Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Noah's Ark Theme Park Recieves Tax Rebate

Aquila King

Ark Encounter, the Grant County amusement park that features a replica of Noah’s Ark, will get a $1.8 million tax rebate from Kentucky this year as part of its 10-year tourism tax incentive agreement with the state.

Under the agreement, Kentucky must pay the theme park $1.8 million a year for 10 years as long as the attraction generates at least that much is sales taxes from tickets, food and rides each year. Ark Encounter, which opened in early July 2016, generated more than $2.28 million in sales taxes in its first year, according to the Kentucky Department of Revenue.

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article171736687.html

Edited by Aquila King
  • Like 1

States make such decisions regularly as a benefit to their own economies.  Smart deal, IMO.

We used to have one of those round here. It was turned into an Indian restaurant. :hmm:

So Kentucky is getting a net gain of around $480,000.  If the amusement park can maintain or increase it's revenue, I guess it is a good deal.  I find the idea making of profit off of religion to be humorous. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

So, no; they are not giving this park anything, they just aren't collecting a certain amount of taxes that they can't afford to pay anyway.

Because ... business kinda sucks, apparently. 

Shocker, ain't it? :huh:

2 hours ago, Nonentity said:

Run on down to Florida and you can have a real ark encounter.

I feel bad that I laughed at this...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I feel bad that I laughed at this...

I'm the one who said it, so don't feel bad. :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nonentity said:

I'm the one who said it, so don't feel bad. :P

I feel like Trump denied climate change, and the climate was like... Hold my beer.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I don't care if it's for tourism, our tax dollars should stay as far away from it as possible.

Eh, it's an amusement park.  I'm fine with it as long as it generates more tax dollars than it takes in, which it seems to be doing.  Now if it were raking in millions tax free (like a certain Houston mega-church) I would be against any tax dollars going to it. 

• Like 3