Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 Girls, under 10 Found Murdered

Sweetpumper

Three girls under the age of 10 are found gruesomely killed inside Maryland home in one of the most horrific crimes state police have ever seen

• Three girls were found dead inside of home in Clinton, Maryland on Friday morning, according to investigators
  • It is not clear yet exactly how they died but police said they suffered 'trauma to the body' 
  • In a news conference with reporters police described that the scene inside the home as 'gruesome' 
  • Officers who responded and found the bodies have been offered counselling 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4803382/Three-children-dead-Maryland-home.html#ixzz4q8ziTQQ7 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kismit said:

NB: NO motive yet.

Honor.

12 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Evidence?

It's a logical conclusion.  I can post a list of such crimes if you like. It's not about religion, it's about culture and tradition. Some Eastern Mediterranean Christian groups have been known to practice it as well.  It could be another reason, of course, be another motive, but I doubt it. We've had a number of such honor killings here in the States.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/honor-killings-in-america/391760/

Edited by Hammerclaw

12 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's a logical conclusion.  I can post a list of such crimes if you like. It's not about religion, it's about culture and tradition. Some Eastern Mediterranean Christian groups have been known to practice it as well.  It could be another reason, of course, be another motive, but I doubt it. We've had a number of such honor killings here in the States.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/honor-killings-in-america/391760/

Possibly. But The victims of honour killings tend to be teenage or adult women. I'm struggling to come up with ways that three under ten-year-olds could offend the honour of their family.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I know what honour killings are. But the official line is No motive as yet.

And there is nothing in the stories to conclusively prove honor killings as a motive.

It's speculation based on what?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

I know what honour killings are. But the official line is No motive as yet.

And there is nothing in the stories to conclusively prove honor killings as a motive.

It's speculation based on what?

If there was conclusive proof cited we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we? Speculation based on the senseless nature of the crime and it's similarity to other such crimes. I could be a one hundred percent wrong as I have already said.

3 hours ago, Arbenol said:

Possibly. But The victims of honour killings tend to be teenage or adult women. I'm struggling to come up with ways that three under ten-year-olds could offend the honour of their family.

Explain this killing in Afghanistan  to me and perhaps we can both understand such a motive. This one here may have nothing to do with hono(u)r. It may be just a random act of violence or an act of revenge.                                                  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-05/woman-and-children-beheaded-in-honour-killing/4111016

Edited by Hammerclaw

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Explain this killing in Afghanistan  to me and perhaps we can both understand such a motive. This one here may have nothing to do with hono(u)r. It may be just a random act of violence or an act of revenge.                                                  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-05/woman-and-children-beheaded-in-honour-killing/4111016

Exactly. It's just speculation right now.

As for your link. If you had to go back five years to find that, I'd suggest that it's unusual for young children to be killed for such reasons. In fact, it seems that the mother was the main target and the kids were just there.

Regardless. If the perpetrator in the OP turns out to be psychotic, there will still be those insisting it's an honour* killing.

* Feel free to remove the 'u'.:lol:

1 hour ago, Arbenol said:

Exactly. It's just speculation right now.

As for your link. If you had to go back five years to find that, I'd suggest that it's unusual for young children to be killed for such reasons. In fact, it seems that the mother was the main target and the kids were just there.

Regardless. If the perpetrator in the OP turns out to be psychotic, there will still be those insisting it's an honour* killing.

* Feel free to remove the 'u'.:lol:

When  I was young, my father went on a business trip to Atlanta and brought back a turn-of-the century child's edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica, British edition. I was a voracious reader and devoured tale after tale and stories about strange exotic lands in an empire on which the sun never set. I would then confound my teachers in grade school when I would use British spelling for some words. They couldn't understand where a ten year old could have picked them up. Speculation is harmless fun. Sometimes you're right, sometimes your wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Speculation is harmless fun. Sometimes you're right, sometimes your wrong.

... though on occasions such as this, it is somewhat distasteful ...

No malice intended, just an honest assessment ...

~

• Like 1

Just now, third_eye said:

... though on occasions such as this, it is somewhat distasteful ...

No malice intended, just an honest assessment ...

~

Why? How is my speculation anymore distasteful than other comments on the topic? What possible motive or speculation wouldn't be distasteful?

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Why? How is my speculation anymore distasteful than other comments on the topic? What possible motive or speculation wouldn't be distasteful?

That you have to ask by that alone and by itself renders all further mention or unmentionables moot ...

kinda like the difference between Universal and Youniversal ...

~

• Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

That you have to ask by that alone and by itself renders all further mention or unmentionables moot ...

kinda like the difference between Universal and Youniversal ...

~

You need to get out more.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

You need to get out more.:rolleyes:

On the contrary ... I have seen much too much ...

~

• Like 1

Honor killing, seriously? :no: While honor killings can and do happen occasionally, this crime does not look like an honor killing. There is nothing to indicate these families are Muslim. The girls are all too young to qualify for any of the triggers for honor killing, and the killer a bit too old for the family member typically selected to do the killing. And also, the parents were unaware of the killings, and the fathers are horrified by the killings- typically the parents are aware and involved in the decision to make an honor killing or not.

This case has more of the earmarks of a family member who snapped, a more common form of familicide in the U.S.. The killers (and one of the victims) mother is in support of her son- it caused a brawl at the courthouse. The killer has been ordered to undergo a mental evaluation. An interesting thing to note is that there was another girl, a 2 year old- she was left alive and unharmed.

An article about the brawl: http://wtop.com/prince-georges-county/2017/08/courtroom-chaos-hearing-md-man-accused-nightmare-killing-3-girls/

And another one, including video of the some of the families hostility, including choking the cameraman: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Who-Confessed-to-Stabbing-3-Young-Girls-to-Get-Mental-Evaluation-441294753.html

• Like 5

16 hours ago, rashore said:

Honor killing, seriously? :no: While honor killings can and do happen occasionally, this crime does not look like an honor killing. There is nothing to indicate these families are Muslim. The girls are all too young to qualify for any of the triggers for honor killing, and the killer a bit too old for the family member typically selected to do the killing. And also, the parents were unaware of the killings, and the fathers are horrified by the killings- typically the parents are aware and involved in the decision to make an honor killing or not.

This case has more of the earmarks of a family member who snapped, a more common form of familicide in the U.S.. The killers (and one of the victims) mother is in support of her son- it caused a brawl at the courthouse. The killer has been ordered to undergo a mental evaluation. An interesting thing to note is that there was another girl, a 2 year old- she was left alive and unharmed.

An article about the brawl: http://wtop.com/prince-georges-county/2017/08/courtroom-chaos-hearing-md-man-accused-nightmare-killing-3-girls/

And another one, including video of the some of the families hostility, including choking the cameraman: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Who-Confessed-to-Stabbing-3-Young-Girls-to-Get-Mental-Evaluation-441294753.html

You mean I'm wrong? Damn. That sure shoots my aura on invincibility all to hell.:(