Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Calling my name

Samantha1981

I was asleep one night and about 5: 30 in the morning I heard a lady call my full name like they do when your in a hospital I raised up and didn't see no one so I put my head back down and it came closer and said my name two more times we'll they say don't answer I didn't I was freaked out because I thought I was in the hospital and then come to find out I wasn't .the females voice came right beside my bed where I sleep and said my name two more times like she was waiting on a answer needless to say I didn't answer does anyone have idea what this could mean

I have good news for you, you are not alone and you can now ask for this to moved out of this section as it has nothing to do with ghosts etc.

Please read the article below.

But research shows that lots of people hear voices and most of them are not mentally unwell.

It’s a common human experience.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/hearing-voices/#.WbLX3POGPMw

There seems to be two theories about this type of thing. Some would say, because it happened while you were sleeping, or while starting to wake up, that its a hypnagogic hallucination. Basically that means part of your brain woke up, while other parts have not. So its like a fully conscious dream.

Others would say its more of a spiritual experience. Also because of you being asleep, or just waking up, that your brain can tune into other frequencies, or dimensions. And that a actual spirit spoke to you. From my experiences I can tell you answering the voice wouldn't harm you in anyway. In fact it could get very interesting.

Personally I'm torn between these two theories. I believe from personal experience that its possible either one could be true. I lean more towards it being just a manifestation of our brains. However I just cant seem to wrap my head around the fact that people have had the same experiences, with the same exact entities, all through time and all over the world. That's for those who experienced not only audio, but actually saw the entity who was speaking to them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Samantha1981 said:

I thought I was in the hospital

can you tell us how long ago you were in hospital? how long for and were you and are you on any medications?

When it woke me I laid there and acted like I went back to sleep it came closer and called my name again as I was starting to sit up on the side of the bed it called my name again

47 minutes ago, Samantha1981 said:

I was in the hospital 3 months ago no no meds

can i ask you why you were in hospital? where you there visiting a relative or friend or for you?

26 minutes ago, Samantha1981 said:

When it woke me I laid there and acted like I went back to sleep it came closer and called my name again as I was starting to sit up on the side of the bed it called my name again

have you heard about lucid dreaming? please note the regular thing with ALL these stories are you are all in bed and sleeping / waking up:

I hope you read the above link, here is another:

The experience is something like waking up in your dreams. It is as though you “come to” and find you are dreaming.

Lucid dreams used to be a topic within psychical research and parapsychology. Perhaps their incomprehensibility made them good candidates for being thought paranormal. More recently, however, they have begun to appear in psychology journals and have dropped out of parapsychology—a good example of how the field of parapsychology shrinks when any of its subject matter is actually explained.

https://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/articles/lucid-dreaming-awake-in-your-sleep/

6 minutes ago, Samantha1981 said:

I understand that but what I was trying to say is I actually thought it was the cops cause I felt two thumbs on the bed

WHAT?

ok, have noticed the ad libs have started to creep in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samantha1981 said:

Ha, that's crazy S***. I love this stuff.