Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this the truth about Abrahamic religions?

OverSword

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

No one understands Ella, not even you.

Do you have children? When the baby in your family does wrong, do you beat up your first born so the baby can be put back in your good grace?

Good point.

43 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I'm NOT looking to fight with you Will about God. I'm looking to share the truth about God.  I had those thoughts as well as does everyone who doesn't understand why the Cosmos were even created. Again, it's not simply a doctrine, it's God's word. 

Isaiah prophesied about Jesus as did many others. The bible is what it is because it is true.No other book exist like it. maybe that's what people don't understand, how it can be proven.maybe they're just too lazy to discover that. maybe they're contempt in their sin to discover that.

https://www.bible.com/bible/1/ISA.53.kjv#!

But you don't know if you have the truth about God. In fact, it's pretty evident if you actually read that book, that we don't. All we have is a collection of writings by men, and woefully long after the supposed events took place. We also only have the books that other men decided we should have. People were killed and their texts were destroyed because those in charge didn't agree with what was written. 

Don't make excuses because men were immoral and wrote horrible things about God. Their own failings are reflected in what they wrote. 

• Like 2

I believe if there's a loving universal consciousness that we all return to, it won't matter if we don't understand while we're here. 

That said, if we don't try to understand what's good for us and what isn't while we're here, our stay won't be pleasant. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

But that is not a true statement that you're making against biblical scriptures and it the bible provides proof of that being that it is the word of God recorded by vessels same as other records of other beliefs were handed down to vessels that were open for it, do you follow?

Yes I understand it.  It's the non-logical argument that can only be found when arguing about that which can never be proven.  The bible does not provide proof of God, only for a source of Faith  What can be proven are the terrible things that have been done not only by Christianity but all forms of organized religion to ensure conformity to doctrine and obedience to those in charge of the religions. Thus why I believe that organized religions are not a good thing.

• Like 2

True religion, when it finally becomes established in the lives of every individual because of their true spiritual experiences with the divine presence within; will never become organized. 

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

To me any religion that teaches that it is the absolute and final word of God and only version of the truth, and that there will at the end of the world be a war in which their own personal messiah will kill or convert everyone so the the followers of the real truth will live in heaven on earth is false.  All three Abrahamic religions hold this doctrine.  I have personally rejected revelations for my own part as it was added long after Christ was no longer in the world and is in fact a letter written to specific people concerning a specific time and was IMO added later as a useful tool of control.  Jesus would have ripped it to shreds had he read it as it is counter to his doctrine of forgiveness and love.

The bolded part is I what I use as my gauge as to whether a (organized) religion is actually evil.  Such doctrine is meant to divide into us vs them factions and is evil.  This is what the organized religions of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims all believe about their respective religions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Yes I understand it.  It's the non-logical argument that can only be found when arguing about that which can never be proven.  The bible does not provide proof of God, only for a source of Faith  What can be proven are the terrible things that have been done not only by Christianity but all forms of organized religion to ensure conformity to doctrine and obedience to those in charge of the religions. Thus why I believe that organized religions are not a good thing.

How do you know it doesn't provide proof of God? May I add, faith is simply taking God at his word and the bible is filled with God's word. No such thing has been done by Christians, that would be no different than you saying that all terrible things were done by Christ Jesus. Do I disagree with you that terrible things have been done to people by people in the false misuse of the name of God by people? No I don't. If you will provide a piece of evidence whereas God is this terrible God  in the bible that you're claiming God to be from his word in the bible maybe I could understand what you're grief about the Holy Bible is.

Edited by Ellapennella

19 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

How do you know it doesn't provide proof of God?

Feel free to provide me with proof that God exists.  Not that I don't personally believe in God, because I do, but it can't be proven.

May I add, faith is simply taking God at his word and the bible is filled with God's word.

No it's not. Faith is believing in something without proof and not necessarily about God, but I get what you're saying.

No such thing has been done by Christians, that would be no different than you saying that all terrible things were done by Christ Jesus.

Saying that Christians have done terrible things in the name of their religion is not the same as saying Jesus did it, and terrible things have been done by Christians in the name of their religion.

If you will provide a piece of evidence whereas God is this terrible God  in the bible that you're claiming God to be from his word in the bible maybe I could understand what you're grief about the Holy Bible is.

You're not reading what I've said accurately Ella as at no time have I said God is terrible, or even that the bible is terrible, with perhaps the exception of revelations, which is so nonsensical and even proclaims at the beginning that it is not a book but a letter written to specific people in specific places, and which is so abstract that it is essentially in my opinion nonsense. 

Edit to add:

All I've said is that I don't believe in organized religion, I think it's nothing but a means of control used by some humans over others.  I count myself a Christian but I certainly don't need to go to church to be one and I don't need anyone else to tell me if what I believe is right or wrong.  If I feel the need to know that I can read what Jesus said as easily as anyone else can.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3