Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Orange UFO' sighted over Somerset, England

UM-Bot

Chinese lanterns with flares/fireworks burning out...whatever it is seems to be light as its blown about in the wind....then as it burns it begins falling....so definitely not an out of space thingy

Edited by seeder

I'm not disagreeing, but wouldn't the heat from the fireworks melt the drone?  To me it moved somewhat like a balloon does when you slowly let the air out of it.  The object still looked like it was moving after the colors dissipated.  A balloon woulded work either.  Maybe amodel rocket out of control?

The article is debunked right at the bottom of page, on the comments section. ALWAYS good to read any comments sections below any articles 

6:23 PM on 22/08/2017 "It eventually emerged that the streak of light had in fact been created by a stunt plane belonging to nearby acrobatics group AeroSparx." Not mysterious at all, then. Or a UFO.

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/watch-mysterious-ufo-circling-over-remote-town-1-4539079

Edited by seeder
  • Like 6

for example....watch this vid....give it a minute as the guy jabbers for a while before you see the 'ufo'....ahem

loads more on youtube

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

at 0:43 in the OP vid i hear a jet engine

I hear nothing..

I agree with seeder regarding the Chinese lantern theory.

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

at 0:43 in the OP vid i hear a jet engine

It's a silent film i.e. no sound!!

It is clear from the footage that it is not extraterrestrial. Something is being towed through the air while it burns. The products of combustion are trailing and falling in its wake and the motions are all possible within the known laws of physics.

The motion is reminiscent of an acrobatic aircraft (which is what it is) so hence no sound on this hoax film or we would have heard the plane's engine labouring under its performance.

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

It's a silent film i.e. no sound!!

no it's not- i had sound... You lot are not very astute:rolleyes:

Edited by Dejarma

7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no it's not- i had sound... You lot are not very astute:rolleyes:

I didn't, and I went back again to double check I hadn't got it on mute. Can anybody else confirm this for me?

4 hours ago, seeder said:

The article is debunked right at the bottom of page, on the comments section. ALWAYS good to read any comments sections below any articles 

Because the most reasonable opinions are usually found in internet comment sections...

6 minutes ago, Gary Meadows said:

Because the most reasonable opinions are usually found in internet comment sections...

No in this case there was evidence provided by a witness....a plane WAS doing stunts in that area... and dont forget, this forum too is an  "internet comments section"....as you say..

Alien flying saucers simply do not exist...

5 hours ago, UM-Bot said:
1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I didn't, and I went back again to double check I hadn't got it on mute. Can anybody else confirm this for me?

are we referring to the same vid? the vid link in post 1= i did say the OP post

Yes, the link in the OP. No sound in that video.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Yes, the link in the OP. No sound in that video.

turn the bloody volume up!!!! it has audio.......

Just to clarify:

The video: with sound

The image: without sound

:lol:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

turn the bloody volume up!!!! it has audio.......

I'm accessing via a Samsung Android. I only have a toggle option between mute or not. I can't see any option/slider for raising the sound. Thanks for your encouragement.

6 minutes ago, toast said:

The image: without sound

no, the image has sound too= turn the bloody volume up-- what's the matter wiv ya:D

• Like 1

Anyway, those who do hear the sound say they hear the engine of an aircraft, thus confirming my own interpretation of the silent video. So it's not a UFO.

1 hour ago, seeder said:

and dont forget, this forum too is an  "internet comments section"....as you say..

Oh yes, I disregard most comments here as nonsense.

And yes, I agree that "alien" ufo theories are silly.

I just disagree with sending people to comments sections for "truth", of any kind.

2 minutes ago, Gary Meadows said:

Oh yes, I disregard most comments here as nonsense.

And yes, I agree that "alien" ufo theories are silly.

I just disagree with sending people to comments sections for "truth", of any kind.

well if the comments section are NOT read....this thread will have lasted a few pages longer no doubt. Same with youtube vids, I have lost count of how many vids have been discussed over the years here, when all along, the answer/debunk was already in the comments. Debunkers usually post in comments sections....after all, where else can they post?  But if you personally dont want to read any comments for possible debunks etc, thats fine with me.

From original OP
"It was emitting green and red colors. It looked to me like it could have been fireworks attached to a drone. It's still very much unidentified though."

Ozimandias' comment
The motion is reminiscent of an acrobatic aircraft (which is what it is) so hence no sound on this hoax film or we would have heard the plane's engine labouring under its performance.

this sort of comment is unfair.  The OP does not declare it to be extraterrestrial, or even suggest it might be.  He states it looks like a drone with fireworks.  At the time of filming/posting he did not know what it was (plane performing stunts) hence UFO.  There is no evidence he was trying to perpetrate a deliberate act of deceiving (hoaxing).  

And yes, with the sound right up the engine sound can be heard.

If nothing else, I like to see fair play always and I see a lot of the opposite on here.  Please be fair!
  • Like 3