations used;
  • amendments in national legislation on terrorism in the reporting year;
  • an overview of Europol’s counter-terrorism activities.

 

~

 

Quote

 

What is the driving force behind jihadist terrorism?

18 December 2015

 

~

 

Quote

 

Taliban using rape, blackmail to recruit young terrorists

By Hollie McKay Published June 01, 2017

 

 

~

but this also turns into another disturbing trend ...
 

Quote

 

~

The Top 5 Countries Where ISIS Gets Its Foreign Recruits - Time

time.com/4739488/isis-iraq-syria-tunisia-saudi-arabia-russia/
Apr 14, 2017 - The terrorist group is a multinational organization, attracting recruits from ... lines, here are the top five countries of origin for ISIS foreign fighters — as ... in Syria are one of the most effective forces fighting both Assad and ISIS.
~
Aug 22, 2016 - Bloom said children are often recruited by force or family members committed to the cause. “We had a story of a Syrian boy. The father said, 'No ...
~

How Islamic State militants recruit and coerce children - ABC News ...

www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-24/how-islamic-state-militants-recruit.../7781970

Aug 24, 2016 - Photo: Iraqi security forces detain a boy after removing a suicide vest from him in Kirkuk. ... Related Story: 12yo suicide bomber could have been behind ... in terrorist groups and child soldiers include how children are recruited ...

~

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping to have heard some good news this morning, that they had found this lost little boy. But apparently he is still missing. What I don't understand, is how does a child simply disappear off the face of the earth. I understand the chaos and tragedy that occurred at the time he went missing, but surely somebody knows something of his whereabouts. I'm starting to get concerned that someone of ill character may have possibly snatched him ?.....Apparently there were reports that he was found in one of the hospitals. But these reports were false. The family of course are frantic...especially his mum, who is in hospital with two broken legs, a fractured back, and suffering head trauma. The fall out and aftermath of this type of senseless act  done by these cowards and low life terrorists is simply beyond comprehension. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/barcelona-terror-attack-missing-grandfather-11014861

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping this little boy had been found too. I feel horrible for that poor mother. I sure hope he hasn't been taken by someone. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2017 at 3:33 AM, Captain Risky said:

maybe even younger as alot of these kids would falsify there documents or have none so they don't get deported or stay in refugee camps. 

Or maybe a lot older as these characters tend to lie about their age so they don't get deported.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Astra. said:

I was hoping to have heard some good news this morning, that they had found this lost little boy. But apparently he is still missing. What I don't understand, is how does a child simply disappear off the face of the earth. I understand the chaos and tragedy that occurred at the time he went missing, but surely somebody knows something of his whereabouts. I'm starting to get concerned that someone of ill character may have possibly snatched him ?.....Apparently there were reports that he was found in one of the hospitals. But these reports were false. The family of course are frantic...especially his mum, who is in hospital with two broken legs, a fractured back, and suffering head trauma. The fall out and aftermath of this type of senseless act  done by these cowards and low life terrorists is simply beyond comprehension. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/barcelona-terror-attack-missing-grandfather-11014861

 

16 hours ago, susieice said:

I was hoping this little boy had been found too. I feel horrible for that poor mother. I sure hope he hasn't been taken by someone. 

Sad news, the poor little lad is confirmed among the dead, seven-year-old Julian Cadman with dual British-Australian nationality was killed in the Barcelona terror attack, Catalan police have confirmed.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/19/2017 at 8:26 AM, Michelle said:

What I've heard most is, their parents emigrated to western countries and brought the kids committing these atrocities with them at a young age. I would be glad to be proven wrong though.

Are there any stats on that?

Not in direct response to your post, but on a similar theme. -

In the UK, All the Terrorist have had UK citizenship. All but three where born here and are second or third generation immigrants. So strangely their parents or grandparents had fled and escaped the **** hole for a better life here in the UK, with all the trappings and opportunities a Liberal Western Democracy affords one, but for some twisted reason their offspring who've never lived in the **** hole have decided they want to turn their country of birth into the aforementioned shithole.

Edited by stevewinn
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

 

Sad news, the poor little lad is confirmed among the dead, seven-year-old Julian Cadman with dual British-Australian nationality was killed in the Barcelona terror attack, Catalan police have confirmed.

Oh gosh, thank you Steve.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

 

Sad news, the poor little lad is confirmed among the dead, seven-year-old Julian Cadman with dual British-Australian nationality was killed in the Barcelona terror attack, Catalan police have confirmed.

Thanks stevewinn. This is so sad. Was really hoping that little boy would be found alive somewhere. Do you know if he died in hospital or was he somehow overlooked at the scene? At least, they were able to give his family an answer. Bless his poor mother.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, susieice said:

Thanks stevewinn. This is so sad. Was really hoping that little boy would be found alive somewhere. Do you know if he died in hospital or was he somehow overlooked at the scene? At least, they were able to give his family an answer. Bless his poor mother.

This is all so terribly sad and heart wrenching. Iv'e tried to find more details as to how this little boy, among the other 13 people who had died in this tragedy, was somehow overlooked...whilst his distressed mother and family had suffered in anguish for nearly three days wondering of his whereabouts. Thus far I have found no explanation for this. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Well, he has his answers now, I wonder if they're to his liking?  Hopefully, the person that convinced him to behave in this way will share his fate sooner rather than later.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, and then said:

Well, he has his answers now, I wonder if they're to his liking?  Hopefully, the person that convinced him to behave in this way will share his fate sooner rather than later.

No argument there. :tu:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the alleged Barcelona attack plotters has admitted a bigger attack was planned, say judicial sources.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41010469

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.