Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Song Video by OverSword

OverSword

You really need to get a proper camera man ...

:D

~

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You really need to get a proper camera man ...

~

I think he does it on purpose because he's a bit shy! :blush:

The tune brought to mind Neil Young's music for the Johnny Depp film 'Dead Man'. :) Good stuff :tu:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

The tune brought to mind Neil Young's music for the Johnny Depp film 'Dead Man'.

Nice reference ... I'm a giving it a few more listens before jumping to any conclusions ... and I agree ... good stuff :tu:

~

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I think he does it on purpose because he's a bit shy! :blush:

The tune brought to mind Neil Young's music for the Johnny Depp film 'Dead Man'. :) Good stuff :tu:

I do it to keep some of the mess off youtube :lol:

Love that movie, Nobody is my favorite character.

• Like 3

It's my favourite movie of all time! It's amazing how many people have never heard of it, never mind seen it. I say " Have you seen 'Dead Man'?" and the reply is inevitably "'Dead Man Walking'?" :hmm:

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Love that movie, Nobody is my favorite character.

I must watch the movie.

Do you plan to make "Flow" a song?-- write lyrics for it?  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

I must watch the movie.

Do you plan to make "Flow" a song?-- write lyrics for it?  

I may. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

I may. 

Needs a bit of the Claptonesque riffs to accommodate the lyrical eights my good man ... not meant as a negative criticism but I sincerely think the beat is too staccato fast on some parts of the melody ~

(or maybe a little of the Lennon touch ... a drop half note somewhere in there )

~ that's me pretending to be some sort of Phil Spector

• Like 3

14 hours ago, OverSword said:

I may. 

Indeed you should if i may say, i loved this track.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, third_eye said:

Needs a bit of the Claptonesque riffs to accommodate the lyrical eights my good man ... not meant as a negative criticism but I sincerely think the beat is too staccato fast on some parts of the melody ~

(or maybe a little of the Lennon touch ... a drop half note somewhere in there )

~ that's me pretending to be some sort of Phil Spector

Eights?  A drop half note?  Thank you for your rather informed critique my good fellow :whistle:

• Like 3

Just now, OverSword said:

Eights?  A drop half note?  Thank you for your rather informed critique my good fellow :whistle:

You sounded a bit indecisive around the chorus (if I'm not wrong) and the bridge ... :D

~

• Like 2

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

You sounded a bit indecisive around the chorus (if I'm not wrong) and the bridge ... :D

~

Quite.

• Like 2

Quite.

Not that big a deal actually, but a little minor detail that will add a great deal to some big potential there ... all ya need is some raspy voiced vocals and the lines

good luck :tu:

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Not that big a deal actually, but a little minor detail that will add a great deal to some big potential there ... all ya need is some raspy voiced vocals and the lines

good luck :tu:

~

Well the thing is, since I didn't write this but pulled it out of the aether I don't think I'm allowed to change it :P

• Like 3

Well the thing is, since I didn't write this but pulled it out of the aether I don't think I'm allowed to change it :P

Nooooooo . don't get me wrong, no changes ... augmenting is what I's saying ... make the melody ring ... and the bass line groove is already there ... make a fuller wall of sound

:)

~

• Like 2

I love it!!   :clap:

• Like 3

On September 11, 2017 at 0:13 PM, OverSword said:

A few months ago I started a thread questioning the possible non-local origin of some music (in other words, songs that one doesn't necessarily write but rather pulls out of some creative source outside oneself).  There are many popular songs by famous musicians who claim that they didn't write the song but rather brought it into existence from some other place, Paul McCartney being the guy that comes to mind most easily.  This song is the reason I started that thread.  I have no real memory of writing this song and it came together in it's entirety pretty much over the course of an afternoon.  Usually I will come up with a part and mess around with it and weeks or months and occasionally years later play something else and realize that, "Hey these two pieces may fit well together" and little by little write a piece of music, but every once in a while it happens more like this one did where the song comes into existence wholly and without effort.   I've titled this one "Flow"

While I was more and less inspired while habituated to playing various instruments, mainly keyboards/synthesizer or drums, there was one such incident that was totally beyond my ability to write music.  One day my mind's ear heard the loveliest of symphonic pieces.  Such an experience, though beyond words, merits poetic expression.

That I never got around to writing lyrics for the simpler melody that lingered in my head is a shame.  It tempts me to count the beats and determine those with accents in your tune in order to toy with descriptive stanzas and a chorus, observational and emotional respectively.  With that approach, I would begin by writing speculation as to the source (divine, muse or ...?), how it was sensed (inside/outside... permeating...wafting/floating...softening/building...resonating...) and how I felt at the time. My hearing a symphony suggests a progression of things, similes and metaphors, in the latter two instances.

Production wise, you might leave the heart of what you recorded between musical accompaniments with and without vocals.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 3

On 9/11/2017 at 0:13 PM, OverSword said:

A few months ago I started a thread questioning the possible non-local origin of some music (in other words, songs that one doesn't necessarily write but rather pulls out of some creative source outside oneself).  There are many popular songs by famous musicians who claim that they didn't write the song but rather brought it into existence from some other place, Paul McCartney being the guy that comes to mind most easily.  This song is the reason I started that thread.  I have no real memory of writing this song and it came together in it's entirety pretty much over the course of an afternoon.  Usually I will come up with a part and mess around with it and weeks or months and occasionally years later play something else and realize that, "Hey these two pieces may fit well together" and little by little write a piece of music, but every once in a while it happens more like this one did where the song comes into existence wholly and without effort.   I've titled this one "Flow"

Awesome!  ...love that Telecaster...

any lyrics?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, joc said:

Awesome!  ...love that Telecaster...

any lyrics?

Not yet.  Thank you.

• Like 2

I forgot to add earlier that I can hear some of Hendrix's influence, love the style.  :wub:

• Like 2

fell asleep, but yeah pretty cool