Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NOMOLI Ancient Alien Stones

Nomoli Ben

Thanks especially for pointing me to that book

I have been working with African art experts and the formost expert on NOMOLI  in America and they all were unaware of this french book also - so thanks again, will try to find English edition

Peace Out Again!

The review says this "we have to admit, with Georgi, that Nomoli are fascinating little figures and that their mystery has not been revealed yet"

I'll take that as inspiration and see what can be found

Thanks again

There's some evidence for an undiscovered civilisation in Africa (not the least of which being "White Zimbabwe"). There is, however, no evidence for that civilisation to be from the Planet Zog.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nomoli Ben said:

[...]

I found a review of that book (thanks for pointing it out) as you can see they state the "But the main question - who made the nomoli, when and how and why - do not recieve satisfactory answershttps://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/africa/article/magubane-bernard-and-nzongolantalaja-eds-proletarianization-and-class-struggle-in-africa-san-francisco-synthesis-publications-1983-182-pp-895/9C49216CFB8FDCF9A9FDFD93CAE7DA15

There are hypotheses, one of such:

As to their dating, stylistic relationships between some of the nomoli and some of the ancestral figures in the Sudan, along with an apparent influence from that area dated about the seventh or eight century A.D., might mean that they were first manufactured at that time. Evidence exists that they were still being made in some places in the present century, but this might represent a revival of the art rather than a continuance, since the sale of these figures is quite profitable.

(bolding mine; John H. Atherton and Milan Kalous (1970). Nomoli. The Journal of African History, 11, pp 303-317 doi:10.1017/S0021853700010161)

Anyway, you really should visit library, or, at least, ask questions in History related sections, either here, or here, and then visit library.

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 3

These are all very consistant with information from those I have spoken to over the  years. I was here (as stated above) to determine if anyone in the alien

theory body had experience or opinion

Yu never know so it was worth a shot

Thanks agin, been entertaining and informative

PS MY partner in this mission is the African Art professor and he is better at library stuff - I'm researching healing arts, alien, metaphysical

The nuns always wanted me to go to the library too, nothing new HA!

10 hours ago, Nomoli Ben said:

Good points but the contingent from Planet Zog has not weighed in yet

IMG_0266.JPG.527eb5bbf8a618c884c1948f78c6032a.JPG

• Like 2

hi namoli, why stone carving should be a work of advanced civilization? people with time and patience and hard rock should be able to do it I guess . 

• Like 1

Why would aliens come all that way just to carve rocks ? 

Now, if they left carvings in.. dunno... rebar concrete or Titanium or something... THEN I'd be impressed !

• Like 1

We've now heard from ZOG - How COOL!

As to similarities in style with artifacts from sixth century AD

There is chicken egg - did those come first or did they dig up NOMOLI and copy them?

Here's a question to ponder - Why would skeptics spend their time arguing on web sites dedicated to "Extraterestrial Life and UFO Phenomenon"

AH HA, maybe they are closet believers in denial!

1 hour ago, Nomoli Ben said:

:blink:

There is chicken egg - did those come first or did they dig up NOMOLI and copy them?

If only you understood said artifacts and their origin, you wouldn't ask such silly questions.

Here's a question to ponder - Why would skeptics spend their time arguing on web sites dedicated to "Extraterestrial Life and UFO Phenomenon"

You do not have the mental capacity to figure that one out by yourself? Maybe it is because some of us enjoy discussing the subject; doesn't mean that we have to believe in it. 

:rolleyes:

Yeah, keep on dreaming.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 2

Just had a quick look on Amazon, they too have a book

TRADITIONAL CARVINGS AND CRAFTWORK FROM SIERRA LEONE A Selection from the Massie-Taylor Collection of Society Masks, Figures, Nomoli, Musical Instruments and Country Cloths. Paperback – 1961

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRADITIONAL-CRAFTWORK-Massie-Taylor-Collection-Instruments/dp/B00HBYLFXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503332078&sr=8-1&keywords=books%2C+NOMOLI

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nomoli Ben said:

Ohh us skeptics are the worst sort of believers, we want evidence before we believe. There isn't one skeptic here who would be cheering the day we prove alien life exists. Not one who wouldn't be more then happy to say "well, I was wrong about that!" if the Zoggites say "well, we did build the pyramids", because that would be proof. 

But there is no proof. So we continue to appraise everything through lenses of critique and rubrics of appraisal in order to weed out the utter woo and the completely spurious. This makes us look like critical, grumpy, cynical old sods to the sort of people who believe anything because they themselves cannot think of an explanation for something.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Nomoli Ben said:

Here is another question

Why would one suppose a mere carved stone  was done by  aliens in the first pace  ?

• Like 2

On 8/18/2017 at 6:55 PM, Nomoli Ben said:

The fact as to that is the stones have been dug up over past 300 years by current tribes mentioned. They repurposed them as you describe

But, in fact no one claims that any known human or even unnamed artist from their ancestors "carved" the stones

As far as I can find that is, they are attributed to other beings creating them

Thanks again for tha input

How exactly are you aware of what people were doing with the stones 300 years ago? Especially since you don't seem to have any particular training in history of the area generally or artistic conventions specifically.

It's worth invoking Occam's Razor here; the idea they were carved by one group of people who were later displaced is preferable to any other theory simply because (a) it reflects what's already known about the area and (b) doesn't needlessly invoke the presence of otherwise undocumented, unknown races terrestrial, extra-, or spiritual. 

As med students are taught, if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebra.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2

On 18/08/2017 at 2:04 PM, Nomoli Ben said:

Who out there knows about the NOMOLI Ancient Alien Stones?

For years my family has brought NOMOLI into the US.

Our collection has been museum exhibited, now first Internet site up and writing the first ever book of NOMOLI with African art professor.

We do have some testimonials to the power in metaphysical, psychic, healing, etc but very interested in yours - AND have uncovered very little about the Ancient Alien connection or use by ancient alien enthusiasts to include. Who can tell me of your experience or knowledge?

Excited to hear, Ben

So I looked up your user name, you said you have a site and here it is, registered to you and with your user name on one of the links, why not post that from the start?

http://www.ancientalienstones.com/

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nomoli Ben said:

Great article - thanks Mr Duck

I'd recommend to start from review papers, like W.A.Hart and C.Fyfe The Stone Sculptures of the Upper Guinea Coast History in Africa, Vol. 20 (1993), pp. 71-87. It reviews many works on the subject, from Thompson and Rütimeyer down to Lamp and Tagliaferry.

Take advice from nuns: go to the library.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, seeder said:

So I looked up your user name, you said you have a site and here it is, registered to you and with your user name on one of the links, why not post that from the start?

http://www.ancientalienstones.com/

Well, where is Ben there?.. Ah yeah, I see it, way down below. And, to no surprise, that kinda stuff surfaced: NOMOLI at African Art Museum, Artifacts for Sale (bolding mine)

I have book African Art by V.Mirimanov, 1986 (in Russian, helluva illustrations) and some sculptures from OPs link (well, the one you posted) doesn't look like nomoli(nomori) at all.

I have sneakin' suspicion, OP is just trying to scam.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Well, where is Ben there?.. Ah yeah, I see it, way down below. And, to no surprise, that kinda stuff surfaced: NOMOLI at African Art Museum, Artifacts for Sale (bolding mine)

I have book African Art by V.Mirimanov, 1986 (in Russian, helluva illustrations) and some sculptures from OPs link (well, the one you posted) doesn't look like nomoli(nomori) at all.

I have sneakin' suspicion, OP is just trying to scam.

He is the owner of that site, what you do is a 'whois' lookup...then add the full url of the site to the whois.... and it gives his name

and when early in the thread he was given this link

http://www.ancient-origins.net/artifacts-other-artifacts/unknown-origins-mysterious-nomoli-figures-002513?nopaging=1

He seemed grateful, but he had already written in the comments on that link back in 2016....scroll down to last 2 comments and you will see him there

So yes I think he is just getting US to do the research then give him links and ideas for his website info and book

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, seeder said:

He is the owner of that site, what you do is a 'whois' lookup...then add the full url of the site to the whois and it gives his name

and when early in the thread he was given this link

http://www.ancient-origins.net/artifacts-other-artifacts/unknown-origins-mysterious-nomoli-figures-002513?nopaging=1

He seemed grateful, but he already written in the comments on that link back in 2016....scroll down to last 2 comments and you will see him there

So yes I think he is just getting US to do the research then give him links and ideas for his website info and book

Well, that certainly deserves banhammer

6358021302566222931022852051_ban.png

PS kudos, seeder! :nw:

Edited by bmk1245
  • Like 2

Thread closed for moderator review

• Like 1

• The topic was locked