Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Someone shaking my bed at night?

southerngothic

I've been searching this up online ever since it started about three years ago and I've heard similar stories but none that completely fit what I have been experiencing. 

To start off with I have a history of sleep paralysis. It often happens when I wake up in the morning and can't move. I've heard loads of stories about people seeing dark shadows and demons but I never really got that. Once I felt as if someone was standing behind me when I was paralyzed facing the wall of my room (bed was built into wall) but that's it. For the past few years, every so often, I will feel the bed shake. Not to a violent extent but as if someone is pushing the mattress or tugging at it to get my attention. Kind of like someone shaking you awake. People have said sleep paralysis causes those kind of things but this has happened both late at night and during the day. I thought maybe it was in my head at first but once while it was happening I had my laptop on my bed and the laptop shook too. 

Other experiences I've had was as if a cat was walking around/kneading around my legs and groin. Sometimes it will feel like there is a heavy weight settled on top of my legs like a phantom cat. We've had cats in the past and still do but the cats never come into my room. Possibly a spirit of a former pet? I don't know if it's connected to the bed shaking incidents. Once, there was even feeling someone kissing me or breathing lightly over my lips that continued even when I lay in bed with my eyes open.

I personally believe in ghosts but I know a true haunting is rare and as far as I know, I've never lived anywhere haunted. I think it is fair to mention, though, that it tends to happen a lot more when I'm feeling really low and depressed. Back when it started up, I had gotten close to taking my own life. When I was laying in bed mulling on those feelings, I think that was the first time it happened. It's happened on and off ever since then but I can remember it spiking during low periods. Recently, I had a big argument with my parents (who I stayed with for a couple of weeks between university) where some really harsh words were exchanged and when I started dwelling on their words, it got worse.

I'm honestly not sure whether it's all in my head or not. I've heard sometimes bad energy you put off can attract things, or manifest itself in different ways, so I'm trying to keep as positive as I can even though I'm currently struggling quite a bit with stress and other worries.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hammerclaw

• GlitterRose

• southerngothic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a saying that goes...it's all in your head, you just have no idea how big your head is.

Basically, it means we can affect more than we realize. And for some reason, particular people experiencing trauma or depression, grief, etc., seem to be able to manifest phenomena. 

I'm speaking from experience on this, and yes...some very similar to yours. Even escalating from there. 

It's not really good for us, either. 

You can oust it all. I don't know what belief system you have, but either use something from that, or you can look up the LBRP online. There's a youtube of it, tells you exactly what to do. And it works. Another good meditation to balance things out is the Middle Pillar exercise. 

Edited by ChaosRose

3 hours ago, southerngothic said:

I've been searching this up online ever since it started about three years ago and I've heard similar stories but none that completely fit what I have been experiencing. 

To start off with I have a history of sleep paralysis. It often happens when I wake up in the morning and can't move. I've heard loads of stories about people seeing dark shadows and demons but I never really got that. Once I felt as if someone was standing behind me when I was paralyzed facing the wall of my room (bed was built into wall) but that's it. For the past few years, every so often, I will feel the bed shake. Not to a violent extent but as if someone is pushing the mattress or tugging at it to get my attention. Kind of like someone shaking you awake. People have said sleep paralysis causes those kind of things but this has happened both late at night and during the day. I thought maybe it was in my head at first but once while it was happening I had my laptop on my bed and the laptop shook too. 

Other experiences I've had was as if a cat was walking around/kneading around my legs and groin. Sometimes it will feel like there is a heavy weight settled on top of my legs like a phantom cat. We've had cats in the past and still do but the cats never come into my room. Possibly a spirit of a former pet? I don't know if it's connected to the bed shaking incidents. Once, there was even feeling someone kissing me or breathing lightly over my lips that continued even when I lay in bed with my eyes open.

I personally believe in ghosts but I know a true haunting is rare and as far as I know, I've never lived anywhere haunted. I think it is fair to mention, though, that it tends to happen a lot more when I'm feeling really low and depressed. Back when it started up, I had gotten close to taking my own life. When I was laying in bed mulling on those feelings, I think that was the first time it happened. It's happened on and off ever since then but I can remember it spiking during low periods. Recently, I had a big argument with my parents (who I stayed with for a couple of weeks between university) where some really harsh words were exchanged and when I started dwelling on their words, it got worse.

I'm honestly not sure whether it's all in my head or not. I've heard sometimes bad energy you put off can attract things, or manifest itself in different ways, so I'm trying to keep as positive as I can even though I'm currently struggling quite a bit with stress and other worries.

Brown Jenkin.