Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most Aggressive Cryptids

T.I.

10 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Frankenstein was the scientist who created The Monster. It is Frankenstein's monster. This grinds my gears.

Yeah yeah.   It is now commonly called Frankenstein though.  

Sorry about grinding those gears.  

• Like 1

On 8/27/2017 at 0:47 PM, T.I. said:

I was wondering which cryptids you believed to be the most aggressive towards humans. That being said, there are a considerable number who do not enjoy nosy humans. However, I was wondering which kinds were especially aggressive.

I guess it might depend on what's being considered a cryptid now-a-days, and what aggression means.

Stuff like mothmen or hookmen that actively seek out and harass folks in their cars is pretty aggressive. Vampires are aggressive, some of the weirder world lores on those make Dracula look like a wimp. Skinwalkers and were's are aggressive, but most of the stories seem like they are aggressive if caught/cornered/found rather than they are aggressive in the sense that they hunt humans. Some wee folk can be really aggressive, with stories about them causing all sorts of havoc for humans- sometimes just for fun, sometimes humans peeved them off. Kraken are very aggressive, and attack pretty much everything that comes into it's territory.

Some cryptids are more passive-aggressive, but still dangerous. Like sirens- they aren't actively hunting, but their lure is so dangerous it's best not to sail in their waters entirely or risk death. In some lores there are critters that seem ok when you encounter them, till you say or do the wrong thing- then they smear you all over the floor in sometimes rather imaginative ways. BEK's are passive-aggressive too.

• Like 1

Gorgons like Medusa would be very aggressive as well as ugly. Imagine how great the fear that turns you to stone!

On 9/5/2017 at 7:09 PM, ChaosRose said:

I think the most aggressive would have to be a house/bedroom invader. So shadow beings, hags, aliens, demonic entities...whatever's not afraid to come right in your bedroom while you're sleeping. 

At least you actually have to be in the woods or in the water to get attacked by other types of cryptids. And you have to invite the vamps and the black-eyed kids in. 

Agreed! Theres nothing like being assaulted in your own bedroom.

On 8/27/2017 at 9:47 AM, T.I. said:

I was wondering which cryptids you believed to be the most aggressive towards humans. That being said, there are a considerable number who do not enjoy nosy humans. However, I was wondering which kinds were especially aggressive.

The ones that are unknown and have no name.  Nobody survives an encounter to report it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The ones that are unknown and have no name.  Nobody survives an encounter to report it.

So how do we know they did not die by the hands of a human or by a wild beast? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Lol, yep...those are clearly the worst. 

On 8/27/2017 at 5:47 PM, T.I. said:

Out of curiosity, why are you asking? Are you thinking of making one up yourself for a book or film? 

I will play along with this game and go with the grim reaper.....can not get more aggressive and final than that one.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Out of curiosity, why are you asking? Are you thinking of making one up yourself for a book or film? 

I will play along with this game and go with the grim reaper.....can not get more aggressive and final than that one.

Yeah, how do we even know about that one? 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 5:29 PM, XenoFish said:

Frankenstein was the scientist who created The Monster. It is Frankenstein's monster. This grinds my gears.

Ha! That really grinds my gears!

What amazes me is that the very worst of all, has you all fooled.

Unicorns.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Unicorns.

LOL...immediately my mind goes to Cabin in the Woods.

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

So how do we know they did not die by the hands of a human or by a wild beast? 

We don't, that makes it even scarier.  No evidence, no trail, usually no body, just gone.  If it doesn't exist, Stephen King or somebody else will invent it.

I would have to say the dogman is one of if not the most aggressive cryptids. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

We don't, that makes it even scarier.  No evidence, no trail, usually no body, just gone.  If it doesn't exist, Stephen King or somebody else will invent it.

hmm... but the only way you would know there was a missing person, is because someone has reported them missing, then what happens is an investigation, but in the real world, cryptids are not the first thing which comes to mind during an investigation, this would come under and should come under the crime section.

How the hell do people get the idea of cryptids when someone goes missing?.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

hmm... but the only way you would know there was a missing person, is because someone has reported them missing, then what happens is an investigation, but in the real world, cryptids are not the first thing which comes to mind during an investigation, this would come under and should come under the crime section.

How the hell do people get the idea of cryptids when someone goes missing?.

When people seem to go missing indwr impossible circumstances.

Ive read some really intriguing case files.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

When people seem to go missing indwr impossible circumstances.

Ive read some really intriguing case files.

Yes me too...i like Jeremy Wades programmes.. .many about river monsters, so he goes fishing for them, easy to see how people can attribute these big ferocious fish as monsters, but truth is..they are big ferocious fish, but on land they are not big ferocious monsters, but humans doing the killings or people venturing in areas with wild life which will protect its area. No cryptids.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Yes me too...i like Jeremy Wades programmes.. .many about river monsters, so he goes fishing for them, easy to see how people can attribute these big ferocious fish as monsters, but truth is..they are big ferocious fish, but on land they are not big ferocious monsters, but humans doing the killings or people venturing in areas with wild life which will protect its area. No cryptids.

I typically agree with where you're coming from there.

One story that stands out in my memory is a 3-5 year old boy planning to jump out and scare his parents with his siblings moments before, never seen again. No trace, gone. Grand canyon i think...

Sure we arent as perceptive as we like to think we are, but for a child playing with his family to completely vanish is odd. I have no theories but i cant helo but entertain the ones i hear...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Though I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, in his "Missing 411" series, David Paulides has compiled numerous very detailed case studies about unusual incidents of missing people in US National Parks and Forests. "Wendigo" is a word the Algonquin use for a human who has turned cannibal... it could also refer to a human who preys on other humans. It is entirely possible there may be human predators, "Wendigos", operating in these places due to their remote nature and lack of information sharing among law enforcement.

• Like 3

I grew up in the Philippines. There it is said to exist a creature called "Tiyanak". If you hear a baby crying in the jungle... never, ever try to find it. They are said to be a witches familiar, created from the corpse of an unbabtized baby... they will lure you further and further, until you're all alone in the deep jungle... then... they go for the throat.

I personally think it's an ancient memory of their Indo/ Malay ancestors from the time when they  shared space with big cats (Historically, tigers could be found on the island of Palawan, but not in the rest of the Philippines).

Check these out and tell me it doesn't creep you out... now imagine if they were bigger... much bigger...

Not exactly a cryptid... more a mythological creature with a basis in fact.

• Like 3

On 08/09/2017 at 2:40 PM, Wes4747 said:

Sandman... Dude keeps me feeling like a narcoleptic...

If I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

If I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take!

Hush little baby don't say a word....

• Like 3

On 9/7/2017 at 11:15 PM, ChrLzs said:

Unicorns.

True. They like to gore people with their one stupid horn.

• Like 1