Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australians urged to eat more kangaroo meat

Still Waters

On 9/13/2017 at 5:23 AM, IBelieveWhatIWant said:

Fun fact. Plants know when they are being eaten, so maybe we should stop eating them as well :) 

Unfortunately it's a food chain world to survive.

I prefer veggies but I'm a meat eater too. It's easy to eat meat from a store since you don't have to think about the animal you are eating, that's why most of us can eat meat without remorse. 

On 9/12/2017 at 11:24 PM, qxcontinuum said:

how about eating human meat since there's more than kangaroo and doing so you're saving the planet? 

well you get my point. How about stop eating meat and be part of an industry that in the future will encourage you eating each other. Be vegeterian. it is healthier , don't give you cancer and make you proud of yourself. 

Meat in and of itself does NOT give you cancer. It is the meats that are processed and saturated with various chemicals to prolong the look of freshness that does it.

Could we do ourselves a favor by eating less meat? Probably so but what we need to do is stop soaking our foods with preservatives, antibiotics and all manner of questionable fluids that only serve to make decayed meats look fresh.

ALSO..just because someone looks like the Hulk doesn't automatically mean they are healthy just as someone who is slender is not automatically sick either

At any rate I am wondering just why there is an overpopulation issue. Could it be all those campaigns to kill off all the predators that someone felt were "invasive" might contribute to the problem? I don't know. Would I try a roo burger? Probably. If there really is an over-population issue then using it to feed people and animals would be a good way to use the meat rather than letting it rot in a pit somewhere.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 0:05 AM, qxcontinuum said:

lol ... does these guys look pale and sickly? 

michael-clarke-duncan.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

Michael Duncan might not be the best example. He died of a heart attack at 54.

Maybe a better way to control the numbers would be to spread a rumor that the meat has similar properties to rhino horn and certain eastern country's will poach them to extinction.

45 minutes ago, Nostrodumbass said:

Maybe a better way to control the numbers would be to spread a rumor that the meat has similar properties to rhino horn and certain eastern country's will poach them to extinction.

I don't think anyone wants them to go extinct.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Good point, maybe not such a good idea after all.:(

• Like 1

On 19/09/2017 at 1:46 PM, Myles said:

Does it matter if they do? It's perfactly normal for species to go extinct. It's been happening for millions of years.

On 9/24/2017 at 7:09 AM, Black Monk said:

Does it matter if they do? It's perfactly normal for species to go extinct. It's been happening for millions of years.

That may be, but humans would be doing a disservice to look the other way while other humans kill off a species because they think the horn does things that it does not.   

• Like 2

On 9/23/2017 at 10:12 PM, Atomical said:

I have eaten Kangaroo before and they are lovely

They are more lovely when they live under the Sun and feel it's warm or doing boxing show offs with inexperienced people or tourists :) 

But then there we are, having taste for everything.

• Like 1