Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interview with people who believe flat Earth

The Caspian Hare

DENVER - In a new and innovative approach to TV interviews, 9NEWS rolled out its transparent mobile studio to talk with “Flat Earthers,” a group of people who reject basic science and believe the earth is flat.

Let’s be Clear, hosted by Jeremy Jojola, takes viewers to interesting locations to meet interesting people who answer viewer-submitted questions in real-time during Facebook live interviews.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/next/lets-be-clear-flat-earthers-who-reject-basic-science/466171828

To see entire interview you must watch video, 23 minutes

• Like 4

That's a whole new level of dumb, no it's not but it's close. 

• Like 2

Discovery: Hitlerjugend haircut makes stupid.

• Like 1

I wonder what they think when they see pictures of the planet from Outer Space. =/

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Princess Serenity said:

I wonder what they think when they see pictures of the planet from Outer Space. =/

Usually they just claim it is photoshop done by NASA.

NASA seems to be their main "foe" and they rarely know or care about the existence of organisations like ESA, CNSA, ISRO, JAXA, ROSCOSMOS etc. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

NASA seems to be their main "foe" and they rarely know or care about the existence of organisations like ESA, CNSA, ISRO, JAXA, ROSCOSMOS etc. 

*Sighs* Bunch of morons.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Princess Serenity said:

*Sighs* Bunch of morons.

Sums it up quite nicely. :tu:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Princess Serenity said:

CGI. Everything is CGI to them. Then they take out of focus pictures of planets and stars as "proof" that NASA is faking them.

• Like 4

This is one of those rare instances where you don't need to watch the video to know what a bunch of idiots they are.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

CGI. Everything is CGI to them. Then they take out of focus pictures of planets and stars as "proof" that NASA is faking them.

I usually point them to the history of CGI which became available with the development of 3rd generation computers in 1968 and then a link to one or more Tiros satellite photos taken before 1968.  Most have no answer for that.

• Like 5

I truly wonder (not joking) what compels some to actually believe in bizzare, wholly nonsense theories such as a "flat earth"

It's so "off-the-wall" and without even one ounce of foundation as to be clearly delusional. I'm not sure that I could trust a "flat earther" even on general matters due to this bizarre psychotic level of delusion.

Some flat earther will say... "Look at this or that YouTube vid" 

Screw that, I won't look at a single thing they say.

They wish to be and remain psychotic, I don't.

• Like 4

Quite a number of flat earthers are creationist. They interpret parts of the Bible saying the earth is flat.

• Like 1

Many are conspiracy believers so it's easy for them to accept something that has no scientific support.

• Like 1

I've said this before, but the main driver behind it is intellectual nihilism. If we have something as fundamental as the shape of the earth wrong, then all bets, for everything else, are off. Literally anything is possible.

• Like 6

Why do the flatearth believers not take a walk to the edge of our planet?  They are already on the edge of being totally mad, so finish it off and start walking. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Why do the flatearth believers not take a walk to the edge of our planet?  They are already on the edge of being totally mad, so finish it off and start walking. 

Silly you. They can't walk of the edge because of the massive icewall protecting it.

the%20wall.jpg

The wall is apparently protected by an organisation known as "The Nightswatch". 

They actually think that Antartica isn't a continent, but a wall marking the edge of the World. This is what they think a "real" World map looks like.

Azimuthal%2BEquidistant%2BProjection.jpg

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Silly you. They can't walk of the edge because of the massive icewall protecting it.

the%20wall.jpg

The wall is apparently protected by an organisation known as "The Nightswatch". 

They actually think that Antartica isn't a continent, but a wall marking the edge of the World. This is what they think a "real" World map looks like.

Azimuthal%2BEquidistant%2BProjection.jpg

Oh, i was not aware of that. Can they not chissel their way through it? Obviously i will be there will a safety net waiting for them when they fall off, do you want to help me hold the net? 

• Like 2

On 25/8/2017 at 10:19 AM, freetoroam said:

Oh, i was not aware of that. Can they not chissel their way through it?

Maybe, but then all the water would gush out into...... I don't really know whats supposed to be on the other side of the Wall ?

On 25/8/2017 at 10:19 AM, freetoroam said:

Obviously i will be there will a safety net waiting for them when they fall off, do you want to help me hold the net? 

Apparently it is almost impossible to gain access to Antarctica for normal people like us. They are afraid we will expose the hoax, but if you can arrange transportation I'm in. :tu:

PS: My dad claims to have been on Antartica when he was in the Navy so he is clearly in on the conspiracy. :ph34r:

• Like 3

heh my uncle was a weatherman on the aussie base in antartica.. he must be in on the coverup.. never said it was a barrier.. and has flown over most of it (for flat earths.. circled the ahh.. disc?)

• Like 2

Luv@Lite2all.. I looked up flat earth on YouTube Eric Dubay and others and I found it fascinating.. My thought on it is if that's what they believe then good for them. You can be a moron in everyday run of the mill daily stuff. I know what I see smell hear and land is what I live on and my body is what I live in. Flat or Round it doesn't matter.. 

5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Maybe, but then all the water would gush out into...... I don't really know whats supposed to be on the other side of the Wall ?

The water will just  flow over the edge, and it will take those on the edge (the flat earthers) with it....lets hope they have a strong dingy. Because I am a good citizen, i am going to help them out and give them one to go over the edge in:

nrnowLm.jpg

• Like 2