Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do muslims emigrate to Christian lands

Philangeli

28 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:
7 hours ago, third_eye said:

Carrying a big bag anywhere is a no no ... if you're one with 'Muslim' features, or a Sikh, I've been told ...

~

No, the culture shock of mingling with crowds of Westerners for the first time in some of their lives. To be strangers in--what to them--is a very strange land, of strange customs and manner of dress--especially that of woman. Trying to find food untainted by the unclean had one family in acute distress as I recall.

I have waited on quite a few, who sincerely admit it's their first time in their and shopping like this over all. They seem to be very shy and very hopeful about it. I usually tell them that it's alright, and I'll help them acclimate within the shopping experience. In which, they are grateful for it. They usually seem very eager to learn and take part. 

Yes, they tend to continue to wear their usual clothes, (well half of them do, the other half wear what the rest wears.) and a lot of the times, especially the women's clothing, I find them so very beautiful. :yes:   I have even told them so, and they thank me for it. With varying locals wearing really 'interesting' wardrobes, I don't bat an eye to their's. Even those who wear full on burqas. 

22 minutes ago, third_eye said:
33 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No, the culture shock of mingling with crowds of Westerners for the first time in some of their lives. To be strangers in--what to them--is a very strange land, of strange customs and manner of dress--especially that of woman. Trying to find food untainted by the unclean had one family in acute distress as I recall.

Yes, it is not something one would share with 'Westerners'

Just walking out in public is such a stress when one has to behave in manner that others would not misconstrue or construct as 'suspicious' behavior just because one has the look that is commonly stereotyped or profiled as Middle Eastern descent or Muslim ...

I think, there will always be times when there is stress in one wears, looks, and such in public. Unfortunately, I have seen that all over, and not just with Muslims. Something happens tragically, and those who fit a certain characteristic is a target for hostility. I really don't see this happening where I work now, fortunately. :) Though, when 9/11 happened, I was working in a bookstore in a mall, where there was a particular nice Arabian gentleman, who had a perfume kiosk right outside the store. One morning, a couple of days after the tragic event, I had just came into work, and was talking to my boss, when we both started hearing women screaming, "Why don't you go back home!" and something close to extreme hostile words to someone. Knowing the kiosk guy was out there at his stand, my boss and I immediately ran out to the mall area to go protect him. There were two women, who looked like they were giving the poor guy hostile hand signals to him as they walked away. He looked like he was on his cell phone, maybe to avoid getting into a situation with the women, or to report them, I don't know. He was still on the phone, by the time my boss and I took stock of the situation and we went back into our store to work.

But that poor guy wasn't the only one there, getting this attention.  So, I can see what you mean, third eye. I just don't think it's happening that much, or that my area doesn't really do that as much. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

But that poor guy wasn't the only one there, getting this attention.  So, I can see what you mean, third eye. I just don't think it's happening that much, or that my area doesn't really do that as much. 

When such things happens even in the most moderate of pleasant social climes ... just imagine the levels which where the area are conspicuously and openly hostile.

I have met many that just packed up and left for some other place,some on their holiday here in Malaysia, some making Malaysia as their 'second home' leaving half a lifetime of pleasant life experiences of Life in the US, of how it used to be, they went to University there, met the love of their life there, worked and had successful careers or ran a modestly profitable business there, some even had their first few of their children there.

They were facing slurs and outright humiliating words thrown at them on an hourly basis, then they were spat at, threatened with physical harm, then they were told to 'go back' were they belong when just months prior they were celebrated as 'this is where you truly belong'

Its sad. Now they are picking up the pieces of their lives, slowly but surely, but its never going to be the same.

Just recently in Canada ...

~

Passengers tell Canadian woman 'get the **** off the train' after she ...

www.independent.co.uk › News › World › Americas
Aug 26, 2017 - A Canadian woman who launched a tirade of racist abuse at a Filipino couple on a train was told to "get the **** off" after passengers came to ... Robert De Niro launches withering attack on 'racist' Donald Trump · Mitt Romney ...
~

Vancouver SkyTrain Passenger Goes On Racist Rant, Gets Called Out ...

www.huffingtonpost.ca/.../vancouver-skytrain-passenger-goes-on-racist-rant-gets-call...
Aug 24, 2017 - More from HuffPost Canada: Teacher, Asks For Directions In Manitoba, Gets Racist Attack ... The teenage boy who defended the pair in the video repeatedly told the woman to get off the train and leave the couple alone.
~

Vancouver woman verbally attacks elderly Filipino couple | Daily Mail ...

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/.../Racist-woman-verbally-attacks-elderly-Filipino-couple.ht...

Aug 29, 2017 - This is the repulsive moment a racist woman verbally attacks an elderly ... a racist woman hurls insults at a Filipino couple on a train in Canada.

~

Transit police investigating after video catches ugly racial tirade on ...

globalnews.ca/news/3692313/racist-tirade-skytrain/

Aug 23, 2017 - WATCH: Calgary woman victim of racist attack in Manitoba ... He said the woman cursed at the couple before leaving the train and that she ... job losses among feared side effects of technological change in Canada: Ipsos poll.

~

Now it seems things has spread to include many 'others'

~

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

When such things happens even in the most moderate of pleasant social climes ... just imagine the levels which where the area are conspicuously and openly hostile.

I have met many that just packed up and left for some other place,some on their holiday here in Malaysia, some making Malaysia as their 'second home' leaving half a lifetime of pleasant life experiences of Life in the US, of how it used to be, they went to University there, met the love of their life there, worked and had successful careers or ran a modestly profitable business there, some even had their first few of their children there.

They were facing slurs and outright humiliating words thrown at them on an hourly basis, then they were spat at, threatened with physical harm, then they were told to 'go back' were they belong when just months prior they were celebrated as 'this is where you truly belong'

Its sad. Now they are picking up the pieces of their lives, slowly but surely, but its never going to be the same.

Just recently in Canada ...

Now it seems things has spread to include many 'others'

~

No, I doubt you, or just doubt overall, that it's still not happening. And yes, in some areas more than others. I do notice this. Especially with what's been happening all over the world lately, I look around and wonder around my area, if it has or will happen. So far, not yet. Other situations, yes, like school shootings, (the Sandy Hook tragedy happens to be in my state) and other situations. 

Though, when we moved into our neighborhood, close to 14 years ago, there was a Muslim family there. I have heard from other neighbors that they never bothered anyone and were very good neighbors. It was very soon, after we moved in, that they left. From what I understand, they were getting a lot of negativity from what had been happening at the time. I keep in mind, that this was a few years after 9/11. If that family stayed there, I have a feeling, they wouldn't have gotten the flak they did then. 

Though, as I have pointed out, it's not just straight up negativity against Muslims. Some years later, just a couple of houses away from their house, there was a house that displayed the Confederate flag. I never thought twice about it, but I also heard from neighbors how that house and it's family got flak for that. I do believe, they also left the neighborhood, and I don't know if it was because of that or they just moved away for other usual reasons. 

Since, both these situations were years ago, about over ten years ago, I don't think about it now, because the neighborhood has been pretty quiet since. Well, that's not true, apparently a new neighborhood, sidewalks, a field, where a house was, (which got razed a couple of years ago.) are being worked on. The roads being repaved, and such. You know, I forgot what quiet was. :o 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

No, I doubt you, or just doubt overall, that it's still not happening. And yes, in some areas more than others. I do notice this. Especially with what's been happening all over the world lately, I look around and wonder around my area, if it has or will happen. So far, not yet.

Well I am not one to contradict you on your neighborhood, the thing is their world or rather the world that they were used to in the US has become very very small. They just stick to their usual routes and safe areas and hardly ever venture out from the usual norm of their daily routine. I have met a woman in her late twenties who claimed that even though she lived in the US for over half her life, she has only seen the area where she lived and help out at her parent's grocery shop just a few blocks away from home. School is just a few streets away. As soon as she graduated High School she packed up and left for Taiwan, to her sister's place. Her parent's went for Singapore soon after. They weren't Muslims but Asian, and they just couldn't bear to see the kind of things their Muslim friends were going through and by the time they left, most of their Muslim friends were already gone away somewhere else.

~

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Well I am not one to contradict you on your neighborhood, the thing is their world or rather the world that they were used to in the US has become very very small. They just stick to their usual routes and safe areas and hardly ever venture out from the usual norm of their daily routine. I have met a woman in her late twenties who claimed that even though she lived in the US for over half her life, she has only seen the area where she lived and help out at her parent's grocery shop just a few blocks away from home. School is just a few streets away. As soon as she graduated High School she packed up and left for Taiwan, to her sister's place. Her parent's went for Singapore soon after. They weren't Muslims but Asian, and they just couldn't bear to see the kind of things their Muslim friends were going through and by the time they left, most of their Muslim friends were already gone away somewhere else.

~

If I could speak from experience as an American, who grew up in the same house in the same town all her childhood, but got married to someone who went into the military and then moved a bit here and there, I actually feel that does happen. But, I think it also boils down to circumstances. Mine, like other military families, of course is one of them. You do get moved quite often. I feel, that other jobs use to be stable and kept employees in the same place for some time, but from observation, as time goes by, a lot of companies end up sending their employees to other places because that is where they are needed. So the family packed up with the employee and moved. 

Colleges tend to take the student out of their home state a lot, when students have decided to attend colleges in another state they are from. It ends up, most of them settle in their new home in the area they attended college. Despite growing up in the same place, I have found that I have learned a lot, living and working in other areas, and amazed of those who stay in one place from birth to death. Years ago, when transportation was minimal and took longer, that made sense. But now, places to go would take less time and travel. Yeah, there tends to be pockets in every part of the states, that people stay where they are, but I don't see this with everyone and everywhere. Mostly so, when companies society deals with are spread out in various states. Heck, the bank we deal with, (it's a military one) is 2000 miles away. I get on the phone to talk with anyone about my health insurance, and it's usually someone on the other coast from mine. You can't discuss the weather and feel it's the same one happening with them too. :w00t: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

If I could speak from experience as an American, who grew up in the same house in the same town all her childhood, but got married to someone who went into the military and then moved a bit here and there, I actually feel that does happen. But, I think it also boils down to circumstances. Mine, like other military families, of course is one of them. You do get moved quite often. I feel, that other jobs use to be stable and kept employees in the same place for some time, but from observation, as time goes by, a lot of companies end up sending their employees to other places because that is where they are needed. So the family packed up with the employee and moved. 

Well being a Military Wife ... you are bound to feel more secure and safer than most, unless of course you are in Afghanistan or the Philippines or maybe even Japan or Korea nowadays. IF that were the case then most probably the most you get to see of the country is from behind the walls of the military camp.

~

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Well being a Military Wife ... you are bound to feel more secure and safer than most, unless of course you are in Afghanistan or the Philippines or maybe even Japan or Korea nowadays. IF that were the case then most probably the most you get to see of the country is from behind the walls of the military camp.

~

Well, that depends on the base. And the town, the base is in. The first base we were on, we couldn't get housing, because it was full, and the waiting list would take longer to get the house to the amount of time we were going to be actually there. So, we had an apartment just off base, near one of the side gates. The town the base was situated in, (where another base was as well, at the end of a particular road) had a problem with the base and the personal within them. Dependents don't always get the chance to get jobs on base, so it's off base to get them. I ended up working for a major store in the area. There have been times the local boys and men would beat up military personal, (they felt they were taking their women, or that is from what I was told at the time.) There was one night, coming out after closing, with my other co-workers, there was a big group of people on the other side of the parking lot, and there were the local police and such. Apparently a mob of locals decided to beat on to military guys from the other base. 

It had gotten so bad, that the base commander was threatening to grab all military personal and their families from their homes off base, put them in temporary housing and lock up the base so the town wouldn't get in or have the revenue of the families and base employees. That got the town to shape up. I knew it wasn't going to last long, and in the end, we moved because we had to move somewhere else, to another base. 

Couldn't get housing in the second base, because of a two year waiting list, so we had an apartment off base as well there. The town there was a little more appreciative of the base, (they even fought hard to keep the base from closing) and I felt a bit more safe, but there times I was worried. 

Did have housing in the third place, but that was across the base, and even then it depended if it was guarded all of the time. And it wasn't a lot. When 9/11 hit, I found out that the local police were suppose to parole the housing, and they weren't doing that. It took 9/11 to bring back the SP's and close the housing gate indefinitely. 

I have talked to neighbors on these bases and their experience being at bases in other countries, and they have had some good things to say, and how the locals were nice and helpful and that they felt safe. 

Like I said, and I think you have said too, it depends on the place and situation. *shrugs* 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Like I said, and I think you have said too, it depends on the place and situation. *shrugs* 

Yup ... what that depends on is usually something that can't be helped or changed, sadly, also being the case ...

~

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 9:32 PM, Philangeli said:

Is it just to make a living?

If so, why doesn't Islam/Allah provide its followers to make a living in their own countries?

On 8/19/2017 at 11:44 PM, Farmer77 said:

Do you guys have other pockets where cultures havent fully integrated? Like Chinatowns? (forgive my ignorance) 

I agree thats unacceptable and needs to be mitigated. 

I think the question should be Why do Christians destroy  muslim lands,large percentage of arab muslims have had their homes destroyed or wiped off the map from the unjustifay wars, since 100 years and the west lunching wars against the arabic east to controll its recources and impose thier agents to keep thier intrests and to rule the region in thier names.

All the crises today we have in the middle east is becz of the unhuman british policy (Sykes-Picot Agreement and Bilfor promise)

Donald Trump sayed after his last visit to Saudia......we will have jobs jobs jobs see the tv news, he went back with billions of dollars profits of his trip to the rich arabic countries,the west selling to the region wepons,buy cheap oil,creating or supporting land crises,supporting dectatorship,building its civilization on the arabic muslim blood,thats whay some poor muslims love to emigrant to the west,i dont prefer to use the word christian or muslim becz i dont think true christians are rulling the west but the   international masonic government and all the leaders of the arabic east are not more than dectator agents imposed by the west and have nothing to do with islam,beside that if you visit the middle east  you will see alot of westerns living earning alot of money in Saudia or Qatar or Kuwait or Dubai or Jordan not mentioned the hundrets of military bases of america and England undirectly accupaying thies lands

1 hour ago, white prince said:

I think the question should be Why do Christians destroy  muslim lands,large percentage of arab muslims have had their homes destroyed or wiped off the map from the unjustifay wars, since 100 years and the west lunching wars against the arabic east to controll its recources and impose thier agents to keep thier intrests and to rule the region in thier names.

All the crises today we have in the middle east is becz of the unhuman british policy (Sykes-Picot Agreement and Bilfor promise)

Donald Trump sayed after his last visit to Saudia......we will have jobs jobs jobs see the tv news, he went back with billions of dollars profits of his trip to the rich arabic countries,the west selling to the region wepons,buy cheap oil,creating or supporting land crises,supporting dectatorship,building its civilization on the arabic muslim blood,thats whay some poor muslims love to emigrant to the west,i dont prefer to use the word christian or muslim becz i dont think true christians are rulling the west but the   international masonic government and all the leaders of the arabic east are not more than dectator agents imposed by the west and have nothing to do with islam,beside that if you visit the middle east  you will see alot of westerns living earning alot of money in Saudia or Qatar or Kuwait or Dubai or Jordan not mentioned the hundrets of military bases of america and England undirectly accupaying thies lands

Many of the countries in the Middle East have been fighting for thousands of years long before the America were populated by European  settlers who were leaving their countries for a variety of reasons from persecution to profit.

NATO is a world organization that strives to keep people safe from persecution and ethnic cleansing. Yes there may be times when things seem unfair but the consequences of the rest of the world doing nothing would be far worse. And yes people travel all over the world to make use of their skills, if you learn a trade and there is no work in your country you do what you do to provide for your family nothing political it's how people do what they have to.

jmccr8 

They say the US West was tamed, not by men, but only when woman showed up. I feel this is somewhat true of the Muslim immigrants also. Single men, who are usually young, who show in groups, are going to be trouble regardless of religion and culture. It is when families come, and mingle with the community that already exists, without hatred, or anger, that things usually have zero problems.

The problem Europe had previous had was that hundreds of thousands of young unattended men flooded up from Africa and the Middle East and were (basically) out of control. If they had traveled there with wives and children, or mothers and fathers, they likely wouldn't have been so out of control, and the problems seen would have been exponentially less.