Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Questions about the Jersey Devil

T.I.

I was wondering how large the Jersey Devil was speculated to be. It happens to be my favorite cryptid and I was thinking of doing a "cryptid case file" on it.

• Like 1

In Mysterious Creatures: A Guide To Cryptozoolgy the Jersey Devil's length is given as 11 feet and height as 6 feet. That's the only size estimate I've been able to find.

• Like 1

It was about the size of a human, or a bit bigger, I've read. Some accounts had it as more than two metres long, though, so who knows?

4 hours ago, The Narcisse said:

11 ft length? That has to be close to a record...

I'm assuming that's supposed wingspan? 

I remember there being some episode on some supernatural show about it. I think it was Monsters and Mysteries. These two guys claimed to have encounters with the thing. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 2:02 PM, T.I. said:

I was wondering how large the Jersey Devil was speculated to be. It happens to be my favorite cryptid and I was thinking of doing a "cryptid case file" on it.

It was conceived out of a parody written by Ben Franklin with a groin shot to Daniel Leeds then taken seriously by the London Gentlemens' Gazette in 1735. Cased closed.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Piney said:

It was conceived out of a parody written by Ben Franklin with a groin shot to Daniel Leeds then taken seriously by the London Gentlemens' Gazette in 1735. Cased closed.

Hey Piney good to see you long time no see, how's life?:tu:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hey Piney good to see you long time no see, how's life?:tu:

jmccr8

I swing my saw for the mill. Park my rig where the natural events and view is good and live the way I always wanted to live. Life is good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I swing my saw for the mill. Park my rig where the natural events and view is good and live the way I always wanted to live. Life is good. 

Glad to hear that you are enjoying life and doing well. When I don't see some of my old favorites I wonder if all is good

jmccr8

• Like 1