Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One man’s $100,000 search for UFOs

Still Waters

American UFO hunter James Fox is offering $US100,000 to anyone who can give him credible evidence of extraterrestrial activity on Earth — including from a claimed sighting in suburban Melbourne he is investigating.

The proposal is perhaps not as crazy as it seems. It comes in the same week that the spacecraft Cassini ends its groundbreaking 20-year mission that recently discovered the Saturnal moon Enceladus had an ocean and potential hydrothermal activity — key building blocks for life.

However Fox’s quest is at the opposite end of the journey: Any alien life that made it to Earth. And that quest has now come to Australia.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/one-mans-100000-search-for-ufos/news-story/93a25506f937140543f2130147390942

Oh boy,  you tube are going to be busy.

Right, lets start with exhibit one

paper-plate-flying-saucer-300x225.jpg

• Like 4

Ok xeno...this is war...i want that money!

Exhibit 3

Weather_balloons_asia.jpg

• Like 4

Given that the number of even vaguely interesting cases is dropping towards zero, in almost perfect reverse correlation to the vast improvements in the quality and spread of cameras and continuous recording systems and sky montioring and radar systems, I would simply observe that...

Mr Fox has got some free publicity and his name in the media, with absolutely no risk that anyone can or will claim the money.  Well done Mr Fox.  Not for your clearly wasted years of diligent UFO research, but for your success in simply being noticed.

Am I cynical much? :D

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 8

Just now, XenoFish said:

latest?cb=20140213084641

Yeah, well I've got my own UFO.

Shut uuuup!!! Thats not a real cactus!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Given that the number of even vaguely interesting cases is dropping towards zero, in almost perfect reverse correlation to the vast improvements in the quality and spread of cameras and continuous recording systems and sky montioring and radar systems, I would simply observe that...

Mr Fox has got some free publicity and his name in the media, with absolutely no risk that anyone can or will claim the money.  Well done Mr Fox.  Not for your clearly wasted years of diligent UFO research, but for your success in simply being noticed.

Am I cynical much? :D

What you doing? There is serious money on the table here, so far its only me and xeno in for the running, and we do not even work for the government or military, 

Have you got any old photos of flying bugs...sorry meant UFO's you can spare?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

What you doing? There is serious money on the table here, so far its only me and xeno in for the running, and we do not even work for the government or military, 

Have you got any old photos of flying bugs...sorry meant UFO's you can spare?

Just poring through them at the moment to pick the best one, and then I'm gunna backdate my diary so I have provenance....!  I've also emailed Jaime Maussan and Zoser for advice, so I've got this covered.

You will be welcome to all the ones I reject.

• Like 2

I would have put this challenge only to all those who earn money from this enigma: 'Laza, Friedman, Vallee, Greer' to name a few.....

But each one has to pay me 10 dollars a month- & this payment stops when one of them produces credible evidence 

Edited by Dejarma

40 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Just poring through them at the moment to pick the best one, and then I'm gunna backdate my diary so I have provenance....!  I've also emailed Jaime Maussan and Zoser for advice, so I've got this covered.

You will be welcome to all the ones I reject.

Jeezzz, who else is on your mailing list... ks13/43..?

• Like 1

What possible proof could anyone give? Any pics or videos he will just claim are fake. Even if they are not.

What else is there after that? Luck of the draw? Right place right time? Good luck with that. I've been looking up my whole life and only seen one.  

This is dumb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

What possible proof could anyone give? Any pics or videos he will just claim are fake. Even if they are not.

What else is there after that? Luck of the draw? Right place right time? Good luck with that. I've been looking up my whole life and only seen one.  

This is dumb. 

By the sounds of it he wants never seen before evidence of UFOs, preferably from people in the government or military. That's what I can make of the article.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

Do you think I'll get the money if I tell him  I believe this now beyond reasonable doubt from the quantity, quality and consistency of all the evidence, investigations and argumentation I have ever heard?

• Like 3

On 9/16/2017 at 6:56 PM, preacherman76 said:

What possible proof could anyone give?

To use an everyday example, what possible proof could I show you to 'prove' cats exist?  Automobiles?  Buildings?  Humans?  Clouds?

Shall I go on for a decade?  DECENT proof is pretty easily collected, if something exists..

Any pics or videos he will just claim are fake. Even if they are not.

With good reason. The videos and pics, almost without a single exception (feel free to provide one) are without proper provenance, or even basic corroboration.

We don't need luck for cats, clouds....  And the vast majority of ufo's are quite easy to explain / identify.

This is dumb. 

Your argument?  Yes, it is.

• Like 1

On 16/09/2017 at 11:27 AM, I'mConvinced said:

Do you think I'll get the money if I tell him  I believe this now beyond reasonable doubt from the quantity, quality and consistency of all the evidence, investigations and argumentation I have ever heard?

I see what you did there lol1.gif

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

To use an everyday example, what possible proof could I show you to 'prove' cats exist?  Automobiles?  Buildings?  Humans?  Clouds?

Shall I go on for a decade?  DECENT proof is pretty easily collected, if something exists..

With good reason. The videos and pics, almost without a single exception (feel free to provide one) are without proper provenance, or even basic corroboration.

We don't need luck for cats, clouds....  And the vast majority of ufo's are quite easy to explain / identify.

Your argument?  Yes, it is.

Oh sorry Chrlzs, you must have me mistake for someone who cares what you think. 

To me you are like a guy in a underground cavern telling another who is on a mountain top whether or not it's raining. 

Now it isn't your fault you don't know if it's raining or not. You are underground. It is your fault however that you insist you have a better view of it then I do. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, I'mConvinced said:

How about i back you up...i have heard loads too. Then maybe we can make a deal on a split of the money. I heard you would split it 70/30 in my favour. :rofl:

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 7:10 AM, freetoroam said:

Oh boy,  you tube are going to be busy.

Right, lets start with exhibit one

paper-plate-flying-saucer-300x225.jpg

Made me lol!

Chuck it in the air and we will have a real UFO(just don't tell anyone)! :ph34r:

Oh sorry Chrlzs, you must have me mistake for someone who cares what you think. 

To me you are like a guy in a underground cavern telling another who is on a mountain top whether or not it's raining. 

Now it isn't your fault you don't know if it's raining or not. You are underground. It is your fault however that you insist you have a better view of it then I do. 

Actually it's more like you're on top of the mountain getting wet and he's underground staying dry.

Now it's not your fault you'll catch a cold, you're all high and mighty and don't understand what it's like being well grounded. It is your fault however that you didn't listen to the weather forecast on the radio ChrLzs gave you.

Edited by I'mConvinced
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Actually it's more like you're on top of the mountain getting wet and he's underground staying dry.

Now it's not your fault you'll catch a cold, you're all high and mighty and don't understand what it's like being well grounded. It is your fault however that you didn't listen to the weather forecast on the radio ChrLzs gave you.

LOL, ok enough with the analogies.

Funny thing about all this is I know for a fact flying saucers exist. Watching you guys proclaiming yourselves wise, from my POV, you have become fools. Not for your lack in belief, but for your insistence that you know. You don't, and that is a fact. You are wrong.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Not for your lack in belief, but for your insistence that you know. You don't, and that is a fact. You are wrong

Yeah, those idiot people who claim to be so sure of a thing... we're all laughing at them right?

Funny thing about all this is I know for a fact flying saucers exist. Watching you guys proclaiming yourselves wise, from my POV, you have become fools.

Oops....

55 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Funny thing about all this is I know for a fact flying saucers exist.

Of course they do. They're just not from other planets.

56 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Not for your lack in belief, but for your insistence that you know.

I don't think anyone has professed to know with outright certainty that they don't exist. More that the odds are ridiculously slim unless we come across some proof.

You don't, and that is a fact.

See above.

You are wrong.

Unless you can prove otherwise then it is you who is wrong.

Please prove otherwise and I will be happy to rescind this comment and issue you a full apology.

14 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Yeah, those idiot people who claim to be so sure of a thing... we're all laughing at them right?

Oops....

You claiming to know isn't the funny part. You claiming to know and being outright wrong is the funny part.