Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump looked at the eclipse without glasses

Farmer77

I think this is my favorite :

This guy who just looked at the sun without glasses will be giving an address on the US strategy in Afghanistan tonight.

• Like 7

Those are hilarious. I loved this one...

The solar eclipse is fake news. I can look directly at the sun with no problem. Believe me!

• Like 6

I liked the CNN one, too, but they should have used MSNBC. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I liked the CNN one, too, but they should have used MSNBC. 

Fake news :lol: 

Oh man im clearly delirious as I near the end of my 13th 12 hour shift in a row because I cant stop laughing at these. 

• Like 2

A brief glance followed by using protective glasses is unlikely to cause harm. If it wasn't just a brief glance then I guess Trump will be needing a seeing eye dog....we'll see (even if he can't).

• Like 6

I looked at it without glasses also.  During the totality. 

Gotta love those people. :rolleyes:

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 4

My mom did thst today too.

I was like wtf mom and she said "I'm not just going to take other people's words for it " :rolleyes: lol

But she's fine, it was just for a quick second.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

My mom did thst today too.

I was like wtf mom and she said "I'm not just going to take other people's words for it " :rolleyes: lol

But she's fine, it was just for a quick second.

It's no different than glancing into the sun at any other time except that the "squinting" reaction isn't there.  If it's only a glance, no problem.  Like everything else, it's a big deal because - Trump.  It's so old now that it doesn't even cause a rise any longer among his supporters.  I have a feeling that 2018 is going to be a banner year for any politician NOT with a D by their name.

• Like 2

I'd rather Melania was the President but alas she was foreign born.

20 minutes ago, and then said:

It's no different than glancing into the sun at any other time except that the "squinting" reaction isn't there.  If it's only a glance, no problem.  Like everything else, it's a big deal because - Trump.  It's so old now that it doesn't even cause a rise any longer among his supporters.  I have a feeling that 2018 is going to be a banner year for any politician NOT with a D by their name.

DonalD.

• Like 1

I didn't like wearing the glasses... they made everything look really weird. 

they-live.jpg.895a3cd777c163ef01c169679a442104.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

This isnt posted as an attack , just as weird news, the responses had me rolling  : 

Trump looked at the eclipse without glasses and the Internet reacted

DHxlaNgWAAAkN1M.jpg

^^^^ photoshopped :rolleyes: 

7 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

DHxtcTTUAAA8lIm.jpg

Photoshopped :rolleyes:

LOL comeon man the responses were hilarious 

• Like 1

The media will latch onto anything, literally anything to attack Trump. I googled 'Trump solar eclipse' and there were literally pages of stuff going after him over this.

My advice to the media: You're starting to just look silly.

• Like 4

Just now, Lilly said:

The media will latch onto anything, literally anything to attack Trump. I googled 'Trump solar eclipse' and there were literally pages of stuff going after him over this.

I've only seen the article I posted and it isnt exactly a media driven one, just a collection of funny responses to him doing the thing which we heard a million times over the last week not to do. 

Its funny , lighten up guys. 

• Like 1

Google it...it was a literal feeding frenzy.

Also, glancing at an eclipse for an instant simply isn't the same thing as viewing it. My neighbor had welding glasses and he glanced up in the sky to pin point the exact spot then put them on. This is because once you have those things on it's total black out.

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

^^^^ photoshopped :rolleyes: 

LOL comeon man the responses were hilarious 

I went through the link that susieice posted, I quoted one of the tweets but deleted it because it was so bad and would only have inflamed people's feelings here.

• Like 1

Just now, .ZZ. said:

I went through the link that susieice posted, I quoted one of the tweets but deleted it because it was so bad and would only have inflamed people's feelings here.

Yikes i just looked ,  those were pretty vicious and no he definitely didnt "stare" at it. He just glanced up at it as if to offer the comedy gods a sacrifice. 

The ones I posted a link to were much more lighthearted in nature. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Those are hilarious. I loved this one...

The solar eclipse is fake news. I can look directly at the sun with no problem. Believe me!

Yes, l also looked at the sun directly for about 1.30 seconds, phew about 35 years ago, when we had one in AU. This was after all of the hype and BS around special glasses and such. Then l looked indirectly at it for a few minutes. Pretty weird with the birds going quiet, suddenly.

12 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

DHxtcTTUAAA8lIm.jpg

Photoshopped :rolleyes:

Or it was an ACDC concert!

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

Fake Media!

:P

• Like 1

Rapper Cancels Shows After Saying He Didn't Need Eclipse Glasses.

A hip-hop artist named Joey Bada$$ has been dubbed “Joey Badeyes” on social media after he bragged that he was going to watch Monday’s eclipse without protective eyewear ― and then abruptly canceled three upcoming shows.

It’s unclear why the shows were actually canceled, but the coincidence has caught a lot of people’s attention.