Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most Aggressive Cryptids

T.I.

I was wondering which cryptids you believed to be the most aggressive towards humans. That being said, there are a considerable number who do not enjoy nosy humans. However, I was wondering which kinds were especially aggressive.

Edited by T.I.
  • Like 2

If the BEast of Geveden was real (and the events attributed to it) then it wins that title, hands down ... whatever it was. :ph34r:

Edited by The Russian Hare
finish sentence
  • Like 1

Africa, and South America are the places for deadly cryptids. The reason for this is that when the stories were cobbled together, you could attribute the deaths of any quantity of locals you wanted, and no one could, or would bother, checking. 

So, number one is the Nandi bear, that's got the highest body count, but it's more of an aggregate cryptid. But as none of them exist it's fair enough I suppose. The Nunda, or Mngwa, from Tanzania is also extremely aggressive, killing on sight. Them you get the more obscure ones like the Dingonek, that's pretty stroppy too. Add to that a selection of mystery cats.

South America has the Mapinguary, it used to be a hostile man beast, these days though it's turned into a relict ground sloth, either way, it's nasty. There's also the Tigre d'Aqua (or some similar spelling), that's reported to have killed any number of anonymous locals. 

These old fashioned cryptids could get away with being murderous, for the reasons above, and because like all stories, they depend on, and substantiate, the zietgeist of their times. The colonialists and their attitudes have given way to the conservationists and tourists, and theirs. The sort of people who travel to these remote locations today tend to be better educated, than their counterparts of 150 years ago, and tend to view nature as something to be experienced and preserved, rather than overcome, and tamed as per the mindset of the colonialists. So we don't get the stories anymore. Instead we have to make do with monsters in the back garden, like bigfoot, and the modern version of the Chupacabra. 

Aside from which, the actual number of definitely recorded deaths by cryptid come in somewhere around the low zeros. 

• Like 8

18 hours ago, seanjo said:

Because they have to prey on living Humans to feed.

So do wendigos...

48 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Big foot with a shotgun

With a shotgun? Was that part necessary?

35 minutes ago, T.I. said:

With a shotgun? Was that part necessary?

Well not really but I'd imagine he'd be fairly agressive

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Well not really but I'd imagine he'd be fairly agressive

I don't think it would shoot you with it and would likely bash you over the head with it:wacko:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T.I. said:

Charming.

I try my best

• Like 2

The name of the most dangerous cryptid will remain a mystery as it has killed all that have seen it. 

How sure am I? Well I haven't seen it and I'm still alive so go figure...

• Like 4

Hard for me to give a solid opinion on such things, but there is a ton of old folk lore and story's that have traveled over the centuries. If you choose to look outside the box many stories have pieces of truth somewhere in the tale

One thing I can tell you is if you venture very deep in the desolate woods by yourself is YOU are no longer at the top of the food chain. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fishing the Styx said:

Hard for me to give a solid opinion on such things, but there is a ton of old folk lore and story's that have traveled over the centuries. If you choose to look outside the box many stories have pieces of truth somewhere in the tale

One thing I can tell you is if you venture very deep in the desolate woods by yourself is YOU are no longer at the top of the food chain. 

One thing I can tell you is that the further down the rabbit hole you climb the more likely you are to get your head stuck.

• Like 3

Frankenstein can be pretty aggressive if someone has a torch.

I had to throw that in there since vampires and werewolves have been mentioned already.

I'll go with the man-eating trees.   Just by there definition, they are aggressive.   There are many different ones to choose from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-eating_tree

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Frankenstein can be pretty aggressive if someone has a torch.

I had to throw that in there since vampires and werewolves have been mentioned already.

I'll go with the man-eating trees.   Just by there definition, they are aggressive.   There are many different ones to choose from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-eating_tree

They do sound pretty aggressive. 

• Like 1

I think the most aggressive would have to be a house/bedroom invader. So shadow beings, hags, aliens, demonic entities...whatever's not afraid to come right in your bedroom while you're sleeping. 

At least you actually have to be in the woods or in the water to get attacked by other types of cryptids. And you have to invite the vamps and the black-eyed kids in. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Myles said:

Frankenstein can be pretty aggressive if someone has a torch

Frankenstein was the scientist who created The Monster. It is Frankenstein's monster. This grinds my gears.

• Like 5

On 8/29/2017 at 6:07 AM, T.I. said:

Any serious answers?

Any serious questions?

• Like 3