Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret Service Out of Money Due to Trump

Farmer77

Exclusive: Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family

WASHINGTON — The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year. 

The agency has faced a crushing workload since the height of the contentious election season, and it has not relented in the first seven months of the administration. Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas.

The six Trump properties President Trump has visited almost every weekend in six months 

Trump, as a private citizen, slammed President Obama for playing golf – and insisted on the campaign trail that he “would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done.” However, of the 26 weekends he's been in office – including his inaugural weekend – he's only spent five weekends exclusively in Washington without a trip to his nearby golf club.

• Like 5

Hooray!

• Like 4

There's always the ever reliable bake sale for raising money. I mean just ask any Boy Scout troop what their method is for fund raising. There are tons of options these days.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Nonentity said:

There's always the ever reliable bake sale for raising money. I mean just ask any Boy Scout troop what their method is for fund raising. There are tons of options these days.

Or a GoFundMe account.

• Like 4

The Secret Service is running into problems affording the expansive protection for President Trump’s family, though the agency says the funding crunch is hardly unique to this White House. 

USA Today reported Monday that the Secret Service could “no longer afford to pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission” due to the Trump family’s size, his multiple residences, and frequent travel. According to the report, under the Trump administration, 42 people have protection — 18 of whom are family members — compared to the 31 people with protection under the Obama administration.

Secret Service having trouble affording Trump family protection, but funding crunch is not new.

This is nothing new... happens every year, just this year they are reporting it.

• Like 2

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year. 

What kind of salary can one expect as a SS agent? Must be a tidy sum...I imagine full benefits, retirement package...

Just now, Uncle Sam said:

This is nothing new... happens every year, just this year they are reporting it.

Every year the secret service runs out of money 8 months into the year? Can you provide some links to that? It seems like thats a national security issue , and a poor management issue which should be fixed 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Farmer, you don't need to be in the White House when you can run everything through a Twitter app on your phone. I imagine Trump taking a breather in his golf cart, tweeting something at Rosie O' Donnell lol

Edited by Dark_Grey
I need to learn word conservation.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

What kind of salary can one expect as a SS agent? Must be a tidy sum...I imagine full benefits, retirement package...

And if you're lucky, you even get to catch a bullet!

• Like 4

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Farmer, you don't need to be in the White House when you can run everything through a Twitter app on your phone in between puts. I imagine Trump taking a breather in his golf cart, tweeting something at Rosie O' Donnell lol

I know you dont, doesnt make it right when taxpayers are footing the bill. 

If I had more energy I would post all of Trumps tweets about Obama doing the same. 

Hypocrisy at its finest 

• Like 4

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Farmer, you don't need to be in the White House when you can run everything through a Twitter app on your phone. I imagine Trump taking a breather in his golf cart, tweeting something at Rosie O' Donnell lol

Sorry I just saw the Rosie part :lol:

• Like 2

Smh. It's constant stories like this, in part, that make the democratic party  media look like a total joke. The guy doesn't even collect a salary. 

Obama didn't just play golf on the weekends. He was always playing golf. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Smh. It's constant stories like this, in part, that make the democratic party  media look like a total joke. The guy doesn't even collect a salary. 

Yeah, I don't remember ANY stories about Obama and Michelle and their travel expens...oh wait.

There must be some truth to that old adage...you get what you pay for. 

Not that I don't think he's raking it in other ways. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

What the hell are you talking about?  This came from the director of the Secret Service.  The top boss.  This is not some made up story with an anonymous source.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

LOL. How many characters are you allowed, to run a country of 330 million, 140?

That should suffice.*groan*

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

And if you're lucky, you even get to catch a bullet!

For free.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Agent0range said:

What the hell are you talking about?  This came from the director of the Secret Service.  The top boss.  This is not some made up story with an anonymous source.  

I'm talking about whether or not something is news worthy. The president having a big family isn't. 

This is just another way for them to keep giving him negative headlines. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I'm talking about whether or not something is news worthy. The president having a big family isn't. 

yes it's clear that a positive or negative spin can be put on anything - 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

After all the rhetoric Trump has blown Obama away in the number of times he has played golf http://trumpgolfcount.com/ 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

This has as much to do with the aforementioned golf trips as it does having a large family 

Just another thing he duped voters about

• Like 3

lol, I'm suppose to believe a site dedicated to telling us how many times Trump, not Presidents in general, but how many times Trump has played golf? Yea, no agenda there. SMH

I'm gonna bow out of this thread as well. I shouldn't have given it as much attention as I already have. This is propaganda. Pathetic propaganda at that.

Just a word of advice to my conservative friends, please just let dumb threads like this die. Let em have a echo chamber for a day or two. Then let it fall into web oblivion where it belongs. There are real actual things to talk about in American politics.

• Like 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

lol, I'm suppose to believe a site dedicated to telling us how many times Trump, not Presidents in general, but how many times Trump has played golf? Yea, no agenda there. SMH

I'm gonna bow out of this thread as well. I shouldn't have given it as much attention as I already have. This is propaganda. Pathetic propaganda at that.

Just a word of advice to my conservative friends, please just let dumb threads like this die. Let em have a echo chamber for a day or two. Then let it fall into web oblivion where it belongs. There are real actual things to talk about in American politics.

LOL your president spent years bashing Obama for playing golf, then plays more than O ever did. This is right in line with all the other lies he's sold to ya'll ...kinda like he did just last night with the Afghanistan situation. 

But i get it its a dumb thread to discuss how the POTUS is using our money 

• Like 1

I think its not about the matter how often #45 played golf. The key matters are, and should be for all US tax payers, e.g. how much tax money he wasted for frequent trips in AF1 to Mar-a-Lago and Melania`s stay in Manhatten for month.

• Like 3

Negative spin or not.  This is a going to be a real issue for Trump if he doesn't have Secret Service to guard him.  They can either vet and recruit new agents that haven't hit the cap yet or congress could pass a law to increase the cap.  It's not just Trump either.  His whole family frequently vacations and travels.  (The current cap is $160,000 btw).

• Like 4