Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Floyd Mayweather vs. Connor McGregor

Dark_Grey

Let's forget politics for a minute cause in just a few days the biggest fight spectacle of our lifetime is going down.

Floyd "Money" Mayweather squares off against "the Notorious" Connor McGregor.

serveimage_url_http_www.welhous.com_wp-c

This thread is a big dump for all discussion re: the fight. The Paulie video, McGregor's weird noodle-arms workout...whatever you guys want. Let's pick the fighters apart here.

I've been talking smack with friends about this for months now. I almost can't wait for it to be over so the world can move on lol

For the record, I'm calling it: Floyd wins by decision, Connor wins 3 rounds. No noodle-arms TKO

Who's gonna watch it live?

• Like 5

Also, Paulie confirmed for saltiest sore loser?

• Like 1

A few of us over on the fight thread have been talking about this fight for a while, see the last few pages only on link below!  But yes its not a bad idea to have a separate thread just for this fight

Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor: Lennox Lewis calls fight a 'farce'

Floyd Mayweather's fight against Conor McGregor is a farce, says former world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis.

Irish UFC lightweight champion McGregor, 29, will make his boxing debut when he faces undefeated American Mayweather on 26 August in Las Vegas.

"There is tremendous build-up and hype but I don't really take it as a serious fight," Briton Lewis told Sportsweek.

He added that "nothing is ever obvious when it comes to gimmicks and hype" but "Mayweather should win it".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40991863

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

As Seeder said,think i've already said everything i can about this "fight" already...multiple times even :lol:

Me and a friend decided to order it,neither of us wanted to be "that guy" who blew $100 on a farce but found wasting $50 apiece acceptable lol

• Like 4

After watching Bolt go down in his last race with an injury I am pulling for Mayweather even harder. I really hate seeing the greats struggle with age, much rather they go out on top in the form that made them great!!! 

• Like 2

I believe the fight is broadcast in the UK at 3 in the morning....so I will wont be paying for it, no doubt when I wake up someone will have upped it to various video sites/youtube even

• Like 2

Just now, Farmer77 said:

After watching Bolt go down in his last race with an injury I am pulling for Mayweather even harder. I really hate seeing the greats struggle with age, much rather they go out on top in the form that made them great!!! 

I'm really pulling for Connor to pull off that 0.001% chance for the upset...

The thought of Atlas head imploding is priceless :lol:

My call IF they actually FIGHT...Mayweather by tko rd 8....IF it's a usual Floyd fight...Mayweather unanimous decision shutout.

• Like 2

All that said...if this happened in a cage...Floyd leaves in a hearst :lol:

• Like 5

as my old dad used to say, its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog....they both have a lot of heart, so it will be very entertaining to watch...and one I will no doubt burn to DVD to add to my collection

• Like 3

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

As Seeder said,think i've already said everything i can about this "fight" already...multiple times even :lol:

Me and a friend decided to order it,neither of us wanted to be "that guy" who blew $100 on a farce but found wasting $50 apiece acceptable lol

Im banking on finding a bootleg stream , if I cant Ill probably go to my local sports bar and pay the 20 cover charge 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

as my old dad used to say, its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog....they both have a lot of heart, so it will be very entertaining to watch...and one I will no doubt burn to DVD to add to my collection

Unfortunatly Connor can't make this a "street fight" with accidental elbows ect...Floyd really set the rules in his favor in the contract....

Mac screws around and "accidentally" does anything he can lose 90% of his purse and possibly be sued! :w00t:

Mike Tyson called it correctly,Connor fell into a suckers trap agreeing to the rules for this...Connor can't win a BOXING match against Floyd.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im banking on finding a bootleg stream , if I cant Ill probably go to my local sports bar and pay the 20 cover charge 

hehe, great minds think alike...BUT...

It just got a lot harder to track down a free stream for Floyd Mayweather's fight with Conor McGregor

Showtime has acted quickly to prevent a number of pirate websites from illegally streaming Mayweather vs McGregor later this week

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/mayweather-mcgregor/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-showtime-watch-free-stream-live-piracy-latest-news-a7905776.html

• Like 2

Just now, seeder said:

hehe, great minds think alike...BUT...

Damn 44 sites? LAAAME ......

• Like 2

one opinion of him

How will UFC champion Conor McGregor perform in a boxing ring?

Conor McGregor has thrust himself to the forefront of boxing without ever throwing a punch. But what’s the truth about the UFC champion’s boxing ability?

His straight left hand from the southpaw stance has become one of the fight game's most dangerous weapons, making McGregor the first simultaneous holder of two UFC belts in history.

"He's ambidextrous, we teach that to all our kids, he can box orthodox or southpaw. His straight left changes fights. It's an opportunist's punch - he's always had the ability to turn on his back leg to throw his back hand."

McGregor took his boxing skills to the cage and exploded onto the UFC scene four years ago, immediately demonstrating an understanding of range that dumbfounded rivals.

http://www.skysports.com/ufc/news/12183/10288008/how-would-ufc-champion-conor-mcgregor-perform-in-a-boxing-ring

• Like 2

My proposed theme tune for the fight ...

~

~

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

My proposed theme tune for the fight ...

~

~

Well said...:tu:...that is all! :lol:

• Like 2

Hey guys! Great turnout. B) Like I said in the OP, we need to put politics aside, literally. Too much division between a bunch of cool peeps over nonsense.

7 hours ago, seeder said:

A few of us over on the fight thread have been talking about this fight for a while, see the last few pages only on link below!  But yes its not a bad idea to have a separate thread just for this fight

Ah! I knew there had to be some discussion somewhere. I didn't think to look in the Mega Martial Arts thread lol I don't usually wander in to General Discussion but I would love to get your guys' perspective and have a good a laugh

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Dude, I am right there with you. He's 40, hasn't boxed in (2?) years, but has a gawddam record of 49-0 which brings planets full of haters. As far as the sport goes, Connor is the underdog but physically it's Floyd. Brittle hands and a smaller frame...

That's all I'm gonna critique until I catch up. I'll be watching this live - first fight I ever paid for. My cousin has the cable hookups and the wifey is even excited to come along. Violent bloodsport brings couples closer together:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Anthony Joshua defended the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor bout next week in Las Vegas saying its critics were out of touch. The event, pitching unbeaten Mayweather, going into his 50th fight, against UFC star McGregor, is trending to draw around five million pay-per-view buys, which would set a new financial record for the sport.

“It’s now a mega-event – they have done a great job of promoting a huge event in the combat sports world,” said Joshua. “It has become a global event. It’s rubbish [to criticise it]. Why weren’t they complaining all those years ago when James Toney stepped in the UFC Octagon with Randy Couture. The fans are deciding and that’s why this fight is happening.”

Joshua, though, believes Mayweather will have too much for McGregor. “Everyone has a chance in a fight, but Mayweather is the very elite of boxing. He is 49-0 for a reason.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2017/08/19/anthony-joshua-hits-atmayweather-v-mcgregor-critics/

• Like 3

The biggest "weakness" Floyd has is his age. At 40 years of age, a lot of Connor fans are banking on Floyd having slower reflexes and generally being a 75% of the fighter he was 2 years ago. I was agreeing on that but here's some food for thought from Floyd's latest sparring partners:

This dude did 32(!) rounds with older Floyd:

Not gonna lie - this gives me hope for myself at 40 lol

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

(...)

Not gonna lie - this gives me hope for myself at 40 lol

One of my best friends is cycling the Andes with 46 right now. Stay in shape, it's well worth it! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

One of my best friends is cycling the Andes with 46 right now. Stay in shape, it's well worth it! 

"They" say that sedentary lifestyle is what kills you, not old age. The older you get, the less energy you have and the more you want to sit around. This is actually the worst thing you can do - the key is to never stop moving. You don't have to run marathons, but do cardio 3 times a week. SOMETHING to keep your blood moving and your organs healthy. I've had the misfortune of watching too many family members wither away under disease while sitting in a chair eating pie lol :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

"They" say that sedentary lifestyle is what kills you, not old age. The older you get, the less energy you have and the more you want to sit around. This is actually the worst thing you can do - the key is to never stop moving. You don't have to run marathons, but do cardio 3 times a week. SOMETHING to keep your blood moving and your organs healthy. I've had the misfortune of watching too many family members wither away under disease while sitting in a chair eating pie lol :rolleyes:

I agree wholeheartedly. At least have a walk regularly. or ride a bicycle to work (I know, I know ;) ).

• Like 3

IMG_0388.JPG

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Stiff said:

IMG_0388.JPG

lol where's the Mayweather half? (Kevin Hart)

I think Connor will be in shape. He's no slouch and takes training very, very seriously. That being said, he's going to be upping his cardio from 5 rounds to 12 while simultaneously learning how to properly box. Connor is a beast but that's an incredible feat to pull off in time.

• Like 4

Conor McGregor brawls with Floyd Mayweather's entourage and squares up to Paulie Malignaggi at Vegas ceremony

The two men almost came to blows five days early when their respective entourages were involved in a bad-tempered fracas, before Malignaggi then squared up to McGregor

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/mayweather-mcgregor/floyd-mayweather-and-conor-mcgregor-melee-las-vegas-arrival-ceremony-entourages-altercation-fight-a7907541.html

• Like 3