Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO enthusiasts are flocking to Devils Tower

UM-Bot

21 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

could you please pass the potatoes. I have a mountain to build

LMAO  :D  HS, Terry Garr just left with my kids!  Better grab the hose and get  the ridges right.  Movie drove me nuts the first time but the pay off was great, hope to see it at the theater with my young son.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

As long as they don't let Spielburg change all the police and military into guys holding walkie talkies, rather then guns.... (a la ET...)

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, Hammerclaw said:

They'll conjure them up, never-the-less, by reinforcing each-others dreams and fantasies through the collective gestalt of the imagination. Belief in UFOS and/or extraterrestrial intelligence bears a striking resemblance to religion, in many respects.

Hey Hammer. Please understand, I take no offense to what you said here. In fact I'm sure I'd be among you as a skeptic. I cant help but to think though, what about us folks who never cared, let alone imagined such things to be real, yet were forced to confront this reality? Now don't get me wrong, Im not saying ET's have visited us. I can say for certain that there are flying saucers though. If this is a religion, then I'm saint Paul who was struck down on the road to Damascus. I didn't seek to land on Plymouth rock. Plymouth rock landed on me. lol  

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, preacherman76 said:

Hey Hammer. Please understand, I take no offense to what you said here. In fact I'm sure I'd be among you as a skeptic. I cant help but to think though, what about us folks who never cared, let alone imagined such things to be real, yet were forced to confront this reality? Now don't get me wrong, Im not saying ET's have visited us. I can say for certain that there are flying saucers though. If this is a religion, then I'm saint Paul who was struck down on the road to Damascus. I didn't seek to land on Plymouth rock. Plymouth rock landed on me. lol  

No worries. I accept without reservation you believe you saw flying saucers. Question is, can you prove it? The sky is full of things the average joe can't identify or misidentifies. Without contextual supporting evidence it takes a leap of faith to conclude they could never be identified as something mundane. So, at the gathering at Devil's Tower there'll be dozens or more, such as you, swapping accounts, each sincerely believing he saw something extraordinary and each reinforcing the other's belief that they did, too. 

• Like 1

I'm a wistful skeptic or sceptic, as they say in the rest of the British diaspora. I want U.F.O.s to be something fantastic, something extraordinary, be it ET's or natural phenomena. I cut my teeth on Ufology when I was twelve with Frank Edward's Flying Saucers, Serious Business. However, after half a century since, there's been no hard science confirmation, at all.  I'm a willing believer, with factual evidence to support that belief, but anecdotal tales, how ever sincere, just won't cut it, anymore. I want proof.

Edited by Hammerclaw