Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Ellapennella

The City Of David

56 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

I can make a new topic about that , this thread isn't the place for that.

Ok.

I think that is a good idea. If it has come across as disrespect to this thread or to you Ella, that is not my intent.

I am a fervent follower of Jesus. He is my Master and my maker. I hold Christianity in high regard, also the scriptures.

However, like you said, I have the ability to use my free will to make determinations about everything, and that includes Christian doctrine, and conventional Christian interpretation of it.

One thing is for sure about Jesus. He was not conventional in any way, and I interpret that following him means, that's what he expects of his disciples too. 

While following, live without trying to put oneself into someone else's mold.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Ok.

I think that is a good idea. If it has come across as disrespect to this thread or to you Ella, that is not my intent.

I am a fervent follower of Jesus. He is my Master and my maker. I hold Christianity in high regard, also the scriptures.

However, like you said, I have the ability to use my free will to make determinations about everything, and that includes Christian doctrine, and conventional Christian interpretation of it.

One thing is for sure about Jesus. He was not conventional in any way, and I interpret that following him means, that's what he expects of his disciples too. 

While following, live without trying to put oneself into someone else's mold.

It's up I made it. I made it from what you said. You are the one who inspired it. 

Edited by Ellapennella

4 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

The saddest of all is the attitude of the people in our times that are perverting the scriptures into something that is so far from the truth. I believe they are referred to as whores who have prostituted their souls out to other forms of worship that is not biblical and they all who do so have no respect in all that David loved. He was truly the apple of God's eye. He wasn't perfect but he so loved God.

eta

You do know that Melchizedek was not God right? I didn't see where you corrected it when that was told to you.

Yeah, of course, he is referred to as a king, and a priest of God. I hadn't done my homework on him yet though, so I didn't reply.

Posted (edited)

Something interesting about David, Psalm 110:1

David says,

"The LORD says to my lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet."

Then Jesus takes this a step further in a conversation He has with the Pharisees in Matthew 22:41-45:

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, "What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?" "The son of David," they replied. He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'Lord? For he says, "The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet." "If then David calls him 'Lord,' how can he be his son?" No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

It seems like David had prior knowledge of Jesus by how those passages relate.

Edited by WoIverine

Posted (edited)

It seems the Bible is rather cryptic,  for example 'City of David' is introduced in 2 Samuel 5:7, follow the clues and you end up in Armageddon 

2Sa 5:9
So David dwelt in the fort, and called it the city of David. And David built round about from Millo and inward.

Judges 9:20   Shechem   'the house of Millo  ' 
   'Beth-Ma'allon '  ( Βηθμααλλων ) 

Gen 33:18
And Jacob came to Shalem, a city of Shechem  in the land of Canaan 

Psa 108:7
God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.

Gen 33:17
And Jacob journeyed to Succoth and built him an house, therefore the name of the place is called Succoth

Exo 12:37
And the children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth

1Ki 7:46
In the plain of Jordan did the king cast them, in the (Moab-Adam)clay ground  between Succoth and Zarthan.

Jos 3:16
That the waters which came down from above stood androse up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan

1Ki 4:12
 Taanach, Megiddo, and a Bethshean, which is by Zaretan  beneath Jezreel,

Jdg 5:19
Taanach by the waters of Megiddo

Zec 12:11
In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the (biq`ah)valley of Megiddo

Armageddon    ' Tower of Syria'  ( Arm-Megiddo) 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baalbek
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beqaa_Valley

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/baalbek-myth-megalith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamouh_el_Hermel

Edited by Helot

Thousands of years of vitriolic hatred and murder over some stones on a hill. Now we discover it was all just as pointless as any 'sane' person always knew. Don't worry though, we can put some different stones on a different hill and argue over those instead.

The future of mankind is assured.