Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why are Aliens always Humanoid?

Aquila King

Everyone can see Hammerclaw had no argument. It is not surprising, most of these people do not. What they have is wild imaginations and absolutely no way to to explain how evolution on an Alien Planet might work and certainly not how it might result in the fantasy creatures that they want to believe exist. 

2 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Everyone can see Hammerclaw had no argument. It is not surprising, most of these people do not. What they have is wild imaginations and absolutely no way to to explain how evolution on an Alien Planet might work and certainly not how it might result in the fantasy creatures that they want to believe exist. 

That's all we have until we find some form of alien life. So until that day we can only imagine. I thought I was a difficult person to get along with. You've got me beat.

• Like 3

I don't see any reason that bipedalism is a requirement. I can accept the ability to grasp tools. Does that mandate an opposable thumb? The control fire statement does not require bipedalism or an opposable thumb.

About the only thing I see here of importance is the ability to manipulate tools. The discussion in my mind is whether or not there are possibilities other than opposable thumbs to accomplish the task.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

I don't see any reason that bipedalism is a requirement. I can accept the ability to grasp tools. Does that mandate an opposable thumb? The control fire statement does not require bipedalism or an opposable thumb.

About the only thing I see here of importance is the ability to manipulate tools. The discussion in my mind is whether or not there are possibilities other than opposable thumbs to accomplish the task.

Nature rarely limits itself to only one answer to an engineering challenge. Take wings and the ability to fly, for example. The first wings were insect wings that evolved several different configurations. Then the pterodactyl wings then the bird wings then bat wings. All very different and yet similar as solutions for the same problem; sustained flight. I see the evolution of manipulative extremities among disparate, intelligent communicating species as in much the same vein; nature finding a solution most suitable for the organism in question.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, Aquila King said:

I'm curious to hear people's thoughts.

My thoughts are first that perhaps our common thinking is wrong. We think that life went through abiogenesis and evolution totally separately on each planet. My thought is that all life including physical life is more entwined than we think. I don't think DNA formed from scratch on earth but actually even predates the existence of earth so more similarities than we expect should be expected.

Also some of these aliens may be human/alien hybrids.

Also what we see may not be their ultimate form but an earth conducive suit and form.

9 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

It's best not to speak for other people just to prove a point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My thoughts are first that perhaps our common thinking is wrong. We think that life went through abiogenesis and evolution totally separately on each planet. My thought is that all life including physical life is more entwined than we think. I don't think DNA formed from scratch on earth but actually even predates the existence of earth so more similarities than we expect should be expected.

Also some of these aliens may be human/alien hybrids.

Also what we see may not be their ultimate form but an earth conducive suit and form.

:tu: I totally agree.

The idea of many different 'types' of life coming about through evolution necessarily assumes evolution to be a totally blind process controlled primarily be chance occurrence. Whereas if it were perhaps guided by an unseen spiritual force of some sort then it would be reasonable to assume a greater deal of similarity.

In fact, if scientist Dr. Rupert Sheldrake's Morphic Resonance Hypothesis is correct, then we would expect to see life throughout the universe as very similar to life here on earth.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

:tu: I totally agree.

The idea of many different 'types' of life coming about through evolution necessarily assumes evolution to be a totally blind process controlled primarily be chance occurrence. Whereas if it were perhaps guided by an unseen spiritual force of some sort then it would be reasonable to assume a greater deal of similarity.

In fact, if scientist Dr. Rupert Sheldrake's Morphic Resonance Hypothesis is correct, then we would expect to see life throughout the universe as very similar to life here on earth.

There have been many types of life on Earth. The dominant multicellular forms today do not appear related to other forms seen earlier int he history of the Earth.

In particular, the rangeomorphs seem to have little in common with today's multicellular animals. These show that life even on the single example we have has been radically different across time.

https://www.livescience.com/47294-primitive-frondlike-fossils-reconstructed.html

As far as morphic resonance is concerned it is a dead horse. The claims are just that and no more. After all of this time, nearly 40 years, it is just a label and nothing more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

There have been many types of life on Earth. The dominant multicellular forms today do not appear related to other forms seen earlier int he history of the Earth.

In particular, the rangeomorphs seem to have little in common with today's multicellular animals. These show that life even on the single example we have has been radically different across time.

https://www.livescience.com/47294-primitive-frondlike-fossils-reconstructed.html

As far as morphic resonance is concerned it is a dead horse. The claims are just that and no more. After all of this time, nearly 40 years, it is just a label and nothing more.

Yes, the theory of Punctuated Equilibrium explains much of sudden changes of types and morphology in the archaeological record.      

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuated_equilibrium

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

There was nothing inevitable about human evolution. It was facilitated by an extraordinary set of accidental circumstances without even one, we would not exist.

you could say that about all forms of life

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

you could say that about all forms of life

Exactly.

• Like 1