Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread

Aquila King

1 hour ago, Ruby04 said:

I have a few on my friends list on Facebook.

One is over the top and judgy as hell of others.

To me, and I know this sounds counterintuitive as hell, but it's actually better that we kill and eat livestock.

Yes, I know that a lot of what goes on with farming is inhumane, but what was 'inhumane' was (if you wanna consider this such) breeding these animals down to where it is otherwise impossible for them to survive naturally out in the wild. Now, most livestock animals require human assistance in order to survive. Strip that away and they all die out miserably, and we humans face an even larger world hunger crisis.

I'm an animal lover, so I understand the vegan's mindset, but sometimes the cruel aspects of mother nature just can't be avoided. Best to just make the process as painless as possible, rather than upset the entire balance, if ya know what I mean.

That's just my thoughts on it anyway. People should eat what they want, I don't care. Just saying that eating meat doesn't mean you don't care about animals.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I just popped in to say Good Night!!   Getting up at 5:00 in the morning to go shopping!    :D   

Goodnight and goodluck TC.

They've started doing Black Friday here in Australia.

I would say it's stupid doing it here but I kind of brought 2 essential items for less then one item was originally selling for 

• Like 2

Just now, Aquila King said:

Never done anything Black Friday, and never will. It isn't worth it.

I brought the items online, other then that I haven't gone crazy looking for items I don't need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

I brought the items online, other then that I haven't gone crazy looking for items I don't need.

Online is one thing. Climbing over top of others in a store is another.

Hell, I prefer to shop at night cause I don't like the typical day crowd.

I couldn't imagine myself in a Black Friday mass.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I just popped in to say Good Night!!   Getting up at 5:00 in the morning to go shopping!    :D   

Wow, 5:00 in the morning? You are a serious Black Friday shopper! Have a great sleep and best of luck tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

Boxing day (day after Christmas, but the boxing day sales are 2 days after Christmas) sales are like that.

Here shops shut at 5 :( Supermarkets 9pm.

Kmart stays open until 7pm so does Target Monday to Friday.

Thursday night most shops stay open until 9pm, in the city (aka Adelaide rundle mall) its Friday night that's late night.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Black Friday can be great because of the deals. That's how I got a great TV and Tivo. But I also don't like the crowds and definitely prefer online shopping.

I love my TV and Tivo. You see, unlike you good folks, I don't have a life.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ruby04 said:

Boxing day (day after Christmas, but the boxing day sales are 2 days after Christmas) sales are like that.

Here shops shut at 5 :( Supermarkets 9pm.

Kmart stays open until 7pm so does Target Monday to Friday.

Thursday night most shops stay open until 9pm, in the city (aka Adelaide rundle mall) its Friday night that's late night.

It's kind of like that here, too, on Thanksgiving. We're closed till Monday at our place. I needed to go to the grocery store this morning and was kind of surprised it was open. I thought I'd feel guilty but no need: the place was packed with last-minute food shoppers such as I. I really wanted all of the employees to be at home with their families.

• Like 3

Fast food places are now allowed to legally be open on Christmas, but they have a surcharge added.

Pubs and other gambling places must close at 2pm for the day on Christmas, law brought in a few years back.

9 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Black Friday can be great because of the deals. That's how I got a great TV and Tivo. But I also don't like the crowds and definitely prefer online shopping.

I love my TV and Tivo. You see, unlike you good folks, I don't have a life.

I've mostly avoided the crowds cause of a rather extreme case of social phobia. I'm getting over it now, but I'm still socially awkward at times.

So yeah, I've kinda avoided it because I don't have a life to the contrary.

• Like 1

I don't like crowds it affects my Anxiety.

Plus way too many trashy people around

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

I gots Star Wars on the brain.

Can't wait for the new one, yet I realistically won't see it till long after it's release.

Yeah, if you don't like store crowds you must not like theater crowds, especially on the opening day of a film like Star Wars. I just wait for them to stream.

You should come to our museum tomorrow. Black Friday is one of the busiest days of the year. I actually look forward to it becuse it's the one place I enjoy crowds. And it will be crowded.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Yeah, if you don't like store crowds you must not like theater crowds, especially on the opening day of a film like Star Wars. I just wait for them to stream.

You should come to our museum tomorrow. Black Friday is one of the busiest days of the year. I actually look forward to it becuse it's the one place I enjoy crowds. And it will be crowded.

A museum with Black Friday crowds? I thought it was almost exclusively for retail stores and such. :huh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Chicks+love+Star+Wars.gif

Lol Crystal who just got married does, she'll see it opening weekend.

I don't mind the movies.

• Like 2

Just now, Aquila King said:

A museum with Black Friday crowds? I thought it was almost exclusively for retail stores and such. :huh:

You'd think, but I've been working there for fifteen years and Black Friday is always packed. It helps that this museum is one of the largest in the world, so it's a great family activity for everyone coming in to see relatives. And it also helps that some of Chicago's ritziest shopping is within walking distance. A long walk, but it's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow, so a lot of people will be out. We've had a miserable fall.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

You'd think, but I've been working there for fifteen years and Black Friday is always packed. It helps that this museum is one of the largest in the world, so it's a great family activity for everyone coming in to see relatives. And it also helps that some of Chicago's ritziest shopping is within walking distance. A long walk, but it's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow, so a lot of people will be out. We've had a miserable fall.

The closest 'major' museum near me is that BS Creation Museum by Ken Ham. :rolleyes:

Would love to know what you think of that place. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of commercials, but the photo from above comes from this one, which is quite possibly the cutest commercial mankind ever made:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm not a big fan of commercials, but the photo from above comes from this one, which is quite possibly the cutest commercial mankind ever made:

Vader kid is awesome

• Like 1

• The topic was locked