Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rise of a 'master' woo myth of our history

Hanslune

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hey guys we are yukking it up in the end of the world thread

jmccr8

What thread is that?

55 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

That's nice of you. It will entertain those listening in.

I've always known about the CIA and microwaves, given my involvement with the Cabal. But the CIA got very bored with me and stopped listening in when I started reciting Romantic Movement poetry from the late eighteenth century. Especially Coleridge. I simultaneously blasted Iron Maiden's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" in the background, as accompaniment.

Signature

Edited by Harte
Blatant self-promotion
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

september 23 2017 and revelations

Thanks.

I just scrolled through that thread. Looks like it was jokes from the start.

I don't know some of the posters in that section of UM. Is anyone taking that seriously?

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Thanks.

I just scrolled through that thread. Looks like it was jokes from the start.

I don't know some of the posters in that section of UM. Is anyone taking that seriously?

Absolutely the humor is just to ward of the fear of death and destruction.

jmccr8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Absolutely the humor is just to ward of the fear of death and destruction.

jmccr8

Well, then, joke it up...till September 23. Then we're all toast.

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Well, then, joke it up...till September 23. Then we're all toast.

Naw I'll be laughing longer than that I bought a high end coffin to stash  full of booze just in case I end up still here and I don't spend that kind of cash lightly.

jmccr8

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

As I said in a thread in another forum, the first 15 times someone said it was the end of the world, I was skeptical. But I totes believe it this time. Freals.

(I've also pointed out that end of the world prophecies literally have a zero per cent success rate. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind huckstering folks with such an obvious failure rate.)

--Jaylemurph

8 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

As I said in a thread in another forum, the first 15 times someone said it was the end of the world, I was skeptical. But I totes believe it this time. Freals.

(I've also pointed out that end of the world prophecies literally have a zero per cent success rate. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind huckstering folks with such an obvious failure rate.)

--Jaylemurph

Ah yes the old 100% rate of failure. Yet the predictors also have a 100% rate of dying off themselves therefore, in a way, the world does end for them.

• Like 1

Ooh, listening to a podcast right now. I'd forgotten that digital and download have caught on in the woo woo crowd lately too. 

1 hour ago, ShadowSot said:

Ooh, listening to a podcast right now. I'd forgotten that digital and download have caught on in the woo woo crowd lately too. 

Hope that you are weathering the conditions in good form (pun intended). However, do be cautious. The combination of extended semi-confinement and woo podcasts could be potentially damaging to your psychological well-being.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I thought that was the cell phones. Is it TV?

Damn, I keep my cell phone in my front pocket and I often sit close to the TV. I'm screwed.

Ummm ... Dude !  That 'front pocket' , the one with a zipper on it , is NOT a pocket ! 

Pockets be on the side of your pants !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Swede said:

Hope that you are weathering the conditions in good form (pun intended). However, do be cautious. The combination of extended semi-confinement and woo podcasts could be potentially damaging to your psychological well-being.

Oh, my psychological is already well damaged. Needs a kickstart every morning as is. 

• Like 1

Oh, my psychological is already well damaged. Needs a kickstart every morning as is. 

Chuckle! Allow the passing of years, as they will, to mitigate your current perspective. You are yet young. As to the immediate, do take good care.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

--Jaylemurph

I happen to know that the world will in fact end at 11:46 tonight. But if you send me all of your bank account and credit card numbers, I and I alone can save you.

#notahuckster

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Isn't that why God invented coffee?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Isn't that why God invented coffee?

I need three pots, boiled down to a cup and seasoned with the tears of Georgio Tsoukalos just to open my eyes these days. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I need three pots, boiled down to a cup and seasoned with the tears of Georgio Tsoukalos just to open my eyes these days. 

That, my friend, sounds like a dangerous brew. If you don't condense Georgio's tears just right, they can be quite toxic.

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

That, my friend, sounds like a dangerous brew. If you don't condense Georgio's tears just right, they can be quite toxic.

I outsource that, to complicated before I have my cuppa. 

It's done humanely, they tickle him in his sleep until he starts to cry. He just thinks it's a weekly abduction. 

• Like 2

I outsource that, to complicated before I have my cuppa. 

It's done humanely, they tickle him in his sleep until he starts to cry. He just thinks it's a weekly abduction. 

He's never been abducted. As any sensible person knows, aliens aren't real.

The truth is (keep this to yourself), we of the Cabal own the History Channel. Well, Disney does, but we own Disney. Ancient Aliens is our show. Every night while tickling Giorgio, we give him an injection of some wacky woo drugs and hypnotize him into thinking he's been abducted. He takes his nonsense to Ancient Aliens, and that drives ratings to the History Channel. It's a money-maker for us.

But be careful with Giorgio's tears. You wouldn't want to consume any residue of our wacky woo drugs.

6 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

The truth is (keep this to yourself), we of the Cabal own the History Channel. Well, Disney does, but we own Disney. Ancient Aliens is our show. Every night while tickling Giorgio, we give him an injection of some wacky woo drugs and hypnotize him into thinking he's been abducted. He takes his nonsense to Ancient Aliens, and that drives ratings to the History Channel. It's a money-maker for us.

But be careful with Giorgio's tears. You wouldn't want to consume any residue of our wacky woo drugs.

That does explain the extra kick. And the hair. 

10 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Reminds me of something Grant Morrison once mentioned.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5659688/grant-morrison-talking-with-gods-explains-the-method-behind-the-magic

The other half of the film is concerned with the mythic Morrison, the freewheeling four-color savant who was abducted by aliens in Kathmandu, met Jesus Christ while terribly ill, and spends his evenings chatting with starstruck strippers about quantum mechanics.

I want to be abducted by aliens .... the visiting  women's Swedish basketball team will do fine thanks .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Well if the idea is to destroy woo by making it look wacky - you are succeeding!

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-ancient-aliens-s12e15-the-alien-disks

• Like 1