Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Had a Horrible Nightmare after putting smokey

Lunamagenta

quartz and amethyst under my pillow. This is not the first time I have slept with them under my pillow and never have had this happen before. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be that caused it? 

Your belief that it would..?

I have nightmares only very rarely, and who knows what triggers some of them.  Clearly you wouldn't have put the stones there if you didn't have some reason to do so... so your expectations were accepted and your mind gave you a result... 

• Like 2

Welcome to UM Luna :st

You might get a wide range of responses, from the mundane to spooky, and everywhere in between. Smokey quartz is supposed to help prompt dreaming, and amethyst to help with dreaming too, so I'm assuming you were trying to promote dreaming by putting them under your pillow. Sometimes nightmares can happen even when we endeavor to have good and pleasant dreams. Perhaps your subconscious needed to work the dream out in a nightmare for some reason- maybe you watched or read something that translated badly in the dream. Maybe you are going through an issue that is translating darkly in your dream, or you are fearful or anxious about something.

Maybe crystals don't have any effect at all, or maybe they do and yours needs cleaning/charging/setting. Maybe the crystals are working fine, and your mind took the crystal oomph to a nightmare that had extra juice.

• 3 weeks later...

Traditionally amethyst is supposed to enhance the psyche or something and quartz is said to be a general amplifier that can be paired with any stone.

That said I have to concur with CHrLzs in that you may have already planted an expectation into your subconscious and maybe did not keep in mind the type of thoughts and intentions you were entertaining at the moment.

Sometimes just the very thought of having these stones under your pillow is enough to condition your mind into thinking they give you nightmares because of a previously occurring coincidence.

Perhaps you would be better served to contemplate and address your real-life issues via equally real-life solutions before diving into the questionable realm of mysticism because that too becomes an addiction that allows you to escape responsibility for life by hiding behind stones, wands and gibberish-laden chants.

• Like 2

Welcome to UM Lunamagenta, 

Dreams are the way our minds re-file our thoughts and experiences.  It is our default, overnight, mental spring clean.

I hope I'm not overstepping when I speculate over the possibility that you are currently going through some stressful life situations, that might prompt you to look for external ways to help. Crystal healing certainly helps focus the user, and provides comfort, but the subconscious mind is not so easily gratified.

I don't know what your nightmare was, and I don't know what your situation is, so I can't accurately help you, specifically, but what I can do is give a reference to one reason we have nightmares.

An individual may suffer nightmares when they are not handling a situation in their life in the best way they know they can. It's not always apparent to the individual and may take quite a lot of introspection to diagnose what you are actually unhappy about behavior wise, but once you recognize it and are honest with yourself about it, the nightmares go away.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 2:06 AM, ChrLzs said:

Your belief that it would..?

I have nightmares only very rarely, and who knows what triggers some of them.  Clearly you wouldn't have put the stones there if you didn't have some reason to do so... so your expectations were accepted and your mind gave you a result... 

To add a little to this. The crystals in question are basically psychological trigger items. So whatever expectations and anxieties you had before going to sleep figuratively manifested as a nightmare. Very similar to how a luck charm can change your subjective filter (perception). You become more aware of those thoughts, feelings, and expectations that are associated with said item. Maybe next time it'll be best to meditate before bed to ease your mind.

2 hours ago, Ryu said:

Traditionally amethyst is supposed to enhance the psyche or something and quartz is said to be a general amplifier that can be paired with any stone.

That said I have to concur with CHrLzs in that you may have already planted an expectation into your subconscious and maybe did not keep in mind the type of thoughts and intentions you were entertaining at the moment.

Sometimes just the very thought of having these stones under your pillow is enough to condition your mind into thinking they give you nightmares because of a previously occurring coincidence.

Perhaps you would be better served to contemplate and address your real-life issues via equally real-life solutions before diving into the questionable realm of mysticism because that too becomes an addiction that allows you to escape responsibility for life by hiding behind stones, wands and gibberish-laden chants.

True, but don't underestimate the power of gibberish-laden chants to work on the psyche. They do. 

• Like 2

On 05/09/2017 at 6:03 AM, Lunamagenta said:

quartz and amethyst under my pillow. This is not the first time I have slept with them under my pillow and never have had this happen before. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be that caused it? 

Smoke energy can escape from the crystals in the form of dark spiritual entities.  Stuffing your pillow with Sage before putting the crystals there should stop it happening in future.  That or try rose tinted crystals which only give off flower energy.