Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Greetings!

NChSh

Pozdrowienia! I've been lurking here for a few years, but finally got around to setting up an account a week or so ago. I've been using "NChSh" (sometime spelled nachash, Hebrew: נָחָשׁ, pronounced: nä·khäsh' -- "serpent," "brazen," "enchanter") for roughly 20 years. So, if you've seen that name on any other forums, it's about 95% likely it was me. I'm a musician and visual artist, among other things, with strong academic focuses on anthropology/archaeology (especially Mayan, Ancient Egyptian, and Neolithic Eurasian cultures), comparative religion, genetics/epigenetics, neurology/psychology, and theoretical physics. My method is generally zetetic (proceeding from inquiry--open minded skepticism), and while I'm close to an nth degree agnostic, I have a strong rational lean, but never dogmatically so. Also, I'm a Satanist: ask me anything!

• Like 4

Greetings.

Are you an Ayn Rand fan and why or why not? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Greetings.

Are you an Ayn Rand fan and why or why not? 

No, not in the slightest. I'm a member of The Satanic Temple, not a LaVeyan Satanist. I find Objectivism rather distasteful, as it seems to me to be irrational in its extreme dogmatic over-rationality, and  "objectively," it's social Darwinism (which is often disputed by Objectivists, but nonetheless seems accurate to me) is not only personally objectionable, but scientifically incorrect, as organisms evolve and survive not merely through competition, but also through a great deal of cooperation. Politically, I'm strongly anarcho-communist, which is at the extreme opposite end of the bottom of the political compass from Rand's views. So, while I have an acute aversion to authority, I also reject the exploitative nature of the right, and recognize the desirability of of cooperative structures in maintaining a workable, coherent society. Basically, I advocate for the dismantling of hierarchies, while expanding cooperation and collectivism in the economic sense. 

• Like 1

Welcome NChSh ... sounds Greek to me ...

~

• Like 1

Greetings NChSh, welcome to UM. Enjoy your stay here :)

On 2017-8-22 at 4:26 PM, NChSh said:

No, not in the slightest. I'm a member of The Satanic Temple, not a LaVeyan Satanist. I find Objectivism rather distasteful, as it seems to me to be irrational in its extreme dogmatic over-rationality, and  "objectively," it's social Darwinism (which is often disputed by Objectivists, but nonetheless seems accurate to me) is not only personally objectionable, but scientifically incorrect, as organisms evolve and survive not merely through competition, but also through a great deal of cooperation. Politically, I'm strongly anarcho-communist, which is at the extreme opposite end of the bottom of the political compass from Rand's views. So, while I have an acute aversion to authority, I also reject the exploitative nature of the right, and recognize the desirability of of cooperative structures in maintaining a workable, coherent society. Basically, I advocate for the dismantling of hierarchies, while expanding cooperation and collectivism in the economic sense. 

Welcome to the house of fun! :)