Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Charity to Houston and the left

OverSword

Charitable Humans which describes itself as a “progressive tax-exempt nonprofit organization seeking new and innovative approaches to address issues in our world and advance humanitarian causes.”

It's social media manager has some pretty disgusting tweets.  If they don't fire this guy I just don't know what to say.

CharitableHumans-hashtag-on-Twitter.png

Link to story

• Like 5

wow what a jerk. Its probably one of those scam charities anyway, giving away 10% of what they take in, like Hillary.

• Like 7

What a bunch of cads. I agree. More likely or not a scam.

• Like 4

It takes some real mental gymnastics to be a hateful prick yet believe you are fighting a virtuous fight. He's posting this as much for the charity as he is to let everyone know he's not "one of those racists". A big problem in the upper class, Liberal world right now is protecting your public image by doubling down on hatred. It's not enough to hate Nazis anymore, you have to REALLY hate Nazi's and make sure everyone else knows it.:sleepy:

• Like 6

While I do lean left, I also recognize that BOTH sides of the aisle have their share of intolerant *******s. This guy is just trying to collect money to pocket himself. He is a douche and should be shut down IMMEDIATELY.

In this time of disaster and fundraising, I refuse to donate to the Red Cross. There are so many more local, hands on groups that I know are getting out there and helping rescue people - like the Cajun Navy who rescued a 73 year old woman who they found floating in the water face down - rather than the Red Cross that just gives you a blanket and a pat on the back. Hell, I don't attend church, but I would donate to a church organization who has loaded up three 18-wheelers to take to Houston before I'd donate to the Red Cross. I trust more local organizations with my money - especially here in New Orleans because these people have real world experience in what to do. They are groups full of people who survived Katrina or survived the massive flooding in Baton Rouge last year.

If anyone has a right to balk at federal money being given to the people in Texas, it's the people of New Jersey who were affected by Hurricane Sandy in 2012 who Ted Cruz didn't want to help.

• Like 5

That's disgusting. They have since issued a full apology

We’re Horrified By Our Twitter Actions

There are no words to express the distaste and hateful words that our Social Media Coordinator unleashed on what was supposed to represent Charitable Humans, an organization that has engaged in global humanitarianism activities in war-torn and severely impoverished nations since 2005. The purpose of our charity was, and so remains, to make the world a better place by focusing on a larger mandate of cultivating a global citizenship initiative along with an online platform for active engagement, and a platform to help people and nonprofit organizations like ours further the reach and impact of good deeds.

Continued...https://www.charitablehumans.ngo/were-horrified-by-our-twitter-actions/

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Nonentity said:

If anyone has a right to balk at federal money being given to the people in Texas, it's the people of New Jersey who were affected by Hurricane Sandy in 2012 who Ted Cruz didn't want to help.

Interesting that both are conservative states.

Personally I believe disaster aid should never be political. It was appalling when it was done during Hurricane Sandy and if it's now in retaliation by eastern conservative senators it will be equally appalling

• Like 6

it is not just NJ, and it was not political.  Sandy affected entire eastern seaboard from Florida to Maine and west across the Appalachian Mountains to Michigan and Wisconsin, with particularly severe damage in New Jersey and New York.

ted along with about 20 others from TX. voted against sandy help relief. 

funny thing is the vote was for federal aid, however majority of aid came from insurance companies, not gvmnt, and now fema wants to get 6m back

as far as NJ goes, they only got 15M , of federal funds. for the entire state.

Edited by aztek

What I've noticed about charity and charitable people:

If one is a naturally charitable person, they will most likely attribute this same characteristic to others and be of the opinion that charity is best handled on a personal level (volunteerism, good works, donations, etc...) and through non government organizations.

If one is not a charitable person, they are likely to attribute this same characteristic to others and be of the opinion that government needs to extract money (at the point of a gun if necessary) in order to take care of who they deem the "less fortunate".

These same uncharitable souls will also virtue signal like nobody's business that they are the most charitable and compassionate beings in existence... but that's another story.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Personally I believe disaster aid should never be political. It was appalling when it was done during Hurricane Sandy and if it's now in retaliation by eastern conservative senators it will be equally appalling

No I don't think there's any money being withheld, at least on the federal level. They will get what they need as they should.

35 minutes ago, Nonentity said:

No I don't think there's any money being withheld, at least on the federal level. They will get what they need as they should.

why not? there is  always money withheld.

WASHINGTON -- New Jersey got only $15 million of the $326 million requested in disaster relief under a program funded in the Hurricane Sandy aid package in part because the state submitted "a weaker application," a top federal official said Thursday. 

The award, announced Thursday by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro at an event in Norfolk, Va., will go to help communities develop plans to address flooding risks, including looking at building codes.

New Jersey missed out on a potential $236 million in federal funds for water pumping stations, berms, wetland restoration and other measures in the Meadowlands to help reduce flooding; as well as $75 million for a New Jersey Transit bus garage in Secaucus as part of an effort to help the state recover economically from Sandy.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/01/did_weak_application_cost_nj_millions_in_disaster.html

Wow what a slime ball :angry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I wouldn't really count NJ as conservative but I guess that's up for debate 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aztek said:

why not? there is  always money withheld.

WASHINGTON -- New Jersey got only $15 million of the $326 million requested in disaster relief under a program funded in the Hurricane Sandy aid package in part because the state submitted "a weaker application," a top federal official said Thursday. 

The award, announced Thursday by Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro at an event in Norfolk, Va., will go to help communities develop plans to address flooding risks, including looking at building codes.

New Jersey missed out on a potential $236 million in federal funds for water pumping stations, berms, wetland restoration and other measures in the Meadowlands to help reduce flooding; as well as $75 million for a New Jersey Transit bus garage in Secaucus as part of an effort to help the state recover economically from Sandy.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/01/did_weak_application_cost_nj_millions_in_disaster.html

That's what is going to slam the victims next.  Most don't have even have flood insurance.  The insurance hi-jinks and the scammers are going to be the second disaster they face. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I wouldn't really count NJ as conservative but I guess that's up for debate 

Oops, the Canadian in me instinctively uses the term conservative over republican

• Like 3

Not that it matters, but Houston is a Blue city. Tragic events should transcend political philosophies. I would help commies or Nazis if they lost their homes. It's even worse that millions of conservative Republicans, who voted for Trump, would help this childish clown if he lost his home.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Oops, the Canadian in me instinctively uses the term conservative over republican

Some people would disagree with me, but I think conservative/Republican and liberal/Democrat are interchangeable. Neither are an insult in my opinion.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Some people would disagree with me, but I think conservative/Republican and liberal/Democrat are interchangeable. Neither are an insult in my opinion.

I just meant NJ is a blue state most of the time.

When Chris Christy was running one of his talking points was that he managed to win as a republican in NJ

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Neither should they be..

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Do you remember "back in the old days" when we had 'Progressive Conservatives'?

That's a concept lost on most.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

That's disgusting. They have since issued a full apology

Right move with the apology, but I didn't see anything in the statement about them removing the "Social Media Coordinator" from the organization?

I don't know whether it's a paid job or not, but you'd think they'd be keen to distance themselves from this clown.

• Like 3