Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

September 23 2017 and revelations

trevor borocz johnson

43 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Reminds me of Gods final message in Douglas Adams' "So long and thanks for all the fish"

"We apoologize for the inconvenience"

Nice catch ...

Reminds me also of the time I was part of a discussion about the 'holy' Books ... someone mentioned that the first thing God would have said was ...

" That's not my book ! "

~

Been meaning to post this sometime somewhere and now's as good a time as any ...

[00.02:42]

~

Edited by third_eye
afterthought
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

I think someone said God left a message ... "Sorry not today, I have a headache"

~

There is a great demand in the universe for end of the world events, apparently our's is on back order and will be placed on a priority list, it should be noted that due to the shortage only the worlds that need it the most will be served first.

In my drunken stupor I was able to reclassify our planets needs so it will be quite some time yet before our order will be delivered.

jmccr8 

Edited by jmccr8
Phone think I don't know that it's trying to reword comments
  • Like 3

I don't know who the guy is in the video, apparently, if I read it right, it was a David Meade who predicted this particular end of the world date. 

And, oh by the way, he was wrong. It's not the end. . It's the beginning of the end, now. :rolleyes:

Again, I don't get reveling in the end of the world. If people abide by their good religious beliefs, then I would think that they would wish good will and caring to all. Right?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I don't know who the guy is in the video, apparently, if I read it right, it was a David Meade who predicted this particular end of the world date. 

And, oh by the way, he was wrong. It's not the end. . It's the beginning of the end, now. :rolleyes:

Again, I don't get reveling in the end of the world. If people abide by their good religious beliefs, then I would think that they would wish good will and caring to all. Right?

I think the most dangerous thing about these doomsday obsessions, is the fact that some will actually take action to help fulfill these doomsday prophecies. For instance there are some religious nuts who support giving ALL of the land of Israel to the Jews rather than seek a cooperative peace in the middle east, because they believe that Jesus will only return once all the land of Israel is in the hands of the Jewish people. Now tell me, what good is a prophecy if you have to facilitate it yourself?

This is a BIG problem. As a wise man once said: the best way to predict the future, is to take action to insure it comes true.

The scary thing about all of these apocalypse obsessors is that in some way, I feel as if they somehow want the world to end...

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Ugh...I'm hopeless.

I derailed another one.

The first is acknowledging it. ;)  :tu:  :wacko:  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Is that not child abuse?:(

At least I think so. But then again I also find 'faith healing' to be child abuse, but we can't do anything about that because of 'religious liberty'. I know doomsday prepping isn't religious in nature (mostly), but I wonder if it's one of those things protected by law as well...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I think the most dangerous thing about these doomsday obsessions, is the fact that some will actually take action to help fulfill these doomsday prophecies. For instance there are some religious nuts who support giving ALL of the land of Israel to the Jews rather than seek a cooperative peace in the middle east, because they believe that Jesus will only return once all the land of Israel is in the hands of the Jewish people. Now tell me, what good is a prophecy if you have to facilitate it yourself?

Good point. 

And I remember, and I think it was the Mayan, 12/12/12 prophecy, where a lot of the doomsday sayers, who gave all their money, (and one's with kids. :o ) because of this. This burns me up, and it's not because they messed up their lives for this, but they dragged their kids into it. 

8 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

The scary thing about all of these apocalypse obsessors is that in some way, I feel as if they somehow want the world to end...

Again, in which I don't get!!! :o  :no:  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Good point. 

And I remember, and I think it was the Mayan, 12/12/12 prophecy, where a lot of the doomsday sayers, who gave all their money, (and one's with kids. :o ) because of this. This burns me up, and it's not because they messed up their lives for this, but they dragged their kids into it. 

Again, in which I don't get!!! :o  :no:  

(technically it was 12/21/12, but yeah. Not to be a butt. :P)

That really is the saddest part in all of these things, the children. :( Whether it be doomsday prep, faith healing, religious indoctrination, people who decide to 'ride out' hurricanes rather than flee only to die, etc etc. If it were grown adults making these decisions, I'd just roll my eyes and move on. :rolleyes: But when you involve children who aren't old enough to make these big decisions themselves, that's when we need to have a serious discussion about whether or not we should consider it child abuse. I know it's a controversial subject, but it's a subject worthy of debate I think.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

(technically it was 12/21/12, but yeah. Not to be a butt. :P)

Oh, yeah! Now, I remember! 

My bad!!

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

That really is the saddest part in all of these things, the children. :( Whether it be doomsday prep, faith healing, religious indoctrination, people who decide to 'ride out' hurricanes rather than flee only to die, etc etc. If it were grown adults making these decisions, I'd just roll my eyes and move on. :rolleyes: But when you involve children who aren't old enough to make these big decisions themselves, that's when we need to have a serious discussion about whether or not we should consider it child abuse. I know it's a controversial subject, but it's a subject worthy of debate I think.

I agree. 

• Like 2

FB_IMG_1506354460038.jpg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Thoughts?

what? thoughts on what?

Well, looks like everybody's still here. Although the North Korea thing seems to be getting worse each day, and then there's the earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.

1 hour ago, Timonthy said:

Thoughts?

Logically, it's very kewl and well throughout.  No doubt that this is going to be at least one of the signs preceding the Second Coming.  Since this seems to happen about 5 times in a thousand years, all we can do is narrow down when.  The bottom line is that we still won't know.

1 hour ago, Ghost Orchid said:

FB_IMG_1506354460038.jpg

I LOL'd so hard to this. ^

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I LOL'd so hard to this. ^

In the movie Skyline, that scene doesn't end well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

In the movie Skyline, that scene doesn't end well.

They made a movie with this in it? :lol: Oh that's rich!

...sorry, won't derail the thread any further. :wacko: don't anyone reply to that...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Your OP vs reality.

ye hypocrite

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

They made a movie with this in it? :lol: Oh that's rich!

...sorry, won't derail the thread any further. :wacko: don't anyone reply to that...

Believe me, they weren't going to Heaven.                                                                Skyline-Movie-2010-Wallpaper5-artwork339

• Like 4

For some, Faith isn't enough; they want some sort of personal revelation or epiphany. The end of the world, happening according to biblical prophecy, would be for them, the ultimate affirmation.                                                              https://youtu.be/lsHcx9JWswE

• Like 1

Any christian making claims about the day and hour (see Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.) are making themselves equal to the Father and this is blasphemy. Anyone else, enjoy your freedom to speculate. :tsu:

• Like 4