Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia probes kick into high gear

Farmer77

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That's a fair point. She likely lost to Trump for the same reason that Moore lost to Jones. She and he were horrible candidates who were odious to scores of objective citizens. Their losses aren't that shocking.

I also think that a fair percentage of people that eventually voted for Trump were reticent (or ashamed) to admit it at poll time.

"Hold your nose and vote" voters.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lilly said:

Back onto the Russia probe, we now really need to find out what the "insurance policy" is that Strzok was talking about in his emails to his FBI lawyer mistress.

Here's what the concern is about: We know Clinton paid Fusion GPS (in the spring of 2016) to commission Christopher Steele to contact Russian agents to provide the information that would become the 'Trump dossier' that Steele personally compiled. Steele himself has stated that the dossier was given to the FBI in July of 2016.  Fusion GPS was paid $1.02 million while Steele received $168,000 for the dossier...what happened to the rest of the money? Now it appears it was Peter Strzok who analyzed that dossier and promoted it as being valid intelligence. There's some strong suspicion that this was then used to obtain FISA warrants allowing the FBI to spy on members of the Trump campaign due to their supposedly being in cahoots with the Russians.  

This all stinks to high heaven. If this is how it went down then I highly suspect there will be massive repercussions.

The people should DEMAND that those intimately involved with the FISA warrants explain what role that dossier played.  If it was used in ANY way to justify the investigation then those involved should be named, shamed and then prosecuted to the fullest measure the law allows.  Mark Levin had it right way back in February... this is an attempt at a silent coup.  Traitors should have the option of death or exile.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I also think that a fair percentage of people that eventually voted for Trump were reticent (or ashamed) to admit it at poll time.

"Hold your nose and vote" voters.

That's true. They could be insulted or ostracized by family and friends. It indeed was a Hobson's Choice for many voters on both sides. It all probably comes down to the fact that the Democrats ran the one candidate that Trump could beat.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, and then said:

The people should DEMAND that those intimately involved with the FISA warrants explain what role that dossier played.  If it was used in ANY way to justify the investigation then those involved should be named, shamed and then prosecuted to the fullest measure the law allows.  Mark Levin had it right way back in February... this is an attempt at a silent coup.  Traitors should have the option of death or exile.

I agree with almost all of that. The last sentence might be a bridge too far, though. :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

I agree with almost all of that. The last sentence might be a bridge too far, though. :lol:

Yeah, rather than "death or exile", just move to Canada.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

The polls during the election were intentionally deceptive. 

I watched them being called out week after week and shown exactly why they were wrong it was right in the fine print. They were way over sampling democrats 

The irony of this is so delicious.  I'm pretty sure that they so over-sold the idea of him being unelectable that it convinced the wrong group of voters to neglect to go to the polls.  His margin of victory in those traditionally Blue states was relatively narrow.  Hoist on their own petard :w00t:  I think this is at least a part of what is making the Progs so hysterical.  Those in the know have realized that they just blew the election strategically.  Of course, the dawning horror of the trail of criminal activity that she wouldn't be there to cover up is part of it also.  A good offense is always the best defense.  The shrieking from the Left won't stop even if we begin to see some of them being perp-walked.  Hell, they might really come unglued and start something stupid.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

I said that I'd leave if Trump won. But it didn't really count.

Just a quick aside - are you aware of ANY immigrants that have used that reason for coming to Canada?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yeah, rather than "death or exile", just move to Canada.

That'd be cool, I guess.  From what little I know of Canada, there are parts of the great white north that would qualify for "exile" :w00t:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Just a quick aside - are you aware of ANY immigrants that have used that reason for coming to Canada?

Well our immigration website crashed a few times because of inquiries, but yes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/19/americans-move-canada-trump-bush-immigration

That's a small sample, of course.

• Like 3

Just now, and then said:

That'd be cool, I guess.  From what little I know of Canada, there are parts of the great white north that would qualify for "exile" :w00t:

That's why 90% of us live within 100 miles of the border. I'm in the 10%.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Well our immigration website crashed a few times because of inquiries, but yes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/19/americans-move-canada-trump-bush-immigration

That's a small sample, of course.

Well, FWIW, if I had to leave the U.S. Canada would be my choice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, and then said:

Well, FWIW, if I had to leave the U.S. Canada would be my choice.

We went to Canada on a high school field trip. I was very impressed. The people were nice and polite, and the country was clean and neat. I wouldn't wish our leftist celebrities on them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

We went to Canada on a high school field trip. I was very impressed. The people were nice and polite, and the country was clean and neat. I wouldn't wish our leftist celebrities on them.

Sorry about Bieber. Our bad.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I would question any Republican under those circumstances. It could be that some people like to play the role of Satan's spokesman.

What, exactly, do you think the circumstances are?

52 minutes ago, and then said:

Then why are they spending roughly 1 million a month?

Because they're not doing it pro bono yet. Obviously.

• Like 1

3,730 pages of emails from the Trump Transition Team have been released under FOIA.

You can find them, here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

3,730 pages of emails from the Trump Transition Team have been released under FOIA.

You can find them, here.

Well one thing is becoming increasingly clear.  Unlike the Obama administration, which promised to be the most transparent administration ever, the Trump administration has been an open book since day one.

• Like 2

It sure looks like Mueller wants out and he wants it bad.

Will Trump take the bait and fire Mueller?

Or will he let Mueller continue to twist in the wind...

This week could get ugly.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I don’t think Trump will fire Mueller.   Right now it’s best to just step back and let things play out.

I agree.  Donald Trump is an intelligent individual.  He's precise and calculated even if it gets interpreted as loose and preemptive.  He doesn't ask.  He suggests and people react.  It's an amazing quality really.  What's most amazing is he doesn't bow down... Apologize when no apology is necessary.  He's a leader. And the freest nation ever in the history of man needs a  leader who exercises those rights everyday as an example of what the United States of America is all about.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

What, exactly, do you think the circumstances are?

Hillary *exactly* hid evidence since she's *exactly* dishonest. I'm not a partisan, so I would criticize Trump if he was in her place.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I agree.  Donald Trump is an intelligent individual.  He's precise and calculated even if it gets interpreted as loose and preemptive.  He doesn't ask.  He suggests and people react.  It's an amazing quality really.  What's most amazing is he doesn't bow down... Apologize when no apology is necessary.  He's a leader. And the freest nation ever in the history of man needs a  leader who exercises those rights everyday as an example of what the United States of America is all about.

If that wasn't the most Trump butt kissing post ever!  +10 :tu:

...and from a Canadian too. You get 10% bonus points.

Oh. Except you're anti-Zionist. How's that working out for you with the whole 'Jerusalem/capital' thing?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Oh. Except you're anti-Zionist. How's that working out for you with the whole 'Jerusalem/capital' thing?

I'm pretty sure that Trump knew exactly what he was doing.  He wants a considerable level of credibility so that when it's time for "peace" negotiations he can translate that into leverage.  I, for the first time in about 3 decades, actually believe a comprehensive deal can be reached.  That's not to say that a permanent peace will be achieved but a deal will be struck.  My guess is that it will require a timed implementation so that each move by one can be confirmed by the other before they move any further.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I changed my mind. Yeah it happens.  Just ask expandmymind.  It makes absolutely no sense to defend the Islamic religious sect when it boils down to personal freedoms.  Just none at all.  It's a total contradiction of reality.  Until Islam is globally reformed, which no Islamic country has even tried, maybe except Indonesia but don't hold your breath my allegiance lies with the state of Israel now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm pretty sure that Trump knew exactly what he was doing.  He wants a considerable level of credibility so that when it's time for "peace" negotiations he can translate that into leverage.  I, for the first time in about 3 decades, actually believe a comprehensive deal can be reached.  That's not to say that a permanent peace will be achieved but a deal will be struck.  My guess is that it will require a timed implementation so that each move by one can be confirmed by the other before they move any further.

With that one gesture an American mediated settlement can be kissed goodbye.

Maybe some other country.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked