Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
UM-Bot

Mystery US aircraft crashes in Nevada desert

81 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Occams Razor said:

I think you mean it was an F35. If you apply the principle Occam's Razor, that the simplest answer is probably the right one, it probably was an F35. They're frantically trying to iron the bugs out of the F35. F35s are allocated to Air Materiel Command for this purpose, the plane that crashed was allocated to Air Materiel Command, the pilot was F35 certified, and a test pilot. It crashed at a secret test site, the sort of place they test aircraft they're trying to iron the bugs out of. And the F35 has a reputation for being a piece of crap, the last thing they would want is more bad publicity for it with billions of dollars in the balance.

As I said in my original post, I think it probably was an F35. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

The plane was allocated to AMC? Could i get a reference for that, please? Accepting that for the moment, AMC operates from multiple sites... however Nellis isn't one of them. F-35 testing is generally conducted at Edwards and Eglin (and Pax River for the F-35B and C, but USN and USMC aircraft wouldn't be under the control of AMC). On the other hand, the US Air Force Weapons Centre is at Nellis.

I'll leave it, thanks. You are ignoring the fact they have stated it was not an F-35, made numerous dubious assumptions and created a massive cover-up all to support your 'simple' answer, rather than acknowledge that it not being an F-35  is the simplest explanation so far.

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, Stiff said:

They're going to look a right set of pillocks and anybody who laid money out in advancement for orders are not going to be happy bunnies.

I haven't seen the word 'Pillock' for years, thanks for that, it reminds me of home. I think it's all about getting contracts signed, once signed they're very difficult to get out of. If someone had laid down a very large deposit on some F35s and they admitted it was an F35 that crashed killing the pilot, the customer is certainly not going to be a happy bunny, they might want their money back.

Isn't this close to Area 51/S4?

20 hours ago, AlterScape said:

sn't this close to Area 51/S4?

I believe so. That's what area 51/S4 are for.

The Sep 18 - Oct 1 2017 edition of Aviation Week and Space Technology reports:

...appears to have involved a foreign aircraft type operated by the service's secretive Red Hat unit...

(page 10, 'First Take' column)