Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gnostic Revelation.

Hermai

57 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The brain is an adaptable organ in that the more you do something the more neurons it lays down to handle it.

If you did 30 minutes of mindfulness meditation everyday then after two months your would have detectable changes in your grey matter. This type of meditation is where you observe what is going on around yourself but you stop yourself adding any thoughts to it. Then every time you catch yourself slipping up by having a thought you stop it and return back to observation without adding any thoughts. 

Initially you will likely be bad at mindfulness meditation because your brain hasn't got those extra neurons responsible for such self control. You have to grow them. And you grow them by staying with the mindfulness meditation day after day, week after week, until you get there. Your self control over thoughts increases over time.

You can do it a lot faster. But are you prepared to devout the next several days to it? Are you prepared to stop yourself having thoughts and then every time you slip up stop the thinking and return back to no thoughts? If so you will likely slip up hundreds of times but in a few short days you will find you can be in a state of mind with no thoughts at all for however long you want.

As you become advanced at no thinking you`ll find you can even stop observation achieving a state of nothingness. You can pop in and out of nothingness whenever you want. But in nothingness you have re-achieved oneness.

I do a kind of meditation most days. Something I made up. Its a mixture of chanting Om Mani Padme Hum, and affermations such as, "I forgive myself, my family, my neighbours, the whole planet and anyone who harmed me in a previous lifetime" All in one in-breath. Another affirmation is "I connect to my Supra Conscousness." or "I connect to Buddha Nature." I finish the meditation with, "Who Am I? I Am THAT I Am, and, I Am."

I affirm lots of weird and wonderful things, each thought creating its own neurological pathway, ready for when my Vibration has reached a certain level. By the end of the meditation I feel very relaxed and well balanced.

But I also have another way to drop all my thoughts and just observe the life around me. 

Your mind is made up of two aspects, the Feminine and the Masculine. The Masculine observes, organises and directs, the Feminine receives, gestates and creates. If you watch the watcher, ie the Masculine mind, then all thoughts will drop away and you will be left with pure awareness, until you stop watching the watcher.

The first time I did this I just sat looking around my room without a single thought running through my mind, just observing, like really looking at all the different objects. And when I go outside I do this, "Watching the Watcher" thing. You really get to see and connect to people.

Its wild!

15 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I do a kind of meditation most days. Something I made up. Its a mixture of chanting Om Mani Padme Hum, and affermations such as, "I forgive myself, my family, my neighbours, the whole planet and anyone who harmed me in a previous lifetime" All in one in-breath. Another affirmation is "I connect to my Supra Conscousness." or "I connect to Buddha Nature." I finish the meditation with, "Who Am I? I Am THAT I Am, and, I Am."

I affirm lots of weird and wonderful things, each thought creating its own neurological pathway, ready for when my Vibration has reached a certain level. By the end of the meditation I feel very relaxed and well balanced.

But I also have another way to drop all my thoughts and just observe the life around me. 

Your mind is made up of two aspects, the Feminine and the Masculine. The Masculine observes, organises and directs, the Feminine receives, gestates and creates. If you watch the watcher, ie the Masculine mind, then all thoughts will drop away and you will be left with pure awareness, until you stop watching the watcher.

The first time I did this I just sat looking around my room without a single thought running through my mind, just observing, like really looking at all the different objects. And when I go outside I do this, "Watching the Watcher" thing. You really get to see and connect to people.

Its wild!

People think we have two levels of mind - conscious and subconscious.

Our emotions and psychological needs arise out of our subconscious. The conscious then applies logic, critical thinking, and problem solving to fix or resolve them.

We have a third level of mind called pure awareness. It sits in-between our conscious and subconscious simply watching what each are up to and how both interact with each other. It doesnt feel or think, it observes. And when you can identify that third level of mind in yourself your meditation has given you extra neurons.

We grow the pure awareness level of mind and develop self-control to stop our subconscious/conscious running the show. So you get left with pure awareness with no thoughts. Or rather you can decide when to shut both of them up at will.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

People think we have two levels of mind - conscious and subconscious.

Our emotions and psychological needs arise out of our subconscious. The conscious then applies logic, critical thinking, and problem solving to fix or resolve them.

We have a third level of mind called pure awareness. It sits in-between our conscious and subconscious simply watching what each are up to and how both interact with each other. It doesnt feel or think, it observes. And when you can identify that third level of mind in yourself your meditation has given you extra neurons.

We grow the pure awareness level of mind and develop self-control to stop our subconscious/conscious running the show. So you get left with pure awareness with no thoughts. Or rather you can decide when to shut both of them up at will.

Yes, we are saying more or less the same thing. The conscious mind relates to the masculine, and the subconscious mind relates with the feminine. When we are riding a motorbike for example, its the masculine mind that observes and directs, asking questions or making suggestions and its the feminine subconscious mind supplies the answers needed. To expand the analogy, the masculine mind would be driving the bike whereas the feminine would be enjoying the experience riding pillion.

If we ask ourselves a question before bedtime, that is the conscous mind directing and its the subconscious mind that will hold that question, sometimes for days on end, searching the depths of her "data base" of experience. When we know how this works, we can help put the two aspects of mind together in an harmonious relationship. Just like on the physical plane.

But yes, there is another higher level of consciousness, and its when we use this one to view the masculine, conscous mind, thats when the  thoughts drop away. Its very easy, it takes no prior knowledge, just flick your awareness to somewhere near to the back of your head and watch the watcher, ie the conscous, masculine mind. Job done!

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, ChaosRose said:

What to do about the demiurge. It's the age-old question.

Maybe just realize we don't need it. 

I don't think there is a way to get rid of the demiurge and or archons because they are also free to have their experience. But you must transcend them. If you as an individual don't want to experience them you must raise your energy or vibration-frequency higher then their frequency. Move into a dimension their energy can't reach. That's my theory anyway. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I don't think there is a way to get rid of the demiurge and or archons because they are also free to have their experience. But you must transcend them. If you as an individual don't want to experience them you must raise your energy or vibration-frequency higher then their frequency. Move into a dimension their energy can't reach. That's my theory anyway. 

I like that very much.

It has been said that Vibration is the forth dimension. The higher we vibrate, the less options are open to us, not because we lack a choice but simply because we choose to ascend. We choose to feel good and in feeling good we become valuable.

Love is the primary Feeling/Vibration. Out of this springs forth the ideals of forgiveness, compassion, understanding and kindness and generosity. The polarity of love is fear, and out of fear arises hate and greed and selfishness etc.

So Love is the higher vibration, it is the thing that shields us and elevates us up into those higher dimensions you mention.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I like that very much.

It has been said that Vibration is the forth dimension. The higher we vibrate, the less options are open to us, not because we lack a choice but simply because we choose to ascend. We choose to feel good and in feeling good we become valuable.

Love is the primary Feeling/Vibration. Out of this springs forth the ideals of forgiveness, compassion, understanding and kindness and generosity. The polarity of love is fear, and out of fear arises hate and greed and selfishness etc.

So Love is the higher vibration, it is the thing that shields us and elevates us up into those higher dimensions you mention.

I agree.:D I do admit it is a lot easier said then done though.lol! Hopefully someday or another lifetime we can get to that point. I'm sure it could be done also through the transition of leaving the body through death of the body. Maybe finding the way through to the higher dimensions. I am not totally sure though. I have heard though not to follow the light white because that is a trap.

15 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I agree.:D I do admit it is a lot easier said then done though.lol! Hopefully someday or another lifetime we can get to that point. I'm sure it could be done also through the transition of leaving the body through death of the body. Maybe finding the way through to the higher dimensions. I am not totally sure though. I have heard though not to follow the light white because that is a trap.

Personally I don't buy that, 'don't follow the white light' stuff. In the vast majority of reported NDEs, the individual sees a white light and is drawn to it. If Im surrounded by darkness, I know where I am headed. The person always feels love and joy and quite often sees a loved one or Jesus or some other spiritual teacher..

And I agree, it is a lot easier said than done, although ironically, talking or thinking alongside doing are all part of the transformation. We think, say and do stuff to transform our mind, our attitude, our natural reactions to life. We become a different person by seeking change and then being that change. 

If I had been taught at school what I know now, I believe that I would be enlightened by now.

Its a shame how many resources are spent keeping us all enslaved and ignorant. 

And those same people keeping us enslaved, they are destroying the planet for monetary gains.

How ridiculous is that!

Edited by Crazy Horse

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 3:06 AM, Crazy Horse said:

If I had been taught at school what I know now, I believe that I would be enlightened by now.

Believing things is precisely why you are not.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Perdurabo said:

Believing things is precisely why you are not.

I believe that I am a part of God, that God is Love and therefor in this material world I can become godlike via love.

Without the belief in the Divine, a recognition, a realisation, and a manifestation of Spirit isn't possible.

We are divine sparks in a material world. The Question becomes, how do we demonstrate THAT Love to our upmost?

Beliefs are helpful to quieten the mind, to find contentment and a general feeling of happiness and atonement.

It is at this point that we have a chance to "let go" of all our beliefs and simply remain in the moment.

Beliefs are fine so long as you come to realise that they have no Real Substance.

May I ask - are you Enlightened?

On 19/11/2017 at 10:19 PM, Perdurabo said:

Everyone is Enlightened, they just don't Know it.

If this is an ironic comment, it is brilliant. 

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

If this is an ironic comment, it is brilliant. 

More a statement of fact I would suggest!

This is why I say we are perfected beings. There is nothing to add, we are already whole and at-one-ment.

We just dont consciously remember or realise it, and therefor struggle to demonstrate this perfection in any systematic way.

Perhaps my original question shouldn't have been, "are you Enlightened?" but, are you Realised?

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

More a statement of fact I would suggest!

This is why I say we are perfected beings. There is nothing to add, we are already whole and at-one-ment.

We just dont consciously remember or realise it, and therefor struggle to demonstrate this perfection in any systematic way.

Perhaps my original question shouldn't have been, "are you Enlightened?" but, are you Realised?

With respect it Everyone is Enlightened, they just don't Know it. cannot be a statement of fact.

Enlightenment means to be enlightened (about many things  regarding self, and one's relationship to reality) and this is a conscious realisation ( indeed  a significant raising of the level) of our self aware consciousness.

If you do not know you are enlightened, then it is impossible to BE enlightened. 

However, i agree that all humans are potentially able to be enlightened, and hold within themselves all that is necessary for them to become enlightened

7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

With respect it Everyone is Enlightened, they just don't Know it. cannot be a statement of fact.

Enlightenment means to be enlightened (about many things  regarding self, and one's relationship to reality) and this is a conscious realisation ( indeed  a significant raising of the level) of our self aware consciousness.

If you do not know you are enlightened, then it is impossible to BE enlightened. 

However, i agree that all humans are potentially able to be enlightened, and hold within themselves all that is necessary for them to become enlightened

Well, I am enlightened in the sense that I am in essence Perfect.

The fact that I haven't realised this fully in my day to day actions doesn't mean that I am anything other than a Perfect Being. What it does mean is that I have yet to fully realise this Perfectness.

It is a slightly complex issue. We are Divine Energy, the fact that some people don't even recognise this, let alone realise it,  doesn't take anything away from this Divinity. This Divinity has, is, and always shall be Perfected.

Awakened and non-awakened are two polarities of the same conscious mind. They aren't different in the ultimate sense, only relativley.

So ultimately speaking we are already Enlightened, relatively speaking, we have a way to go!

Hope this makes sense?

Enlightened, Buddhahood, the Christ Consciousness are all here within us. This awakened state is already within us, so in this respect we are already There. Sorry to repeat myself, I am trying to figure it out myself!!

16 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Well, I am enlightened in the sense that I am in essence Perfect.

The fact that I haven't realised this fully in my day to day actions doesn't mean that I am anything other than a Perfect Being. What it does mean is that I have yet to fully realise this Perfectness.

It is a slightly complex issue. We are Divine Energy, the fact that some people don't even recognise this, let alone realise it,  doesn't take anything away from this Divinity. This Divinity has, is, and always shall be Perfected.

Awakened and non-awakened are two polarities of the same conscious mind. They aren't different in the ultimate sense, only relativley.

So ultimately speaking we are already Enlightened, relatively speaking, we have a way to go!

Hope this makes sense?

Enlightened, Buddhahood, the Christ Consciousness are all here within us. This awakened state is already within us, so in this respect we are already There. Sorry to repeat myself, I am trying to figure it out myself!!

You have a very difernt definition of enlightenment as a verb or enlightened as an adjective to me.  :) 

Same with perfect. You may have the potential to become perfect or perfected, but as you are not finished yet, then you are not perfect (perfected simply means complete or finished and incapable of any further  improvement )

I know what you mean, but it is a bit like saying to an infant, who may one day be 2 metres  tall, "you are a very tall person" 

Plus, just as not everyone grows to be 2 metres tall, I do not see all humans becoming enlightened  

Enlightened, Buddhahood, the Christ Consciousness are all here within us. This awakened state is already within us

The first sentence is correct The second is  not Just as you can not say that, a person who is still sleeping is already awake, you can not say that,  a person who is not yet spiritually awakened, is already in  an awakened state. The truth is that they may NEVER awaken from their slumber. :)  Most humans never realise that this perfected state exists ( in potential form)  within themselves. The realisation only comes via he moment of gnosis or enlightenment when all is revealed, including the true nature of self and of  all reality  

I suspect you might be using the Buddhist terminology  which suggests that all humans are enlightened ( Buddhas). However the number awakened to their enlightenment(and thus what i would call enlightened)  is much smaller Some suggest as low as 70-100 in the world today but personally I believe it would be higher than that.  

Edited by Mr Walker

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

You have a very difernt definition of enlightenment as a verb or enlightened as an adjective to me.  :) 

Same with perfect. You may have the potential to become perfect or perfected, but as you are not finished yet, then you are not perfect (perfected simply means complete or finished and incapable of any further  improvement )

I know what you mean, but it is a bit like saying to an infant, who may one day be 2 metres  tall, "you are a very tall person" 

Plus, just as not everyone grows to be 2 metres tall, I do not see all humans becoming enlightened  

Enlightened, Buddhahood, the Christ Consciousness are all here within us. This awakened state is already within us

The first sentence is correct The second is  not Just as you can not say that, a person who is still sleeping is already awake, you can not say that,  a person who is not yet spiritually awakened, is already in  an awakened state. The truth is that they may NEVER awaken from their slumber. :)  Most humans never realise that this perfected state exists ( in potential form)  within themselves. The realisation only comes via he moment of gnosis or enlightenment when all is revealed, including the true nature of self and of  all reality  

Its not the same as telling an infant that they are going to be two meters tall. They may only grow to one meter 99 centimeters, and who's going to look foolish then! Lol 

Our Soul is Perfect - THIS is what I am talking about.

We are born as Perfected Souls, the fact that we have lost sight of this Ideal means that relatively speaking, we are not there yet, ie, we haven't realised our perfection. Ultimatley there is nothing to add - maybe we have things to take away, like our bad habits that dont allow this light to shine through, our ignorance needs to be dispelled, but once we have done these things however, our Goodness that was always there will be Realised.

Awake and asleep are two polarities of the same conscous mind. 

Relativley speaking you are correct, we are not enlightened.

Ultimatley speaking, we are already Enlightened.

On 14 October 2017 at 10:38 AM, Perdurabo said:

Like all important and life-changing events, I can well remember my final night as a human.

It was in the June of 1983. I was nineteen years old. I was sitting in a brown easy-chair in the finished basement of a house in Newport, Rhode Island. A gentle rain was falling outside.

I was a committed “born-again” Christian. I also had long hair and played drums in a heavy metal band. I drank. I smoked.

I had long been interested to the point of obsession in learning the true nature of reality. Like many (or all?) people, I had a deep down, inescapable feeling that something was wrong with the world.

I had been raised in an atheist household. Then, when I was about 12 years old, my father decided to murder a bunch of strangers. Long story, but the end result was that he became a fundamentalist Christian. He gave his heart to Jesus and informed us that we needed to do the same. So we did. And that’s why that feeling of wrongness made sense to me. It was the Fall of Man. The Devil’s doing. The punishment inflicted on us all by God because of what some dude six-thousand years ago did in some garden with a talking snake.

I did not at the time understand that this religion, with it’s sinning and with it’s hell-fire was a mental trap. Just believe everything in the Bible is true. That God loves you dearly. That mankind is His special creation. That He gave us the gift of Free Will. We do have the option of not believing any of this. But if you don’t, God will stop loving you and then He will burn your soul forever.

How can you not love a god like that?

I firmly believed all this as I sat in that chair. In that basement. I was a lousy Christian though. I was really into hermetic philosophy and quantum physics. I studied witchcraft and told myself I needed to know the ways of The Enemy. And I was proud of all this.

Immensely proud.

So proud, that one night I inscribed a protective circle with a pentagram on the floor of my bedroom, stood inside of it and addressed a prayer to Satan himself. A challenge. I looked him right in the metaphorical eye and boasted, “You can never break my Faith. Go ahead. Hit me with your best shot!”

So then he did.

Lucifer the Light-bearer Illuminated me the following night. In that basement. In that chair.

As I sat there, I was furiously trying to figure out the relationship between Good and Evil. I decided that those words were too nebulous and settled instead on Order versus Chaos. I defined Order as being the tendency to create forms and patterns and Chaos as sheer randomness. As I analyzed and compared the relationship between these two incompatible concepts, it dawned on me that these two states were actually two parts of a single thing. This combined “thing” was a scale. Order and Chaos were opposing ends of this scale and any position along it could only have meaning in comparison to another point on the scale. One point cannot exist without the other.

It was as if some mental log-jam had started to break apart in my head. It wasn’t just that Good could not exist without Evil. It was that they were the same thing.

My mind was off and running. How about Light and Dark? Same thing. Life and Death. The same. Matter and Energy, Fear and Love, Knowledge and Ignorance, Truth and Lies, Reality and Illusion. Everything and Nothing.

Furthermore, each of these now unified pairs comprised a single pole of a different duality. For example, the Love/Fear pair is, when recognized to be one single unit, one pole of the Passion/Indifference scale.

And so on…

Absolutely everything was relative.

In the alchemical language that I was so familiar with, I had found the Universal Solvent. So what did I do with it? I dissolved everything.

Layer by layer until all that was left was me and the Void.

(Now when I say “Void”, I don’t mean Nothing. And I don’t mean Everything. It was both… AND it was neither.)

Then I applied the Solvent one more time and saw that me and the Void were also the same thing.

The next step was terrifying. Could it really be that I didn’t exist as a separate creature? To take the next step could result in the annihilation of what I had always thought of as myself. It would be spiritual suicide.

But I just had to ****ing know.

And there it was that I found The Philosopher’s Stone. Right there. In the Center. Not an object of course, but a piece of Knowledge. A state of Understanding that dwells in perfect potential between all things. At the very heart of all paradox.

Here’s where language begins to fail. The thoughts and experiences I try to describe beyond this point cannot be understood by another person unless they also do the leg-work. They must themselves think hard on these things before they can understand the concepts that I can only describe symbolically. One cannot truly understand something that one has not experienced.

Suddenly, I was free from a cage that I didn’t even know I was in. A cage I had built myself. I could see that words were just labels we juggle in our heads. Indeed, even the very thoughts that lie behind the words are like bricks in a wall that only serves to block out the Light that has always been there. The Light of pure Being. In other words, I had gotten back the innocence and clarity I had lost by entering this world.

This Stone is the goal of all philosophy. It is the finest treasure in existence. It bestows the god-like power to redefine your reality in any way you choose. Need to open a Door? Apply the Stone. Break some Chains? Stone. Transform something ugly into something beautiful? Stone. Want to believe in something unbelievable?

Stone.

And there was something else too. An amazing ability to use the Stone to comprehend anything. To Understand all Mysteries. To realize that our true identity is the Consciousness behind all things. We are all God. Always have been. Always will be.

Not “co-creators”, but Creator.

The Philosopher’s Stone is a real thing. It really does grant the ability to turn dross into gold and It really does give (the awareness of) eternal life.

My prayer to The Devil had been answered. He did indeed hit me with his best shot.

Just before he disappeared forever.

Top Banana !!!

10 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Its not the same as telling an infant that they are going to be two meters tall. They may only grow to one meter 99 centimeters, and who's going to look foolish then! Lol 

Our Soul is Perfect - THIS is what I am talking about.

We are born as Perfected Souls, the fact that we have lost sight of this Ideal means that relatively speaking, we are not there yet, ie, we haven't realised our perfection. Ultimatley there is nothing to add - maybe we have things to take away, like our bad habits that dont allow this light to shine through, our ignorance needs to be dispelled, but once we have done these things however, our Goodness that was always there will be Realised.

Awake and asleep are two polarities of the same conscous mind. 

Relativley speaking you are correct, we are not enlightened.

Ultimatley speaking, we are already Enlightened.

As i said, I understand the Buddhist tradition of this belief, however to me it is more thus; We are a complete or perfect pitcher/water container, however when we are born that container is empty. As we progress through life and gain understanding, the pitcher fills. Over time, or in one instant of revelation/gnosis/ enlightenment, the pitcher may  become filled to capacity . To me, only when the pitcher is full and the knowledge/ understanding of self and universe /enlightenment, complete is a person enlightened.  (it may not even be necessary for the pitcher to be completely filled At some point near filling, self awareness becomes so great that a level of enlightenment is reached ) In western terms this is similar to mega cognition or awareness of awareness.

What interests me, personally, is the source of the enlightenment.  While a person must prepare their body and mind in different ways to have the capacity to receive this enlightenment it does not come form within. It is a gift from an outside source  Once the gift is given a person can enhance and increase it, through effort and will, again though mental and physical disciplines, but it does not originate within us  i was gifted enlightenment in one revelatory moment, aged about 12 or 13.

I certainly had been working on mental disciplines for 7 or more yeas by then but i was not religious and certainly not Buddhist Thus i come to a difernt understanding of this  than someone who learns about it through a religious tradition and then seeks it. I doubt i had ever heard of the term or had any understanding of it i was simply trying to gain complete control of my body and behaviours, as well as my dreams, through discipline of mind and body 

Ps it is possible for a person, their soul and their understanding to go in the opposite direction. Ie the potential for  evil that was there will be realised. The choice is always ours and we shape and sculpt our mind, our soul, and our destiny, through how we think and how we act. 

Thus it can be like telling a person they might grow  to  be 2 metres tall. Indeed their soul ,or level of enlightenment, may only reach the equivalent of one metre No one knows at birth how much of a persons potential will be realised, by the time they die 

Edited by Mr Walker

My remark was meant literally. Enlightenment is being aware of our pure state of simply being. We had it at birth before it was buried in beliefs and concepts. We will return to It after the end of this life. We were innocent until we "ate from the the tree of the knowledge of good and evil". I take that phrase to mean the awareness of what is not us which introduces the Duality from which everything else manifests. Everyone is Enlightened in the sense that the innocence is still there even though it is obscured by layers of accreted detritus which we have come to believe is us. To return to this state is only important to people who are looking for it. Enlightenment is rare because it requires us to mentally "get rid of" what we have mistakenly believe to be our selves. A decision needs to be made that who you believe yourself to be may not be real. It seems like the utter destruction of the self at the time. This turns out to be an illusion, but you don't know that until you try. I think this process is beautifully symbolized by the finding of the humble but golden worm in the ashes of the immolated phoenix.

14 hours ago, Perdurabo said:

My remark was meant literally. Enlightenment is being aware of our pure state of simply being. We had it at birth before it was buried in beliefs and concepts. We will return to It after the end of this life. We were innocent until we "ate from the the tree of the knowledge of good and evil". I take that phrase to mean the awareness of what is not us which introduces the Duality from which everything else manifests. Everyone is Enlightened in the sense that the innocence is still there even though it is obscured by layers of accreted detritus which we have come to believe is us. To return to this state is only important to people who are looking for it. Enlightenment is rare because it requires us to mentally "get rid of" what we have mistakenly believe to be our selves. A decision needs to be made that who you believe yourself to be may not be real. It seems like the utter destruction of the self at the time. This turns out to be an illusion, but you don't know that until you try. I think this process is beautifully symbolized by the finding of the humble but golden worm in the ashes of the immolated phoenix.

Ah well there is the core of our disagreement. Our minds held nothing before  conception, and very little at birth. We grow or evolve our self aware consciousness to the level where it can construct ideas like this and debate them  This consciousness can be damaged and destroyed by physical damage and ceases at the  death of the physical body and brain  You are correct about  the rest of the state of enlightenment but it is a process occurring only while we are highly self aware and conscious.

it s strange really; my enlightenment showed me the singularity of the universe and all within it.  There is no duality or separation  of mind and matter  All is one.

Yes there is  a duality between the physical environment and how we perceive that environment but there is no  physical separation of mind and matter, so that mind can not exist  separate FROM matter.

I am what i construct myself to be. Enlightenment allows me to realise the truth of this and the potential to attain it     

On 11/21/2017 at 4:23 PM, Mr Walker said:

It is a gift from an outside source  Once the gift is given a person can enhance and increase it, through effort and will, again though mental and physical disciplines, but it does not originate within us  i was gifted enlightenment in one revelatory moment, aged about 12 or 13.

My experience was different. I found It by using rigid logic that depended on giving myself firm definitions for all concepts I was working with. I then "undressed" myself, so to speak. A key to the process was questioning my own questions. It seems to me that any sufficiently complex system (Mathematics, Kabbalah, etc.) might bring on this Revelation. But whether the sudden awareness of simplicity is a product of focusing on complexity in an attempt to do the impossible, I do not know.

I was rather young also (19) but I was born with this insatiable curiosity to know the "Truth" and also a somewhat perversely contrarian nature. These things combined set me on the path. Since I do not recall giving myself these attributes, then I guess it could be called a gift.

8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

it is a process occurring only while we are highly self aware and conscious.

In my view, the One is conscious. Human consciousness is a specialized form of this Consciousness as filtered through the human brain and senses. When we "die" our limited and focused version of this consciousness reverts back to awareness of being the One. We return to God, so to speak. Enlightenment for me has been the awareness of my "true" nature as the One.

All this word juggling always leads right back to the same place however. I just Am. It just Is.

Edited by Perdurabo
Fix typo

10 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Ah well there is the core of our disagreement. Our minds held nothing before  conception, and very little at birth.

If this is true then please explain the story of the little Sri Lankan boy who remembered a certain monastery and finally, when his family took him there, he knew the secret mantra that is only passed from abbot to abbot?

On 24/11/2017 at 8:45 PM, Black Elk Speaks said:

If this is true then please explain the story of the little Sri Lankan boy who remembered a certain monastery and finally, when his family took him there, he knew the secret mantra that is only passed from abbot to abbot?

I'd have to check it out.

However if it was not faked, then it is easy to provide another explanation 

All human consciousness (and that of all self aware species)  is recorded while we live, and is stored in a machine consciousness as a form of virtual reality.

Thus, with access to the cosmic consciousness, which records and stores those memories,  a person can,  with time and training, access these lives and even interact with them   

One doesn't have to be very old to do this IF one has grown up in a culture teaching mindfulness mediation and the abilty to control and discipline ones mind.  It first happened to me when i was about 12  and since then  I' ve used this to study modern and ancient history via the lives of dead peoples' memories, and to spend some time within my father's ealry memories after he died. 

Thus our memories and identity are stored  and available for access, by the living who are able to access their storage   BUT after we die we have no personal consciousness of this. We are ONLY a recorded memory, capable of interaction with other minds who visit us in our memories however only the living person is really aware or conscious of this interaction  as in a virtual reality  machine 

So there  is the potential for rebirth or re imprinting a personalty into another body, but a t hem moment all are parked in storage   You only get ONE go at creating and evolving a soul, identity, and personality  up to the present time, and you do this via your self conscious, self aware decions actions and choices in life.     

So another alternative is that  this young lad accessed the stored memories of this monk and learned the  secret mantra from the monks memory just a s  I learned the make and model of my dads pre war motorbike from  his memories or the dances he learned or the interior of the halls he went to for dances back in the forties or how i learned the routines practices and dress etc of doctors in hospitals in the 30s or 40s and the interior layout of rooms/wards  the behaviours of nurses and patients etc..   .