Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to explain existence of God from reality

oslove

[url=http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/forum/121-philosophy-and-psychology/]Philosophy and Psychology[/url]

Exploring and questioning the mind, knowledge and existence.

I guess this is the board for my idea on how I have come to the existence of God from investigating the reality of existence.

If this topic is not allowed, then just delete it with a note why, okay?

So, I start with the thought that:

1. The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence.

Then:

2. Existence is either from oneself or from another.

3. Existence is in the mind of man and/also outside the mind of man and independent of the mind of man.

I think the three statements above are evident from an honest comprehension of their import.

Let me start with No. 1, The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence.

That means that we need not even bring up why there is something instead of nothing, for such a question is not at all of any relevancy, since when we start with nothing-ness literally nothing-ness, then we have already to evaporate into nothing-ness, in re the purpose of everything in regard to reality: no more thread here and also no more the website of Unexplained Mysteries...

At this point, what do you dear colleagues here say about my thinking in this thread?

You are also welcome to take this thread as on  the philosophy of paranormal investigation.

• Like 2

Hi oslove. I'm sorry, but I can't see how you make the leap from your thoughts 1,2 and 3 to proof of existence of God. It would help perhaps, if you could describe what you understand God to be and what are the effects God has on our world that are visible to us. Thanks.

• Like 4

Dear Ouija, you see the three statements exist in my mind and they exist in your mind now that you have read them.

Then:

3. Existence is in the mind of man and/also outside the mind of man and independent of the mind of man.

So, when we you and I have the concept of the existence of an entity that is described in concept as first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning, then we can already go forth into the world outside and independent of our mind, to search together for instances of evidence for an entity which corresponds to the concept in our mind, namely, in concept the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

Of course for beings without a mind, there is no possibility of ever even just having the idea and intention and action to go forth into the world outside and independent of their minds which they don’t have, to search for instances of evidence pointing to the existence of the entity corresponding to the thought in our mind, namely, an entity creator cause of everything with a beginning.

The explanation wherefore of why some humans a lot of them do not have access to the existence of God outside their mind, it is because their mind is selectively truncated by themselves, to not harbor the concept of an entity with the role of creator cause of everything with a beginning.

God is a cruel joke played on humanity to keep us all from feeling inadequate.i guess nobody really wants to except we came from nothing so gods or a good way of comfort 

• Like 3

How about this. You do not know the answer and you're only guessing, because that given you some sense of meaning. Especially to "Know" god exist. 

• Like 1

Just now, Adampadum123 said:

I want to believe in a creator but how can any half intelligent person   Actually think that there is a god with the world we live in 

Because they want some kind of meaning in their lives. That's why religions thrive, the illusion of importance.

• Like 5

Dear Adam, what you allege gratuitously can be and must be dismissed also gratuitously.

Now, I invite you to think on the three statements from yours truly:

Then:

And write again after thinking with your mind, okay?

56 minutes ago, Adampadum123 said:

God is a cruel joke played on humanity to keep us all from feeling inadequate.i guess nobody really wants to except we came from nothing so gods or a good way of comfort 

No need to bring in aliens, that is going astray from Occam's Razor, besides when you do think, you still have to bring up the question who are these aliens which are in your mind, then go forth into the world outside and independent of your mind to seek for instances of entities corresponding to the concept of aliens in your mind.

That is the logic of resourceful thinking and discovering: first form your concept, then march forward outside of your mind, to search for evidence pointing to the existence of entities corresponding to the concept in your mind.

From Adam:

God is a cruel joke played on humanity to keep us all from feeling inadequate.i guess nobody really wants to except we came from nothing [ fallacy of nothing-ness thinking] so gods or a good way of comfort 

1 hour ago, Adampadum123 said:

I want to believe in a creator but how can any half intelligent person   Actually think that there is a god with the world we live in 

With half intelligent persons, they still have enough intelligence to know about that one thing causes another thing, even animals know that, else how can they survive?

So, even half intelligent persons know from the way our mind is wired up, that "The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence."

And we come to that statement by our experiences in life, which experiences in life in turn require that we be possessed of consciousness.

In this respect of consciousness, to be existing is to be conscious, so that every moment of consciousness is a phase of existence; when you lose consciousness and never return to consciousness, you have ceased to exist.

There are periodical or transient incidents of loss of existence even though you be still in life process, for examples: when you have fainted, when you are in deep dreamless sleep, when you are in a comatose condition, and when you are in general anaesthesia.

I have seen a mother biting her baby in its toes, hard very hard, to bring it back to consciousness, as the baby was in the throe of death's seizure spasms - tragically she did not succeed to 'wake up' her dying baby.

The first experience in life is the sensation of pain, leading to the intelligence to avoid everything that had given pain to the person.

Next, with the experience of pain, the experience of injury to the body, that leads to the intelligence to avoid pain and thereby also avoid injury that comes with pain.

Lastly, the experience of witnessing the fact of dying and death, and that leads to the intelligence to not ever get oneself into a dying process at all, and to do everything to survive.

There, that is all of intelligence even in a half intelligent person.

Now, there are humans who are special children, in which case mankind has come to the conclusion that such children or persons must be kept alive by society, in the name of humanity.

So, dear colleagues here, allow me to recite again my three statements, namely:

Then:

3. Existence is in the mind of man and/or outside the mind of man and independent of the mind of man.

They are the methods for mankind to come to the existence of God, in concept as first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

Have you been reading descartes?

Lets start with 1. The default status of things is existance? Including ideas? If i can imagine a thing to be then must it not exist? Rainbow colored unicorns flying through the universe assassinating leprechauns to take their gold back to the one true santa to feed the original spark he fanned to create this universe keeping us all in existance? Or if you mean that an idea simply exists as an idea, well that makes more sense. Sure, have an idea of a creator. Does nothing to validate the belief.

2. Existance is independent of oneself, why can existance not just be independent? It is an assumption to believe existance is dependent upon anything.

3. Right? There ya go. I like 3.

• Like 5

This thread is a migraine in the making. I'm just gonna drop off this bottle of Excedrin for everyone that wants to involve themselves with this topic...you will need it.

49943714842861p?$400$

• Like 6

1 minute ago, NightScreams said:

This thread is a migraine in the making.

We haven't even made it to page 2. Where's your optimism? You can't be that pessimistic now can you?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

We haven't even made it to page 2. Where's your optimism? You can't be that pessimistic now can you?

Confidence is what optimism is and by offering an antidote to a well known symptom provides confidence in others that wish to venture further.

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Who gave you prozac? You feeling ok?

21 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

This thread is a migraine in the making. I'm just gonna drop off this bottle of Excedrin for everyone that wants to involve themselves with this topic...you will need it.

49943714842861p?$400$

Bc powders are easier on the liver... No acetaminophen... You know, in case this thread drives someone to drinking...;)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

Confidence is what optimism is and by offering an antidote to a well known symptom provides confidence in others that wish to venture further.

I'm pessimistic enough to know that threads like this never last long.

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm pessimistic enough to know that threads like this never last long.

I'm optimistic enough to know that if it lasts forever or never lasts long, I won't be disappointed with either path. Taking the lowest common denominator is just a selfish way to shield your feelings from a possible negative outcome. To make a negative outcome a learning experience is a positive. But when that negative yields nothing but disappointment in return then nothing positive can ever come of it, minimizing the blow with pessimism is merely a numbing agent, immobilizing you from jumping back on that horse and trying again.

• Like 1

I rather enjoy reading how others navigate through life, whether they hug the shoreline, run before the wind or if they tack against it, out of sight of land, seeking new horizons. Everyone sets their own course, finds their own way, some for known destinations, others for one's beyond my ken. I delight in the novelty of their own unique invention, different from all others, as they sail into harbor at sunset, their way lit by the lights of golden cities far.

I've always been a starry-eyed dreamer, thirsting for obscure knowledge, yearning for the fantastic, for vicarious adventure. In my head and at my fingertips are thousands of books I've read over the course of my life as I've indulged my penchant in the creative works of favorite authors. My desire to do so has abated, as technology has given me new resources for my pastime. Still, the books one reads leave lasting impressions and the Good Book, for all it's flaws and contradictions, the strongest impression of all.

No one can persuade another to believe in God. Suspension of disbelief is difficult, at best for some, impossible for others. The old adage, " You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." sums up the conundrum, best. One may think one has the best proof of God's existence to show and persuade, and then to find your answers lead only to more questions for which there are no easy answers. People who have been surrounded and saturated by religion for most of their lives but have not partaken of it, are the biggest challenge of all. They've already been down that road and yet have chosen another.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, oslove said:

Then:

Greetings, oslove.

I follow your reasoning.  But, even as obvious as is it to us that things exist

regardless of what any of us may or may not think about existence itself,

there are still people who imagine themselves to be the center of the universe.

Such people believe reality entirely subjective, limited to their perception,

and, thus, they actually fancy themselves gods.

• Like 1