Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret Service Out of Money Due to Trump

Farmer77

I didn't say it was a lie. Why do you think I did?

I thought I was clear - it's incompetence.

Let's not pretend that the protection of someone living in Manhattan, and the protection of their known family members (who constantly travel all over the globe on business) is some sort of unknowable quantity.

And, speaking of lying, do you think the OMB is lying here?

Harte

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harte said:

I didn't say it was a lie. Why do you think I did?

I thought I was clear - it's incompetence.

Let's not pretend that the protection of someone living in Manhattan, and the protection of their known family members (who constantly travel all over the globe on business) is some sort of unknowable quantity.

And, speaking of lying, do you think the OMB is lying here?

Harte

They get what they are given from the appropriations committee.  Maybe they planned for a candidate that said he would have no time to golf and spend all of his time in the White House.  They got a candidate who spent his first six weekends at the administration dubbed "Winter White House", and a candidate who is going on campaign rallies across the country 10 months after the election.  You can't plan for that sort of overtime.  It is literally "unpresidented".

• Like 2

You don't remember Obama's many "campaign rallies" after he was elected?

The SS has to reconfigure some funds, because they made a mistake.

Since no one will step up and say "I screwed up," the claim of "unexpected" is made.

If they actually had to budget, like real-world operations have to do, this would certainly not happen.

Harte

4 minutes ago, Harte said:

You don't remember Obama's many "campaign rallies" after he was elected?

The SS has to reconfigure some funds, because they made a mistake.

Since no one will step up and say "I screwed up," the claim of "unexpected" is made.

If they actually had to budget, like real-world operations have to do, this would certainly not happen.

Harte

Back up your statements please.  Show me links to Obamas many campaign rallies.  This man said he wouldn't have time to leave the White House.  Don't just make statements, show proof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidential_trips_made_by_Barack_Obama_during_2010

This is only one year.

Granted, a couple were legit.

The others were to promote his agenda.

How does that differ from what Trump is doing?

Harte

• Like 2

The U.S. Secret Service is having money problems — but that’s not President Trump’s fault, the agency’s director said Monday in response to a report that the First Family was straining protective resources.

Secret Service Director Randolph “Tex” Alles said funding for roughly 1,100 agents working overtime in 2017 is not an issue “that can be attributed to the current Administration’s protection requirements alone, but rather has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo.”

http://www.projectrepublictoday.com/2017/08/21/secret-service-not-trumps-fault-running-money-facemany-problems/

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The U.S. Secret Service is having money problems — but that’s not President Trump’s fault, the agency’s director said Monday in response to a report that the First Family was straining protective resources.

Secret Service Director Randolph “Tex” Alles said funding for roughly 1,100 agents working overtime in 2017 is not an issue “that can be attributed to the current Administration’s protection requirements alone, but rather has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo.”

http://www.projectrepublictoday.com/2017/08/21/secret-service-not-trumps-fault-running-money-facemany-problems/

From your link, it mentions the issues in 2016, which in the full quotes not provided in the link were said to be from providing extra security to the party nominees, but quoted nothing from the director as being a decade long issue.  What quotes, from the director of the Secret Service, prove this to be a decade long issue, as your headline states?  I read your entire link, and just don't see that.  It seems that projectpublictoday.com...whoever that is, are claiming that it is a decade long issue, with nothing to back it up.

42 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

From your link, it mentions the issues in 2016, which in the full quotes not provided in the link were said to be from providing extra security to the party nominees, but quoted nothing from the director as being a decade long issue.  What quotes, from the director of the Secret Service, prove this to be a decade long issue, as your headline states?  I read your entire link, and just don't see that.  It seems that projectpublictoday.com...whoever that is, are claiming that it is a decade long issue, with nothing to back it up.

Later Monday morning, Alles told CNN in a statement that the problem isn't just related to the Trump administration and has been going on for many years.

"This issue is not one that can be attributed to the current administration's protection requirements but, rather, has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo," he said in the statement.

source CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politics/secret-service-donald-trump-family/index.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Straight from the horse's mouth.

STATEMENT BY U.S. SECRET SERVICE DIRECTOR RANDOLPH “TEX” ALLES

This issue is not one that can be attributed to the current Administration’s protection requirements alone, but rather has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo.” 

https://www.secretservice.gov/data/press/releases/2017/17-AUG/GPA_29-17_Max_Out_Director_Statement.pdf

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 3

On 8/21/2017 at 1:46 PM, Dark_Grey said:

What kind of salary can one expect as a SS agent? Must be a tidy sum...I imagine full benefits, retirement package...

With overtime it looks like around 170,000, yes plus benefits.  On the downside you are expected to take the bullet should the need arise.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 3:47 PM, Farmer77 said:

Can you provide some links to that?

He already did.  From the posted link: “This issue is not one that can be attributed to the current Administration’s protection requirements, but rather has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo,” Alles said in a statement on Monday. 

It's only news because, Trump...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, and then said:

He already did.  From the posted link: “This issue is not one that can be attributed to the current Administration’s protection requirements, but rather has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo,” Alles said in a statement on Monday. 

It's only news because, Trump...

and

another feeble attack on Trump bites the dust - 

take it away Freddie..... 

B)

• Like 5