Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Reality of God

Will Due

Sounds like the Thranx.

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Don't mind me. I'm here for the belly rubs.

belly-rub-745x447.png

You should learn to grant wishes when your belly is rubbed. I think my cat can, but she bites the hell out of you so the wish has to really be worth it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I agree But it is not lack of empathy, but an overabundance of empathy. When you care for and love others, you want the best for them  This often means telling them when their behaviours might cause harm, for example, and even legally restricting some behaviors.

if i did not deeply care, or give a damn, i would be happy for any human to live as the y wished, be as miserable as the y wanted to ,etc., as long as they did not affect me.

But an over empathetic nature means that  love requires action. 

I dont have the right to control another's behaviour, unless they are doing something especially dangerous, or criminal. But i do have, not just a right, but a duty to point out to an adult,  dangerous behaviors and possible consequences As a teacher in australia, I also had a legal responsibility to act when ever i saw a child in danger, or about to be harmed. Ie if i did not act to protect a child, even a total stranger's child, I could be held legally accountable for not intervening    

The reason I post as i do, is BECAUSE i care for others, and wish they could be as happy fulfilled  empowered  etc as I am.

I wish the y could live without fear, anger, hate, jealously.   I wish they could live healthy, purposeful, productive lives.

I wish the y could achieve more of the natural human potential which exists within them 

I wish the y would build on the multitude of physical and mental skills and talents, which lie just waiting to be unlocked, in every human being. 

It also goes beyond empathy for individuals, to social responsibility

An individual has a duty/responsibility in their behaviour, to the society which supports and provides for them.   And so, i also point out that some individual behaviors threaten social well being,  stability, and the more vulnerable members of a society .

Again, if i didnt care, why would i bother? 

Why talk about myself so much? 

First, because i know and understand myself, but second i know that my life is ONE path to success, happiness, well being,  purpose, etc  There are other paths, but i am not qualified to speak on them. ALL i can say s that if you live like me you will be freed from pain,  fear, anger, hate,  and all negative emotions, filled with joy peace love, and empowered to be more and achieve more in your life  

I can actually understand how narcissism ( believing you are amazing) could be positive it could help stave off depression and lend to feeling great about yourself, in a pinch as long as you aren't challenged in any way or talk to other people at all, ever. 

The problem of narcisssism is it sucks as far as prosocial behaviors go, such as fostering quality relationships, regardless of diversity, it is horrible at managing anger and it has no ability to resolve conflict, it also creates this sense of entitlement ( for ex: insisting you have the right to derail threads, having the right to talk about yourself incessantly, having the right to impose your viewpoints onto others).

While you post a lot how much you do for others and how empathetic you are ( and you might in your life ) I don't see this in the threads, when you have the chance to empathize, impact lives, share, be the difference you do so in a way that is not effective, one poster said they hate you, another said they are done with forums because of you, another said they can no longer encourage and support you ( this is just reading the feedback in the last few days from various posters based on your "help" in this thread). 

When we think we are already so amazing we don't have a growth mindset, this applies to me too there are always areas I can refine.  Hammer made a good point, the wisdoms we might have could have a chance of coming through when we are rooted in humbleness. Don't you think this is a good way to move forward, to garner the respect you want? Can you see the value in humility? 

Suggestion: why not brainstorm some solutions for the conflict you have helped create on UM. 

I am open to ideas.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 6

I wish the y could live without fear, anger, hate, jealously.  

I wish the y could achieve more of the natural human potential which exists within them 

I wish the y would build on the multitude of physical and mental skills and talents, which lie just waiting to be unlocked, in every human being. 

I keep trying to figure out who the mysterious y are. I'm sure that somehow, I must be in this group, 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Guyver said:

werd.

Is that like "Word!" with a California accent? ;)  :wacko: 

14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Why? You screw up who cares. Most of us can read between the lines. I have at least 2 good brain cells. They figure things out.^_^

Thanks.  Damn typos.  Anyway, I'm a smidge sauced up on pain management right now.  So, anyway.  Let the good times roll.  

Sometimes, the ramifications of involuntarily auto-correct can be such a beautiful thing. ;)  :sk 

13 hours ago, Sherapy said:
14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Wouldn't bet on that. 

I wouldn't either with you. Lol 

or me for that matter. 

But some experiences can be so novel they can seem like miracles.

But Sasquatch, Loch Ness monster, god ain't gonna fly on hearsay.

:hmm:  What if there is a Loch Ness monster, and a Sasquatch, but some are just getting the defining meaning differently? Yes, I'm getting a little weird on my point here. And yes, a bit of the humor is added into this. ;)  But, a Sasquatch to some, is ex-boyfriends to others. (yeah, I'm gonna play that bit, some of them really should have shaved more here and there) And what if the beginnings of Loch Ness meanings, really was three or four tires tied together and a huge tree branch that happened to trail along the tires for a ride. Then the chances of seeing this are possible now, because of the change in defining them. :D 

And, I guess, it's all in the experience. Which, would make me definite and sure of the subjectiveness and not the objectiveness. I guess, my point is, an objective fact should be defined first, and if experiences don't match that, then it stays subjective. 

*shrugs* 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Just for a moment imagine. Imagine that all those beliefs you held so sacred, so important were just a joke. A joke you played on yourself. A comfortable lie that bite you deep, that scarred your soul, leaving a gaping void within. Or. At least that's what it felt life. But. This void was always there. Hidden by layers of meaning, it was covered in it. like a wall with a million layers of paint. Then life come and tore the wall down. Exposing your own truth, that nothing mattered. That nothing really had meaning or was purposeful. More of a distraction. This knowledge along with other things leads you into the pits of despair, wracked with depression at the sheer hopelessness of life, then one day you laugh. Not knowing quite why. But it's there, you see things and inside you laugh. Knowing that life in all it's horror and beauty is an absurd joke. Then you feel good. This new idea that is unshackled by past assumptions is freeing. Life has not big meaning, no grand purpose. And it's good. You see the things you've read in a new light. Life is a joke so don't take it too seriously, no one get's out alive. You only have power over a finite amount of things so only concern yourself with those things. 

Even in this new mode of living, the embracing of the absurd. You are told how miserable you are, how depressed you are, and empty a person you are. This is so far from reality that you just smirk. Life is new to you again. You handle things better, you quit fighting your demons and they go away. In the acknowledgment that life is what you will make it, that you can't fix all the problems in life, but you can be there when they happen. Without mask, without illusions, you can attempt to live authentically. Guided by a morality of your choosing. 

You know, after half way through reading this, my earworm suddenly started playing John Lennon's 'Imagine'. (I'm sure PTX's version will soon follow) 

I think, this is important, because I have had those moments, and I think it's good to have them to ground me. I think we all need grounding every so often. 

8 hours ago, back to earth said:

And there are people who are amazing.  I mean, I just read this book by Robert Monroe called "Journeys Out of the Body."  It was written long ago, but his commitment to his scientific experiences with what we know call astral travel or projection were inspirational to me.  Now, having said that......I would have enjoyed the piece much more had he actually been less scientific in his analysis.  The caveman in me wants to hear about sex in the astral plane.  

with a 3 breasted amazon space woman   ,  don you want to know about that .

I just recently read, that the Counselor Troi character (from ST:TNG) was suppose to be four breasted. And that was talked out of because not just the exploitation or something close to that, reason of it, but looking at the practicality of it. I think that would make sense, and we dodged a bullet on that one. :huh: 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Not a question of being dishonest, but more discerning in how forthcoming we are. I doubt even you would want every thought that passes through your head to be broadcast, unfiltered, to everyone, which would be the ultimate in honesty. Honesty is a valuable yet sometimes dangerous commodity and must be parceled out judiciously, diplomatically. Too much of it can have the opposite effect intended. To not speak of something is not to lie and to keep one's own council is the better part of wisdom.

Sometimes, TMI, can be such a burden to others. Trust me, I know. I tend to get that every now and then in my job. Ooooooh, the stories I could tell. :o  :devil: 

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:
2 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Can I rub it?!?!? 

:o What the hell?! 

Did I just ask that?!?! :o  :o  :cry:  

................. meep! Sorry Xeno.

pj9fu.gif

Aah..yeah.:lol:

Awwwww, shucks dang it all, Xeno!!! Thanks!!! :tu:  Such an itty bitty cutie!!!!

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

You know, that really is how I picture you. 

Me too!!!! :o  

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Oh yeah, we're way past page 8 now. 

I love it! This is like a UM viral phrase now!!!! :D  :lol: 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:
2 hours ago, nephili said:

That might be one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

Don't mind me. I'm here for the belly rubs.

belly-rub-745x447.png

I guess, I'm the lady in the blue white polka dotted top. 

There you go Xeno, there you go!!!! *strains to hear the purring! (I know! That's a dog!) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

There you go Xeno, there you go!!!! *strains to hear the purring! (I know! That's a dog!) 

I'd show me doing that to my cat--but I'm all out of Band-Aids. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5

Little point in talking to others, if one wishes to hear only echoes. One can manage that, all by oneself. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:
8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I suspect the criticism is actually because they don't comprehend the argument being made, OR they don't want to take the trouble to work through and  understand them, so the y simply deflect from responding with reasoned argument, by complaining that the y can't understand my post.

It is true that i could write in shorter simpler sentences but complex ideas require thought and often require sophisticated /complex explanations

Many here wonder if you comprehend the context of the threads given your responses, especially when they meander like and old river. If you look at how the same people manage to inter-act productively that would seem to suggest that they do understand each other.

What a wonderful suggestion!!! :tu:  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

And this is part of why cats rule and dogs drool

We still love them, but they drool. 

Dogs have masters and cats have servants. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:
12 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

:lol:  I would explain it's all in how you handle a cat, being a cat lover and cat owner. But then again, there have been numerous times I would have to explain to my doctor about all those scratches. So, I can relate! ;)  :D   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

And this is part of why cats rule and dogs drool

We still love them, but they drool. 

Dogs have masters and cats have servants. 

So true........................ :yes:  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

:lol:  I would explain it's all in how you handle a cat, being a cat lover and cat owner. But then again, there have been numerous times I would have to explain to my doctor about all those scratches. So, I can relate! ;)  :D   

Some cats like a belly rub. Others, you just can't get near it. 

You just have to figure out the requirements of his or her highness, and then don't step out of line. 

Know your place, human.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

• The topic was locked

There is a disturbing trend not just in this thread for a group of people to gang up on individual members. I would like to remind members that this is not a fight club nor is it middle school. There is an ignore feature available to all of you if you find yourself unable to participate in a civil and courteous discussion.  There is also a report button.

You have all been members long enough but  I will remind you anyway of the following forum rules and in particular

• 3k. Forum warfare: Do not initiate or participate in "wars" with other members. Collective or individual attempts to attack, accuse, discredit or force a certain viewpoint on other members are disallowed. A "war" can constitute a prolonged series of disruptive confrontations between specific members or groups of members with similar beliefs or views, usually with either side accusing the other of being the aggressor and attacking, criticising and baiting each other on a regular basis. Action will be taken against members who instigate or participate in this type of activity.

Please consider this a final warning.

• Like 4

• The topic was unlocked
16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I've created visual and auditory hallucinations based on my own deep expectations to see spirits. I have felt things which were only subconsciously induced psychosomatic experiences. It is a head trip and there are no guides. I've let spiritual paranoia almost drive me insane. So it's nothing special. 

It is special.  It's special because it's unique.  I've never heard anyone talk like this, and it sounds like an interesting story.  

15 hours ago, XenoFish said:

. Exposing your own truth, that nothing mattered.  

Everything matters.  For every action; there is an equal and opposite reaction.  If I am cruel, I make the world a miserable place; if I am kind, I make the world a gentler place.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Is that like "Word!" like with a California accent? 

Not a california accent.  Just colloquial.  I was expressing agreement with Will's point....the one I quoted.  

41 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Everything matters.  For every action; there is an equal and opposite reaction.  If I am cruel, I make the world a miserable place; if I am kind, I make the world a gentler place.  

Things only matter because you make them matter. 

45 minutes ago, Guyver said:

It is special.  It's special because it's unique.  I've never heard anyone talk like this, and it sounds like an interesting story.  

No it isn't unique or special. Its borderline delusional.

As my last post was fully ignored by some people, this thread is closed until further notice.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked