Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Computers may replace doctors within 10 years

UM-Bot

Fingers crossed :)

• Like 1

they are already replacing them, sort of, every time i go to the doctors all he does is look up the symptoms on the computer and comes up with the same results as i did when i looked it up. 

My husband had the same thing, the doctor did not even look at him, when he walked in, when he sat down and when he left. Gave him a prescription and that was it.

Now if we can print off our own prescriptions....hmmm....not sure that would be the best idea! 

As long as they do not replace surgeons, then i am all for doctors being oust out, and they can take their rude high headed receptionist with them.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

and they can take their rude high headed receptionist with them.

I hear you. I work part time for a surgery and sometimes have to pop to their smaller sister-surgery. After a few visits I asked my doctor friend if they do operations at the smaller surgery. He asked why. I replied "Because that receptionist you have their needs a personality transplant." He laughed and knew exactly what I was talking about.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WoIverine said:

Most doctors that I've personally come across don't continue to do their homework after medical school. Bring on the medical AI.

With many Doctors "folding" their practices in with large health care conglomerate like Novant, they need to.  The day of the independent doctor is over for the most part.

My G.P. did a parity of Dr. McCoy saying , " Damn it Jim I'm a Doctor , not a computer operator ! "   

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

they are already replacing them, sort of, every time i go to the doctors all he does is look up the symptoms on the computer and comes up with the same results as i did when i looked it up. 

My husband had the same thing, the doctor did not even look at him, when he walked in, when he sat down and when he left. Gave him a prescription and that was it.

Now if we can print off our own prescriptions....hmmm....not sure that would be the best idea! 

As long as they do not replace surgeons, then i am all for doctors being oust out, and they can take their rude high headed receptionist with them.

I need to refill my prescription for my glaucoma medication ;) 

• Like 1

So this is Mr Hunts contingency next time he goes into the ring over Junior Doctors contracts? Forget investing in future Doctors we will replace them with ATM healthcare maintained by Mr Branson?

The current NHS privacy policy of clearly sound proof curtains and robust anti-malware software fills my soul with confidence over the terabytes of sensitive biometric data Ill be sharing.

Edited by Chortle
irony

Maybe it's just me, but the future is starting to look like some sort of dystopian nightmare.

What about people who need some sort of reassurance and comfort along with their diagnosis?

Are people going to get diagnosed with cancer via an app? How about mental health issues?

I honestly never thought I'd feel this way. I've been heavily involved with technology in work, study and entertainment throughout my life, but the growing disconnect between human beings these days is scary.

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

will anyone be employed in the future.

Yes, the police, the secret service police, the thought police(almost there with all the PC police out there now) the anti riot police, jail security guards, jail staff and janitors.

• Like 1

We have to keep our humanity if we want to survive, so we really have to find a healthy balance here!

On 14/09/2017 at 1:48 AM, LV-426 said:

Maybe it's just me, but the future is starting to look like some sort of dystopian nightmare.

What about people who need some sort of reassurance and comfort along with their diagnosis?

Are people going to get diagnosed with cancer via an app? How about mental health issues?

I honestly never thought I'd feel this way. I've been heavily involved with technology in work, study and entertainment throughout my life, but the growing disconnect between human beings these days is scary.

Well in an ideal world, computerizing every job would leave humans free to work shorter hours for the same money and go out and socialize more. That's what we're always promised will happen. Instead, what's happening is that we keep getting worse money for the same work, bosses keep every pound saved, so we do longer hours and must confront a robot at the checkout counter, the library and (soon) in the GP's office too. This leaves no time for anything but socializing on computer. It's like they're trying to make life feel as worthless and hollow as possible, so more people will choose to off themselves.

Sorry to be so grim...

Edited by krone

I'm realy worried about this. If my gp is a robot and asks me to cough for "that test". Not sure I would like the feeling of cold steel on them old family jewels.

we do not even have doctors anymore, they are all businessmen\woman.  i have bigger chance to diagnose myself right using my blood test, and internet than those so called doctors. 

but i have no doubt medical cartel will come up with something not to lose all that money. 

On 09/17/2017 at 6:55 AM, Nostrodumbass said:

I'm realy worried about this. If my gp is a robot and asks me to cough for "that test". Not sure I would like the feeling of cold steel on them old family jewels.

Clearly they said computers...not robots You don't have to worry about your prunes they wont be cold :D

• Like 1