Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NOMOLI Ancient Alien Stones

Nomoli Ben

Who out there knows about the NOMOLI Ancient Alien Stones?

For years my family has brought NOMOLI into the US.

Our collection has been museum exhibited, now first Internet site up and writing the first ever book of NOMOLI with African art professor.

We do have some testimonials to the power in metaphysical, psychic, healing, etc but very interested in yours - AND have uncovered very little about the Ancient Alien connection or use by ancient alien enthusiasts to include. Who can tell me of your experience or knowledge?

Excited to hear, Ben

Thanks, Specifically I am interested in personal experiences others may have

Most are in museums but I'm sure some enlightened have activated and have experience to share in the book

Thanks had never seen that site

They do not discuss the origins or tribal folklore

All information in that regard is of beings from the heavens as far as I have found

The site does state that they were made to protect the crops. I saw the "protect the crops" mentioned on a few sites.

According to local traditions, these figures were meant to be used to protect the crop. It sometimes occurred that a similar figure was damaged as punishment for a poor harvest.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

However, i do know Earth has a Hidden History.

everything has a Hidden History

• Like 1

The fact as to that is the stones have been dug up over past 300 years by current tribes mentioned. They repurposed them as you describe

But, in fact no one claims that any known human or even unnamed artist from their ancestors "carved" the stones

As far as I can find that is, they are attributed to other beings creating them

Thanks again for tha input

14 minutes ago, Nomoli Ben said:

The fact as to that is the stones have been dug up over past 300 years by current tribes mentioned. They repurposed them as you describe

But, in fact no one claims that any known human or even unnamed artist from their ancestors "carved" the stones

That's not unusual. Seal stones from the site called Troy were found and considered to be of fantastic origin. They were given to women to induce lactation, if I remember. 

But when excavation and examination was done they were found to be stones used for sealing messages with wax used in the historic city. 

• Like 2

Some theorize the stones may have been carved many thousands of years ago

The sticking point with others is that they believe there was no civilization capable in that area over 1000 years ago

I have posted on many relative sites and they are virtually unjknown by those who I would expect to know

Very interesting for sure

As I had mentioned before the Aztecs ascribed the pyramids of Teotihuacan to giants. The carvings are likely to be from the people that were conquered.

To suggest that these are not of human origin is rather odd don't you think. That would like saying no known human made the Banksy art.

Old art is sometimes hard to assign to a culture. It is often a matter of finding similar art in another place. There is a style in North America called the Frontier culture. It is found in many areas, but has also been found on dwellings making it possible to connect the art on rock to the people that made the art. Maybe some day the nomoli can be connected to a particular tradition with certainty.

• Like 3

Thank you all for your input. I will take away that the concensus on this site is they are carved by a tribe that is unidentified but no great mystery here

One person points out that everything has hidden hystory so they would be included

And, no one has personal experience or knowledge of these stones here

Thanks again and Peace All!

3 minutes ago, Nomoli Ben said:

Thank you all for your input. I will take away that the concensus on this site is they are carved by a tribe that is unidentified but no great mystery here

One person points out that everything has hidden hystory so they would be included

And, no one has personal experience or knowledge of these stones here

Thanks again and Peace All!

I've never understood why anyone thinks these have anything but a human origin. Can you shed any light on why people would think that?

"Never understood" so you have studied and were aware of NOMOLI before at least - I think you are the only one on this site who said that they had even heard of them

And this is a site where people pride themselves on being aware and alert to such things (there are specific reasons they remain unknown at critical mass to date)

Yes, I could speculate based upon my experience and knowledge but not in a sentence or two

And certainly it is a matter of fertile soil

If a person believes there is no "Higher Power"/ many call God (others believe were aliens) and no mysteries above our current level of written academia then they never would

But to answer broadly, historically there have been men and women who believe there is more and are open to possibilities

And specifically all the oral tradition and spiritual significance which can be traced proves this is what the natives claimed in their earliest accounts

So the short answer - because that is the truth according to those who knew best and were there then)

And then there are others who have had deeply  personal experiences but many will not share so as not to diminish the relevance and allow others opinions to interfere with their personal experience

But anyway, I'm gathering input for the book and will let others judge for themselves

The point is that in history there is no book of NOMOLI ever written, what little is known is held by the elders only, and it is in danger of being

lost to antiquity as the stones are no longer politically correct due to world religions and association with "Primitive arts"

In fact they are being purged now, especially by extremist Muslims and Christians also!

So we will write the first book and I am researching for those who can contribute - they are out there me thinks

And then therer is that "Healing Stone" movement which is growing and alive but unaware (as best I can tell) of these powerful

Enigmatic artifacts

Perhaps we will see by example the power as they become activated by healers, psychics, etc - I can not say

You must admit there is a mystery in that no one really knows do they?

Peace and thanks for asking

• Like 1

So because no one knows where they come from, aliens did it?

• Like 2

Why would aliens want to crave rocks ? and the argument that nobody knows makes them of alien origin makes no sense either , art music etc go out of fashion and people stop doing them . 

• Like 1

On 19/08/2017 at 2:55 AM, Nomoli Ben said:

Why would you know specifically who created them? They're rock carvings, thousands of years old. Not having a "names artist" doesn't mean that they were created by "other beings".

18 hours ago, Nomoli Ben said:

[...]

The point is that in history there is no book of NOMOLI ever written, what little is known is held by the elders only, and it is in danger of being

[...]

So we will write the first book and I am researching for those who can contribute - they are out there me thinks

[...]

Really? How about this one: Gello Giorgi, I Nomoli di Sierra Leone, Bologna : EMI, 1983.

Basically, you know very little, yet you want to write a book... Thats becoming a trend.

How about visiting library and reading papers on the subject in archeological and historical journals?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

Really? How about this one: Gello Giorgi, I Nomoli di Sierra Leone, Bologna : EMI, 1983.

Basically, you know very little, yet you want to write a book... Thats becoming a trend.

How about visiting library and reading papers on the subject in archeological and historical journals?

Seriously. 

There are some archeologists and historians on the Ancient Civ forum, but getting a line to someone working in that specific area is a better idea than posting on a board dedicated to aliens. 

Edited by ShadowSot
Minor case of autocorrect

7 hours ago, Nomoli Ben said:

I certainly did not say that but thanks for your input

This is the alien section. The inference is, aided by the fact you called them "ancient alien stones", that you consider them to be of non-human origin.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Seriously. 

There are some archeologists and historians on the Ancient Civil forum, but getting a line to someone working in that specific area is a better idea than posting on a board dedicated to aliens

Certainly.

WOWSA, ne reason to get mean spirited my friends

Was attending African Art museum event yesterday, excuse the delay in response and again thanks for your input

MessageToEagle.com - August 2014 - Among many ancient relics that definitely "threaten" our traditional school of thought are the so-called Nomoli figures found in Sierra Leone, West Africa.

The Nomoli are controversial stone figures dated from 2,500 years to approximately 15,000 BC and even 17,000 BC. They seem to prove the existence of an ancient civilization much more advanced than it "should" be.

All the indications are that about 17,000 years ago, a highly sophisticated civilization existed in the current West Africa.

Legend tells that:

"They wandered without let or hindrance to places where no man had ever been before. One could not look them in the face because their eyes were so bright that it hurt one's own eyes to look at them. It was like looking at the sun."

Wikipedia.com - The people in the region expressed the belief that they were the work of spiritual beings and that no one in the communities knew how to make such a figure.

Unsolved Mysteries - Myth and legend of Western Africa says that in ancient times a people of angels lived in heaven. As a cause of bad behaviour God banned them from the divine empire. To punish the angels he transformed them into men and sends them to Earth. The Nomoli Statues are said to be a reminder of those once divine creatures. The natives often call the figures “men in stone”. But some see them as guardian gods who brings luck.

I found a review of that book (thanks for pointing it out) as you can see they state the "But the main question - who made the nomoli, when and how and why - do not recieve satisfactory answershttps://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/africa/article/magubane-bernard-and-nzongolantalaja-eds-proletarianization-and-class-struggle-in-africa-san-francisco-synthesis-publications-1983-182-pp-895/9C49216CFB8FDCF9A9FDFD93CAE7DA15

• The topic was locked