Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Julian Williams

Vivid-like Dreaming

5 posts in this topic

I have been dreaming all my life, not realizing that those stuffs that I dream of are the things I've thought of but already forgotten. From tiny to huge things(not literally things) I have already forgotten. For example, I saw a haunted house and starred at it when I was passing by and I just forget it after that. Then later or sooner, i start to dream myself, seeing a haunted house or walking inside it. It's not a deja vu.

What could this mean? I've listened to other people talking about their dreams and their stories in their dreams are very normal unlike mine. Mine are so weird, strange, and random. It's almost like an illusion. What's wrong with me? I've always thought this is completely normal when I was little.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Julian Williams said:

I have been dreaming all my life, not realizing that those stuffs that I dream of are the things I've thought of but already forgotten. From tiny to huge things(not literally things) I have already forgotten. For example, I saw a haunted house and starred at it when I was passing by and I just forget it after that. Then later or sooner, i start to dream myself, seeing a haunted house or walking inside it. It's not a deja vu.

What could this mean? I've listened to other people talking about their dreams and their stories in their dreams are very normal unlike mine. Mine are so weird, strange, and random. It's almost like an illusion. What's wrong with me? I've always thought this is completely normal when I was little.

Welcome to UM.

Don't worry, nothing is wrong with you. They're just dreams. 

People experience dreams in different ways, and yours is just one of those ways. 

1 person likes this

Welcome aboard.

I'm not sure what concerns you. If I understood your post, you see or do things in real life, then forget about them as far as conscious thinking is concerned, but some of them show up in your dreams a bit later.

That's pretty normal. There's even a theory that one of the functions of dreams is to manage memory storage, and another theory (not mutually exclusive of the first) that many functions of the unconscious, including dream production, are designed to prod consciousness into "taking a second look" at things and situations that the dreamer hasn't paid attention to while they're awake.

What is it about other people's dream reports that you think your dreams lack?

In any case, as the other poster alluded to, different people have different dreaming styles. I wouldn't say "just dreams," because I think dreams are an important form of thinking.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, eight bits said:

What is it about other people's dream reports that you think your dreams lack? 

Mine is abnormal?

2 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Welcome to UM.

Don't worry, nothing is wrong with you. They're just dreams. 

People experience dreams in different ways, and yours is just one of those ways. 

Great then