Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
VerdeICe

Mask Maker

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was a famous mask maker. I made masks that made people beautiful. One day someone asked me to make a mask so beautiful it make anyone do what you said. This mask was different from my other masks, I didnt make it complicated. IT didnt have beautiful colors or elegant designs. It was simple, made of straw, with gold circles hanging off the edges and the eyes. But I felt it was the most powerful mask I had ever made. Because this mask made you a god. This mask did not need beauty to command others, there was an innate power that made your word law. A type of beauty that made you rule everything. 

When my costumer came she was not satisfied, It wasn't pretty she said. She wanted a mask so beautiful it made people do whatever she said. I told her that I studied a lot of women to make this mask.  I found that the beautiful ones actually controlled very little. It was something else that made people listen. I couldn't give her this mask. So she got mad and started a storm in the sky that would destroy me. So I put on the mask and demand the storm to leave. and it did. 

I liked this dream. There were more details, like how I revived the mask at a party and how everyone knew I was a mask maker. But they are not cohesive details. 

Edited by VerdeICe
4 people like this

Masks and mythology seem to go together.  Have you an interest in either as it pertains to the other?  Or, do you know what powers have been ascribed to them?  For example, since practitioners during the outbreak of the bubonic plague in Shakespeare's day wore masks and witchdoctors are said to wear them, the hideous things must have been or are still ascribed some medicinal value.  

I have an interest but I dont really know much of either. 

I am a mask maker.

I love that story.