Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scariest dream, what does it mean?

UM-Bot

By: Issac | Location: US

I had a dream last night and it was like nothing I have ever experienced before. 

So basically my dream started off really random and all over the place like they always do and I never really remember my dreams unless they are really scary. And I don't have nightmares often. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111898/scariest-dream-what-does-it-mean

I don't think I can help much with the dream part. Maybe with how you felt when you woke up. You said you were out of breath and it felt like you hadn't breathed in a long time. This makes me wonder if this part was caused by sleep apnea. This is basically when you stop breathing usually while sleeping. Hence the name sleep apnea. I don't remember the exact science of it but a flap of skin in the airway flops over obstructing the airway. This can happen several times a minute, hundreds of times an hour. This prevents your brain and other vital organs from getting the oxygen they need. Then the serious stuff can happen. I have had dreams that were based on what I was feeling in real life asleep. So maybe what you dreamt was your body's way of dealing with the sleep apnea or whatever. Testing for sleep apnea is a simple, painless sleep study where you are asleep most of the duration of it. See your physician for the next steps. If you do have it you will feel a ton better after starting treatment. There's my two cents. Keep the change. 

• Like 2

Hi there, I'm a believer that dreams are to make you self aware, not everyone carries the same theory. I'll try a little analysis for you just to look at your dream from a none medical point of view and more of a mental guidance : I reckon your under some stress in a part of your life more to do with a close relationship, could be a partner, family member, work associate etc but I'd say there is a definite relationship causing you stress, your dreams for warning you not to take the problem lying down but it's guiding you to stop the panic and approach things in a calmer manner. There's a quarrel building possibly over financial loss stay calm whatever the outcome it will make this relationship stronger. Stay diplomatic. Take time out for yourself away from the stress. Look at all perspectives.

Dreams guide us. 

• Like 1

No two peoples sleep paralysis is the same trust me I have them almost every night sense I was five. I am not saying that is what happened to you. I did wake up once feeling like I couldn't breathe and I made a choking sound, it turned out my cat happened to stretch his paw out right on my windpipe. Craziest thing

• 3 weeks later...

I have had a few dreams where I could not breathe. And it is always the same dream. And in the same time I feel like I cannot breathe in real life. All I want to do is to wake up in real life. Even in the dream, the dream is telling me to wake up. While dreaming, but in real life, I can feel my chest hurting, and my heart slowing. And when I do wake up, I tell myself, ''did I stop breathing for real.''

But you did say, you slept on a couch, because I was wondering, did you sleep upright or laying on the couch.

I have heard that some people have trouble breathing, while sleeping by sitting upright on the seat or couch, for some reason. And if you was wondering, I don't sleep upright, because I can't, I need to lay down myself, but I do get that dream, where I cannot breathe 

It does sound like sleep apnea. You should get it checked out.