Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should Confederate Statues be taken down

Sakari

Should Confederate Statues be taken down  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Confederate Statues be taken down

• yes
    • no

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

The NAACP is big time going after the NFL if what I've seen is true.

Huh?

Most of the players are black, what good is a shake-down of the NFL going to do for the NAACP?

You know, just forget it. Anything that hurts ESPN is fine by me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnchorSteam said:

Huh?

Most of the players are black, what good is a shake-down of the NFL going to do for the NAACP?

go back a reply, I explained it. A fellow black player is not being picked up by anyone. Deservingly so.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Huh?

P>S>>>>>  I moved to Arizona ( not by choice ) from Langlois. Missing the Salmon in the Elk River soooooo bad....Going in November to visit my parents. They are off Cape Blanco Road.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sakari said:

P>S>>>>>  I moved to Arizona ( not by choice ) from Langlois. Missing the Salmon in the Elk River soooooo bad....Going in November to visit my parents. They are off Cape Blanco Road.

Ah, down on the coast. I'd live there, if there was any work to be found. 

Maybe there will be, after a few more years of Trump. I like Jackson Country, but there has got to be a better way ... 100 degrees in the summer and 6 months of rain in the winter is getting old.

Just now, AnchorSteam said:

Ah, down on the coast. I'd live there, if there was any work to be found. 

Maybe there will be, after a few more years of Trump. I like Jackson Country, but there has got to be a better way ... 100 degrees in the summer and 6 months of rain in the winter is getting old.

" If there was work there ".......Hence my " not by choice ".

Sure miss it. Hoping the natural gas thing will make it. If the tree huggers get their way, it never will. It was going to be in Coos Bay, a ton of good paying jobs.

Anyway, off topic. Saw where you were from is all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetpumper said:

Police charge 3 more for toppling Confederate statue in North Carolina

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/durham-north-carolina-confederate-statue-toppling-more-charges/

Book 'em, Dano.

The geniuses committed the crime right in front of law enforcement officers. They're worse than the brain surgeons who post their crimes on Facebook. Did any of them really think that they and their friends would get a free pass for vandalism? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'd say it was a good mix of entitlement, mob influence, and complicit enablers in city government.  

Edited by Kenan
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 2:16 PM, Sweetpumper said:

Police charge 3 more for toppling Confederate statue in North Carolina

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/durham-north-carolina-confederate-statue-toppling-more-charges/

Book 'em, Dano.

Good. Maybe they will not be so quick to do the dirty work for the crazed mob next time.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

The mob action we're seeing here lately should not be allowed. That said, I still think it would be a good idea to simply re-locate the statues (preserving history) and put all this behind us. However, I'm not convinced that such action will be enough for certain groups. IMO this is all part of a larger political agenda.

• Like 5

70% say no, I hope that is the end of it.

And in case it isn't -

2 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

70% say no, I hope that is the end of it.

And in case it isn't -

It's hard to say. They'll move on to the next fad or next trend if they're done with the memorials to White "villains". They might turn their attention to KFC. Colonel Sanders might become the new Simon Legree.

6 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It's hard to say. They'll move on to the next fad or next trend if they're done with the memorials to White "villains". They might turn their attention to KFC. Colonel Sanders might become the new Simon Legree.

The organisation representing the UK's meat industry says it is concerned it is 'only a matter of time' before someone is hurt because of violent protests by animal rights groups.

The British Meat Processors Association has told Sky News there have been a number of instances of unlawful behaviour during co-ordinated protests which have included abusive and intimidating behaviour towards employees, contractors and hauliers as well as trespassing on private property.

cont...

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/world/europe/2017/04/01/safety-fears-as-vegan-protester-turn-violent.html

" You will be assimilated. We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Michelle said:

The organisation representing the UK's meat industry says it is concerned it is 'only a matter of time' before someone is hurt because of violent protests by animal rights groups.

The British Meat Processors Association has told Sky News there have been a number of instances of unlawful behaviour during co-ordinated protests which have included abusive and intimidating behaviour towards employees, contractors and hauliers as well as trespassing on private property.

cont...

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/world/europe/2017/04/01/safety-fears-as-vegan-protester-turn-violent.html

" You will be assimilated. We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

Ingrid Newkirk, an English woman who was a leader in PETA, compared kids to rats as if their lives had the same value and worth. I was talking about something else, though. Colonel Sanders could be seen as a symbol of the Old South by commie fruitcakes who may go so far as to even compare him to Simon Legree, the villain in "Uncle Tom's Cabin". Luckily, KFC has yet to be targeted by the psychotic SJWs.

• Like 1