Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre cloud baffles Brazil town

Still Waters

Residents of a Brazilian city were puzzled by a menacing yet eerily beautifully dust cloud hanging over their homes.

João Paulo Magalhães shared a video of the apocalyptic sight from a petrol station in Teixeira de Freitas, in the south east of the country, on Thursday evening.

As the sunset cast dazzling colours across the spectacle, many others took to social media to document the phenomenon, which looked like a meteorite that had stopped in its tracks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4804700/Brazilian-city-s-fear-menacing-cloud-hanging-homes.html

• Like 5

• Like 4

Its beautiful!  

While unusual looking these people conveniently forgot to don their logic hat and take note that the cloud is being illuminated by the evening sun which often casts a variety of colors on objects like clouds.

I have often seen geese flying westward in the evening and seeing their tummies lit up with a pinkish-orange hue. Pretty neat to see but it is still a common occurrence.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, brizink said:

Ryu, I think they realize that. It just looks cool. Don't be that person, because you're being that person.

LOVE your avatar.  Might have already told you that though. :) Best monster movie ever made!

Guest brizink
On 8/21/2017 at 11:48 AM, MJNYC said:

LOVE your avatar.  Might have already told you that though. :) Best monster movie ever made!

Thanks, I'm a big Aliens fan. Took all of three seconds to decide on this particular image. Covenant was good, go rent or buy it if you haven't seen it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 9:58 PM, brizink said:

Thanks, I'm a big Aliens fan. Took all of three seconds to decide on this particular image. Covenant was good, go rent or buy it if you haven't seen it. 

Just saw this, been away and will see Covenant for sure!  I liked Prometheus too.

I'm a sci-fi junkie, more so than Horror, but I still think Alien was the best monster movie ever made.

Thank you!