Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread

Aquila King

2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I've been a Simpsons fan for many years, but I think I get what you're saying. I still get a chuckle out of some of the new episodes, but just as often I say to the TV screen: "It's past time to wrap up this show."

That's Fox for you. Either run a good idea into the ground or kill it before it get started. No real middle ground. 

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

You could not possibly have kept a straight face. :lol::lol::lol:

I tried. Instead I sort of ended up with a weird grimace and a sort of noise like an elephant trumpet. 

• Like 4

I have a little story. It's not as funny as Shadow's, but here it goes.

Many, many, many, many years ago I used to be big time into woods crafts and used to tan my own deer hides. So during one deer season a friend bagged a beautiful deer and offered me its hide. To tan it correctly you need to get the animal's brains, which you smear into the hide after it's been removed. The enzymes in the brains break down the rigidity and make the hide buttery soft.

It's hard work but I extracted the deer's brains, and naively set them aside so I could go have lunch. When I returned it was to discover that my friend's dog had eaten all of the brains. So to town I went, and to a grocery store with a good butcher. He was quite young. He asked if he could help me and I said: "Yes, do you have any brains?"

I remember the look on his face to this day. :lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I tried. Instead I sort of ended up with a weird grimace and a sort of noise like an elephant trumpet. 

I'll bet it was one of those things where you took a bathroom break as soon as possible, and locked the door behind you. People were saying: "What's he doing in there? What's so funny?"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

2-dating-via-9gag.com_.jpg

Now that's commitment!

They left off the caption. Mickey is shouting: "Who's your daddy!"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Many, many, many, many years ago I used to be big time into woods crafts and used to tan my own deer hides. So during one deer season a friend bagged a beautiful deer and offered me its hide. To tan it correctly you need to get the animal's brains, which you smear into the hide after it's been removed. The enzymes in the brains break down the rigidity and make the hide buttery soft.

It's hard work but I extracted the deer's brains, and naively set them aside so I could go have lunch. When I returned it was to discover that my friend's dog had eaten all of the brains. So to town I went, and to a grocery store with a good butcher. He was quite young. He asked if he could help me and I said: "Yes, do you have any brains?"

So here I've been thinking you're just some lofty academic. But combat medic, wood worker, making your own leather... 

You ever punch a bear? 

Edited by ShadowSot
No, phone, I wrote punch because I meant to write punch. Punch is a word. It's a common word. Unlike, oh say Khufu which after a year and a half you still refuse to recognize.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Just imagine if he had casually said yes.

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Now that's commitment!

They left off the caption. Mickey is shouting: "Who's your daddy!"

Dang it, does it have to be every Disney character? :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

So here I've been thinking you're just some lofty academic. But combat medic, wood worker, making your own leather... 

You ever punch a bear? 

Not a wood worker, but I did a lot with leather. Oooh, take that how you want. :devil:

I've actually gotten very close to bears but have never punched one.  Back then I would've been content to spend the rest of my life in a log cabin deep in the northwoods of Minnesota, with a bear-skin rug by the fireplace and another bear in my bed. Um, rug, I mean.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I often say aluminum shavings get everywhere. But I'm here cracking walnuts, and I found shavings inside the nut itself. I give up. 

Lol yeah I find wood everywhere, thanks to Michael.

28 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

So, on my woodworking hobby I've been asked to make a shifter knob for an old sports car. 

Except the way it was phrased was "Hey, could you work and polish my knob for me? I like that dark ebony if you have any." 

I about hurt myself stopping myself from laughing. 

So many comments

• Like 1

I just have to say, here's Kmt presenting himself as a harmless old nerd for these many years and it turns out he's a retired BA. I feel lied too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ruby04 said:

Lol yeah I find wood everywhere, thanks to Michael.

So many comments

I know this guy pretty well, it was entirely innocent. But still. I think I bruised a rib. 

• Like 2

Just now, ShadowSot said:

I just have to say, here's Kmt presenting himself as a harmless old nerd for these many years and it turns out he's a retired BA. I feel lied too. 

A retired Big Ass?

Who said I retired?

• Like 3

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

A retired Big Ass?

Who said I retired?

Well, you know. Mummification. I assumed shrinkage. 

• Like 3

:lol: :whistle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I thought his mummy avi was wearing a hoodie too.

He's one lyin' sack o s**t.

• Like 2

LOL You're on fire tonight. Making all these great jokes while polishing that guy's knob...how do you do it? :P

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

LOL You're on fire tonight. Making all these great jokes while polishing that guy's knob...how do you do it? :P

Guys you have me at that crying from laughing point

• Like 1

Just now, Aquila King said:

(lol, that was a joke kmt. Don't take it serious. :P)

It was very good. I'm tired and can't think of a comeback. Dammit!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Black tar coffee. Also got tomorrow off to see Star Wars with my dad. I'm in good spirits. And not the whiskey kind. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShadowSot said:

Black tar coffee. Also got tomorrow off to see Star Wars with my dad. I'm in good spirits. And not the whiskey kind. 

I hope you have a great day. And it'll be Friday, no less! I'd love to see that movie.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked