Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

X10+ solar flare earth bound

preacherman76

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

I see, so you were being serious ? 

There is no scientific research to back up what I am saying, so how can I possibly be serious?

3 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You do know the Deathstar is fictional don't you ?

Yes I know that the Deathstar is fictional. Is'nt it amazing how similiar the death star is to our sun. Its huge and round and has sunspots that look like planet killing death rays. I wonder if G. Lucas actually knew about the sun and sunspots and if it influenced his creation of the death star? If, not it is extremely coincidental.

5 hours ago, Nzo said:

There is no scientific research to back up what I am saying, so how can I possibly be serious?

Since folk here are not mind readers, and all we have is text to go by, sometimes it's worth adding an emoticon so at least others know whether you are being humorous or not...just sayin! ;)..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Astra. said:

Since folk here are not mind readers, and all we have is text to go by, sometimes it's worth adding an emoticon so at least others know whether you are being humorous or not...just sayin! ;)..

I had no idea that people would take issue with me dissing the sun.  Which is a total surprise to me and makes me want to ask, what would have been your rebuttal had I been serious? I guess, maybe people still worship the sun?

I have a line of thought that I amuse myself with from time to time. There are some(cannot remember where I read it, probably a religious studies course in university or science fiction novel) that think that the sun is sentient. God(RA) for lack of a better understanding.  I think to myself, if this were to be true and this sun is sentient like all the other stars in the universe then why would it create a world where everything feeds off of one another, in a great orgy of sadistic displeasure and pain? I usually end that thought with 'of all the suns to be born around, why did it have to be this one?'

On 08/09/2017 at 3:02 PM, Calibeliever said:

I lost my ... *choke* ... *gasp* ... TV service for about 3 hours. 3 HOURS PEOPLE!!! The HORROR!

Yes, I feel the same way when the news talks about a 'disruption' that, translated, means some flights were grounded for a couple of hours. Give me a break! Most of those flights are wholly unnecessary and the whole industry's doomed anyway, since we're on our last oil and no one's come up with an electric passenger jet. A couple of flights being grounded is going to seem like a joke in a couple of years' time.

Edited by krone

On 14/09/2017 at 8:15 AM, Nzo said:

I think to myself, if this were to be true and this sun is sentient like all the other stars in the universe then why would it create a world where everything feeds off of one another, in a great orgy of sadistic displeasure and pain?

Not defending theology here but this is, i believe, the whole question that most religions were created to try and find an answer to. Whether one feels any of them have succeeded, and to which extent, is a whole other question.

Edited by krone