Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death

Sherapy

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Personally,  I don't know anyone who hated you. You were shy, defensive, starting at your own shadow, the new kid in school, unsure of herself or her new companions, trying to find her place in the scheme of things. Even  I use to freak you out. With familiarity you became comfortable and stopped hiding behind that defensive façade of yours and began to shine.

Wow, interesting. Awww thank you Hammie J., for feedback and kind words. 

When did you sign up? I have been here since 2005. 

I was really hated at one time, I really was. 

Edited by Sherapy

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

No your problem is your inability to be dishonest. I wish more people were so deeply flawed.

I've got no reason to lie. Never saw a point in it. You have to keep up with too many things in order to not contradict yourself. 

9761646d51310407f6306e784c598013e6048de0

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I was really hated at one time, I was like MW, I really was. 

New kid psychosis. You wanted to be noticed so you sat yourself down at the popular girls lunch table, uninvited, with inevitable results. Haughty and stuck-up around the popular boys didn't help either--except it did. You got yourself noticed and--finally--accepted.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've got no reason to lie. Never saw a point in it. You have to keep up with too many things in order to not contradict yourself. 

9761646d51310407f6306e784c598013e6048de0

Mr. T would be more like it.

• Like 1

I've had a couple of family members who have died and yes, grief comes but it get better with time, at least for me.
I don't fear physical death itself but I'm somewhat afraid or nervous of HOW I will die, will it hurt, when will it happen, how will it happen and so on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

New kid psychosis. You wanted to be noticed so you sat yourself down at the popular girls lunch table, uninvited, with inevitable results. Haughty and stuck-up around the popular boys didn't help either--except it did. You got yourself noticed and--finally--accepted.

Oh yeah, I made some poor choices about the tables I sat at in the early days.

You know, I remember liking you right off.

You struck me as one who was covering up a battered heart trying to do it the grizzly bear way. 

You got your momma's beautiful heart, even trying your hardest to keep it under wraps,  the darn thing just blings. :wub:

16 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I was really hated at one time, I really was. 

July 2012. I barged in here like a bull in a china shop, arguing with everyone--even the mods. Almost got myself perma-banned, too before I settled down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlienzTruth said:

I've had a couple of family members who have died and yes, grief comes but it get better with time, at least for me.
I don't fear physical death itself but I'm somewhat afraid or nervous of HOW I will die, will it hurt, when will it happen, how will it happen and so on.

Yeah, no one wants to suffer. 

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

July 2012. I barged in here like a bull in a china shop, arguing with everyone--even the mods. Almost got myself perma-banned, too before I settled down. 

Lol, I was almost banned too, a lot of posters wanted my hide. 

Eeks.

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Oh yeah, I made some poor choices about the tables I sat at in the early days.

You know, I remember liking you right off.

You struck me as one who was covering up a battered heart trying to do it the grizzly bear way. 

You got your momma's beautiful heart, even trying your hardest to keep it under wraps,  the darn thing just blings. :wub:

You've got your mother's fierceness and your grandmother's compassion, an awesome combination. If you weren't when you were younger, you're an alpha female, now. A good husband brings that out in a wife.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

Happy wife, happy life.

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Happy wife, happy life.

Yep. If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yep. If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.

Brother, you can say that again! Lol

• Like 3

I'll say goodbye to love
No one ever cared if I should live or die
Time and time again the chance for love has passed me by
And all I know of love
Is how to live without it
I just can't seem to find it

So I've made my mind up 
I must live my life alone
And though it's not the easy way
I guess I've always known
I'd say goodbye to love

There are no tomorrows for this heart of mine
Surely time will lose these bitter memories
And I'll find that there is someone to believe in
And to live for something I could live for

All the years of useless search
Have finally reached an end
Loneliness and empty days will be my only friend
From this day love is forgotten
I'll go on as best I can

What lies in the future
Is a mystery to us all
No one can predict the wheel of fortune as it falls
There may come a time when I will see that I've been wrong
But for now this is my song

And it's goodbye to love
I'll say goodbye to love

The horrible beauty and the anger of the meaninglessness of life and death in this song is expressed with power and glory by the guy who plays the hard edged metal guitar licks in it, especially at the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You've got your mother's fierceness and your grandmother's compassion, an awesome combination. If you weren't when you were younger, you're an alpha female, now. A good husband brings that out in a wife.

My grandma was fierce, I didn't really know my mom, she was so closed off. Even when we were trying to get to know each other, (before her death) she was so guarded, so shut off. 

On 20/08/2017 at 2:34 PM, Sherapy said:

Beautiful.

I like the Irish Blessing.

May the road rise up to meet you

May the wind be at your back

May the sun shine warm upon your face 

And, the rain fall softly upon your fields 

and until we meet again may god hold you in the plan of his hand. 

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=842ZWZvbAeP_0gKZi5rgCA&q=irish+blessing&oq=irish+blessing&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0i67k1j0l4.20528.26840.0.27092.29.28.1.8.8.0.220.3945.0j25j1.26.0....0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..13.16.1539.3..35i39k1j0i13k1j0i131k1j0i20k1.eIWQO2cRNKg#imgrc=I1WO_dQLE-prSM:

Ahhhhh    does make me Irish blood warm it does ! 

Many a night ... on the way home,  the road did rise up to meet me . 

Image result for Funny Drunk Guy Falling

with the wind on my back

... and felt the sun shine warm upon my face in the morning

• Like 3

On 20/08/2017 at 4:44 PM, ouija ouija said:

Have you actually expressed to your son/sons just how difficult things are for you? Perhaps you give off the vibe that you don't need or want help?

I don't have any sons , nor daughters .   I had someone like a daughter, for a while  ( because her real farther was so horrible and weird to her  - boy! did he miss out on a wonderful experience !  She was an absolute delight !,  But she died .

Since we are in the death thread ... how is this for a toughie ;   I knew her and helped her since she was a little girl. She grew up, had a baby, ended up as a single mum,  got sick  ..... terminal.  We both knew the end was getting closer, we had a deep talk a few nights before it happened  and she wanted to know what would happen to her little baby after she died .

That was a tough one !

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, back to earth said:

I don't have any sons , nor daughters .   I had someone like a daughter, for a while  ( because her real farther was so horrible and weird to her  - boy! did he miss out on a wonderful experience !  She was an absolute delight !,  But she died .

Since we are in the death thread ... how is this for a toughie ;   I knew her and helped her since she was a little girl. She grew up, had a baby, ended up as a single mum,  got sick  ..... terminal.  We both knew the end was getting closer, we had a deep talk a few nights before it happened  and she wanted to know what would happen to her little baby after she died .

That was a tough one !

Walker the Stalker        :D  

:cry::cry::cry: 

hugs BTE

18 hours ago, back to earth said:

Ahhhhh    does make me Irish blood warm it does ! 

Many a night ... on the way home,  the road did rise up to meet me . 

Image result for Funny Drunk Guy Falling

with the wind on my back

... and felt the sun shine warm upon my face in the morning

Ha ha ha ha you are so fricken funny.

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Some caregivers have been at it, too long, but can't see themselves doing anything else. They become thick skinned like nurses in hospital, inured to pain and death that they might endure it.  They stop becoming friends with their clients because losing one friend after the other takes an inevitable emotional toll. Most are usually competent and perform their tasks well--but it's only a job to them for they no longer have any empathy left to share. It's that defensive indifference that cuts their clients most, who seek a companion in them and find none.

We   ( co workers at the hospital ) used to advise others about that in  an unwritten rule  - you don't want to go weird or have a burnout - change jobs in 7 years  .... or at least the field or department you are in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, back to earth said:

That was a tough one !

BTE, it takes time to learn things about those you encounter in life. I want to tell you that there isn't anything more supremely honorable than adopting wholeheartedly a child in need of a father, in my opinion. Oh heck, forget about my opinion, it's just TRUE.

BTW, next time you're lying in the dirt, give me a call, I'll be right over to give you a lifting hand.

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

BTW, next time you're lying in the dirt, give me a call, I'll be right over to give you a lifting hand.

I'll grab the shovel.:lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Lol, I was almost banned too, a lot of posters wanted my hide. 

Eeks.

so much talk of this, makes me want to go back and check out the evil beee-utch  Sherapy    :D 

what should we do with your hide when we get it ?   Hang it on the shed  ? 

Tie me kangaroo down, sport
Tie me kangaroo down

Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred
Tan me hide when I'm dead
So we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde
And that's it hangin' on the shed!
Altogether now!

Tie me kangaroo down
Tie me kangaroo down

Image result for tie me kangaroo down Rolf

Check that out  ^   ...  looks like Rolf is up for another court case .

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Will Due said:

BTE, it takes time to learn things about those you encounter in life. I want to tell you that there isn't anything more supremely honorable than adopting wholeheartedly a child in need of a father, in my opinion. Oh heck, forget about my opinion, it's just TRUE.

Its part of my 'dharma' .... in other words ; it happened a lot.   Mostly with small boys in need of a father, from the age of , usually  6 months to 6 years ... then they get taken away , by other circumstances.    In my experience, there is not much clarity with male energy and fathers .   Many are messed up !

A classic example; a single mum, 2 kids, is confiding with me , she is so upset, she doesn't know what is going on.  She told me she was walking through town  with her 5 year old son and the boys father (estranged) is coming the other way, he is eyes ahead and goes past them like they didn't exist, the little boy looks confused, stops and looks after him and then, to his mum ; " Was that my dad  ? " 

How much does that suck ! ? 

27 minutes ago, Will Due said:

What is the point of writing stupid stuff like that ?    I don't have any way of calling you and if I did,  you would not come here .

So why make up stuff like that and write it here ?  Is it to make you feel better ?

... and now  you know why I don't mind Xeno and his honest expression !     ;) 

( Are you American Will ?   I find a lot of Americans I worked with were full of platitudes and    un - thought - out     sing song 'polite' responses.  

One day I said something to one of the American bosses, cant remember what it was, but he was shocked ... stood there with a dumb look hanging off his face  he did  ... and then he comes out with ;  "Gosh, you Aussies just come out and say what's on your mind, don't you ?"

I had to ask ; "Well, if you are not saying what is on your mind, where is what you are saying coming from ? "    He stopped ,  thought a bit  and 'That's a  good question ... I ... Ummmm  ...   hmmmm ."   and he walked off thinking about it .

- of course I know it doesn't apply to all Americans ... that's why we have Xeno   ;)   ) 

• Like 2