Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gnostic Revelation.

Hermai

Hours of meditation today brought me outside myself and enabled me to pierce the veil.

We are the Demiurge.

Sophia's fear of mortality is our own. We have ourselves given rise to the Demiurge. We have placed blinders on ourselves, lost the ability to perceive the oneness. Kill the Demiurge, embrace the oneness. Perceive Indra's Net.

Has anyone had a similar cathartic gnosis?

• Like 1

If we think of it as we create gods in our own image, then sure. The bible didn't drop down from the heavens. We wrote it. We wanted YHWH to be that bloodthirsty monster. And then we wanted it to atone for our presumed failings with the blood of the Christ. And now that is celebrated. People walk around wearing symbols of it. 

You hear people saying things like thank God I'm washed in the blood of Jesus...as if it's a good thing to be washed in the blood of the innocent. 

• Like 6

We can decide anytime to just quit being that way, though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

If we think of it as we create gods in our own image, then sure. The bible didn't drop down from the heavens. We wrote it. We wanted YHWH to be that bloodthirsty monster. And then we wanted it to atone for our presumed failings with the blood of the Christ. And now that is celebrated. People walk around wearing symbols of it. 

You hear people saying things like thank God I'm washed in the blood of Jesus...as if it's a good thing to be washed in the blood of the innocent. 

Who do you hear saying phrases such as those?

9 minutes ago, Invisig0th said:

Who do you hear saying phrases such as those?

I just read it today somewhere. A Christian typed it in as a comment. 

• Like 1

It wasn't on this forum, but it was a comment to a video I was watching. 

I think it was about archons or something. 

6 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

Hours of meditation today brought me outside myself and enabled me to pierce the veil.

We are the Demiurge.

Sophia's fear of mortality is our own. We have ourselves given rise to the Demiurge. We have placed blinders on ourselves, lost the ability to perceive the oneness. Kill the Demiurge, embrace the oneness. Perceive Indra's Net.

I don't have the slightest idea what you just said.  

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I don't have the slightest idea what you just said.  

In Gnostic tradition, Sophia is a feminine figure, analogous to the human soul but also simultaneously one of the feminine aspects of God. Gnostics held that she was the syzygy of Jesus Christ (i.e. the Bride of Christ), and Holy Spirit of the Trinity. In the Nag Hammadi texts, Sophia is the lowest Aeon, or anthropic expression of the emanation of the light of God. She is considered to have fallen from grace in some way, in so doing creating or helping to create the material world.

In the Platonic, Neopythagorean, Middle Platonic, and Neoplatonic schools of philosophy, the demiurge is an artisan-like figure responsible for the fashioning and maintenance of the physical universe. The term was adopted by the Gnostics. Although a fashioner, the demiurge is not necessarily the same as the creator figure in the monotheistic sense, because the demiurge itself and the material from which the demiurge fashions the universe are both considered to be consequences of something else. Depending on the system, they may be considered to be either uncreated and eternal, or considered to be the product of some other entity. In the arch-dualist ideology of the various Gnostic systems, the material universe is evil, while the non-material world is good; accordingly, the demiurge is malevolent, as it's linked to the material world.

Ex. A: The Demiurge.

150px-Lion-faced_deity.jpg

Essentially, we are blocking ourselves from perceiving the underlying structure of the material world. 

Edited by Invisig0th
  • Like 2

Essentially, we are blocking ourselves from perceiving the underlying structure of the material world. 

That's better.  There's just too much esoteric jargon for me to get into the topic....but I do find it interesting on some level.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Invisig0th said:

In Gnostic tradition, Sophia is a feminine figure, analogous to the human soul but also simultaneously one of the feminine aspects of God. Gnostics held that she was the syzygy of Jesus Christ (i.e. the Bride of Christ), and Holy Spirit of the Trinity. In the Nag Hammadi texts, Sophia is the lowest Aeon, or anthropic expression of the emanation of the light of God. She is considered to have fallen from grace in some way, in so doing creating or helping to create the material world.

In the Platonic, Neopythagorean, Middle Platonic, and Neoplatonic schools of philosophy, the demiurge is an artisan-like figure responsible for the fashioning and maintenance of the physical universe. The term was adopted by the Gnostics. Although a fashioner, the demiurge is not necessarily the same as the creator figure in the monotheistic sense, because the demiurge itself and the material from which the demiurge fashions the universe are both considered to be consequences of something else. Depending on the system, they may be considered to be either uncreated and eternal, or considered to be the product of some other entity. In the arch-dualist ideology of the various Gnostic systems, the material universe is evil, while the non-material world is good; accordingly, the demiurge is malevolent, as it's linked to the material world.

Ex. A: The Demiurge.

150px-Lion-faced_deity.jpg

No matter where ya look, it always gets blamed on a woman. 

• Like 4

I had the weirdest "vision" of the demiurge, before I knew what it was. So odd. Lionesque thing. 

Most would say hypnagogic hallucination. 

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

No matter where ya look, it always gets blamed on a woman. 

Well in this case, Sophia literally means wisdom. So it's not that a woman brought about the fall, it's that wisdom did. How? Beats me. Referencing our earlier conversation, I think it has to do with humanity's knowledge of our mortality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Invisig0th said:

Well in this case, Sophia literally means wisdom. So it's not that a woman brought about the fall, it's that wisdom did. How? Beats me. Referencing our earlier conversation, I think it has to do with humanity's knowledge of our mortality.

I know it's considered a myth, and not really a woman. It's just funny that it's the feminine aspect that gets saddled with it. Over and over and over and over again. 

Don't get me wrong. The Gnostics treat us way better. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

I know it's considered a myth, and not really a woman. It's just funny that it's the feminine aspect that gets saddled with it. Over and over and over and over again. 

Indeed. I think it must be an unconcious archetype.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Invisig0th said:

We are the Demiurge.

This is being a bit mean but I am suspicious of revelations or experiences which simply lead us to or confirm a belief or theology we are already familiar with.

It suggests your mind found what it was looking for rather than had a surprise encounter with something greater.

Just for me i would be more accepting of a gnosis, revelation or encounter, which lead me to some entirely  new understanding and realisation of  something i had never heard about before, let alone sought to find .

Having said that,  it is also true that you might have a true gnosis or revelation but interpret it though existing beliefs or understandings   Have you looked a t different ways to  understand and  interpret your experience?  

Did you come to a realisation and understanding of the oneness of all How all things are one though integration and interconnection of all elements of the universe.    Did you experience and come to understand  things like the true nature of self, life, death, etc.

Did you get the  new understanding about the nature of time and space which often comes with gnosis?  In other words were your blinders removed and you were truly able to see and understand the nature of self  and nonself? 

Did you feel the physical power involved, the transformation of mind and body, the liberation from all emotional attachments/ material desires  etc.   Did you FEEL the liberation, and great joy, which liberation brings? 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

This is being a bit mean but I am suspicious of revelations or experiences which simply lead us to or confirm a belief or theology we are already familiar with.

It suggests your mind found what it was looking for rather than had a surprise encounter with something greater.

Just for me i would be more accepting of a gnosis, revelation or encounter, which lead me to some entirely  new understanding and realisation of  something i had never heard about before, let alone sought to find .

Having said that,  it is also true that you might have a true gnosis or revelation but interpret it though existing beliefs or understandings   Have you looked a t different ways to  understand and  interpret your experience?  

Did you come to a realisation and understanding of the oneness of all How all things are one though integration and interconnection of all elements of the universe.    Did you experience and come to understand  things like the true nature of self, life, death, etc.

Did you get the  new understanding about the nature of time and space which often comes with gnosis?  In other words were your blinders removed and you were truly able to see and understand the nature of self  and nonself? 

Did you feel the physical power involved, the transformation of mind and body, the liberation from all emotional attachments/ material desires  etc.  

You've just described Indra's Net.

"In the Huayan school of Chinese Buddhism, which follows the Avatamsaka Sutra, the image of "Indra's net" is used to describe the interconnectedness of the universe.[4] Francis H Cook describes Indra's net thus:
Far away in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each "eye" of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number. There hang the jewels, glittering "like" stars in the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now arbitrarily select one of these jewels for inspection and look closely at it, we will discover that in its polished surface there are reflected all the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is also reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflecting process occurring."

1024px-Indrasnet.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Invisig0th said:

You've just described Indra's Net.

"In the Huayan school of Chinese Buddhism, which follows the Avatamsaka Sutra, the image of "Indra's net" is used to describe the interconnectedness of the universe.[4] Francis H Cook describes Indra's net thus:
Far away in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each "eye" of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number. There hang the jewels, glittering "like" stars in the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now arbitrarily select one of these jewels for inspection and look closely at it, we will discover that in its polished surface there are reflected all the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is also reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflecting process occurring."

1024px-Indrasnet.jpg

Interesting.

After a lot of work on controlling my mind as a child, i experienced contact with the cosmic consciousness and thus gnosis or a raised consciousness,  when i was about 12 or 13.

It changed me irrevocably (that was 55 years ago)  I'd never read or heard about this back in the  late 50s early 60s and indeed i was about 50 before i began to read about other people's experiences, online. In other words i experienced something incredibly powerful without looking for it, or understanding its nature

Yet all the questions i asked were answered for me in my experience  The description above is what i call the cosmic internet of consciousness  it is a physical linkage of all consciousness across the galaxy and perhaps universe.  It links me physically and mentally to every part of the universe via my connection to this galaxy wide web, which is also alive and self aware.  

The description above is very beautiful, but the  net itself (which appears to me more like a web)   Is actually a functioning communication network for self aware consciousnesses.  .   In a very real sense things are not actually widely separated by time and space, but exist within touching distance of each other. One just has to learn how to reach out across time and space  to touch them.  

This net is indeed  the physical construction of some ancient cunning artificer. It is a form of highly advanced technology.   Interestingly the portals or connecting points on the net DO often shine like jewels in space although often they  appear like a ripple on the surface of water  and are quite hard to discern in the background of space

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Read the Secret book of John, the Nag Hammadi Scriptures. This explains the fall of Sophia in detail! It will clear up a lot of confusion!

• 2 weeks later...

Like all important and life-changing events, I can well remember my final night as a human.

It was in the June of 1983. I was nineteen years old. I was sitting in a brown easy-chair in the finished basement of a house in Newport, Rhode Island. A gentle rain was falling outside.

I was a committed “born-again” Christian. I also had long hair and played drums in a heavy metal band. I drank. I smoked.

I had long been interested to the point of obsession in learning the true nature of reality. Like many (or all?) people, I had a deep down, inescapable feeling that something was wrong with the world.

I had been raised in an atheist household. Then, when I was about 12 years old, my father decided to murder a bunch of strangers. Long story, but the end result was that he became a fundamentalist Christian. He gave his heart to Jesus and informed us that we needed to do the same. So we did. And that’s why that feeling of wrongness made sense to me. It was the Fall of Man. The Devil’s doing. The punishment inflicted on us all by God because of what some dude six-thousand years ago did in some garden with a talking snake.

I did not at the time understand that this religion, with it’s sinning and with it’s hell-fire was a mental trap. Just believe everything in the Bible is true. That God loves you dearly. That mankind is His special creation. That He gave us the gift of Free Will. We do have the option of not believing any of this. But if you don’t, God will stop loving you and then He will burn your soul forever.

How can you not love a god like that?

I firmly believed all this as I sat in that chair. In that basement. I was a lousy Christian though. I was really into hermetic philosophy and quantum physics. I studied witchcraft and told myself I needed to know the ways of The Enemy. And I was proud of all this.

Immensely proud.

So proud, that one night I inscribed a protective circle with a pentagram on the floor of my bedroom, stood inside of it and addressed a prayer to Satan himself. A challenge. I looked him right in the metaphorical eye and boasted, “You can never break my Faith. Go ahead. Hit me with your best shot!”

So then he did.

Lucifer the Light-bearer Illuminated me the following night. In that basement. In that chair.

As I sat there, I was furiously trying to figure out the relationship between Good and Evil. I decided that those words were too nebulous and settled instead on Order versus Chaos. I defined Order as being the tendency to create forms and patterns and Chaos as sheer randomness. As I analyzed and compared the relationship between these two incompatible concepts, it dawned on me that these two states were actually two parts of a single thing. This combined “thing” was a scale. Order and Chaos were opposing ends of this scale and any position along it could only have meaning in comparison to another point on the scale. One point cannot exist without the other.

It was as if some mental log-jam had started to break apart in my head. It wasn’t just that Good could not exist without Evil. It was that they were the same thing.

My mind was off and running. How about Light and Dark? Same thing. Life and Death. The same. Matter and Energy, Fear and Love, Knowledge and Ignorance, Truth and Lies, Reality and Illusion. Everything and Nothing.

Furthermore, each of these now unified pairs comprised a single pole of a different duality. For example, the Love/Fear pair is, when recognized to be one single unit, one pole of the Passion/Indifference scale.

And so on…

Absolutely everything was relative.

In the alchemical language that I was so familiar with, I had found the Universal Solvent. So what did I do with it? I dissolved everything.

Layer by layer until all that was left was me and the Void.

(Now when I say “Void”, I don’t mean Nothing. And I don’t mean Everything. It was both… AND it was neither.)

Then I applied the Solvent one more time and saw that me and the Void were also the same thing.

The next step was terrifying. Could it really be that I didn’t exist as a separate creature? To take the next step could result in the annihilation of what I had always thought of as myself. It would be spiritual suicide.

But I just had to ****ing know.

And there it was that I found The Philosopher’s Stone. Right there. In the Center. Not an object of course, but a piece of Knowledge. A state of Understanding that dwells in perfect potential between all things. At the very heart of all paradox.

Here’s where language begins to fail. The thoughts and experiences I try to describe beyond this point cannot be understood by another person unless they also do the leg-work. They must themselves think hard on these things before they can understand the concepts that I can only describe symbolically. One cannot truly understand something that one has not experienced.

Suddenly, I was free from a cage that I didn’t even know I was in. A cage I had built myself. I could see that words were just labels we juggle in our heads. Indeed, even the very thoughts that lie behind the words are like bricks in a wall that only serves to block out the Light that has always been there. The Light of pure Being. In other words, I had gotten back the innocence and clarity I had lost by entering this world.

This Stone is the goal of all philosophy. It is the finest treasure in existence. It bestows the god-like power to redefine your reality in any way you choose. Need to open a Door? Apply the Stone. Break some Chains? Stone. Transform something ugly into something beautiful? Stone. Want to believe in something unbelievable?

Stone.

And there was something else too. An amazing ability to use the Stone to comprehend anything. To Understand all Mysteries. To realize that our true identity is the Consciousness behind all things. We are all God. Always have been. Always will be.

Not “co-creators”, but Creator.

The Philosopher’s Stone is a real thing. It really does grant the ability to turn dross into gold and It really does give (the awareness of) eternal life.

My prayer to The Devil had been answered. He did indeed hit me with his best shot.

Just before he disappeared forever.

• Like 2

On 16 September 2017 at 9:27 PM, Invisig0th said:

We are the Demiurge.

"Kill the Demiurge, embrace the oneness."

How does that work then? Its up to us to take ahold of the Demiurges hand and lead him back Home.

Put it this way. You and I, the Demiurge and God are one indivisible Being. All is held within the Mind of God. All is One, One is Love and Love is Life. 

The Essential Reality of Beingness. THAT which IS.

We live in an Open System where everything impacts everything else. 

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, Invisig0th said:

We are the Demiurge.

The process by which oneness becomes many minds each experiencing their own version of reality is simple. Its thoughts.

All things that exist have to be made out of something. A thought exists so it is made out of something. So thoughts create matter and energy. All things that exist need somewhere they exist at relative to everywhere else that it doesnt. A thought exists creating a location that it exists at relative to everywhere else. Thats space. And all things that exist need a point in time to exist at with a before and after. Thats the creation of time. A string of thoughts creates the flow of time in a direction. So thought(s) bring into existence matter and energy at a point in space and at a point in time.

Aka you!

All aspects of existence can have a positive or negative impact on you. Negative impacts cause suffering and the only way to end all suffering is to move beyond all thoughts. To return yourself back to oneness. All forms of suffering in Gnosticism are seen as caused by the Demiurge. The Demiurge cannot create perfection (a reality without suffering). Its impossible. 

The Demiurge equates to your ego and it hides truth from you which is that the only way to escape all suffering is to let go of everything and stop having thoughts. Your ego, and when it feels good or bruised, traps you in reality.

12 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

The process by which oneness becomes many minds each experiencing their own version of reality is simple. Its thoughts.

All things that exist have to be made out of something. A thought exists so it is made out of something. So thoughts create matter and energy. All things that exist need somewhere they exist at relative to everywhere else that it doesnt. A thought exists creating a location that it exists at relative to everywhere else. Thats space. And all things that exist need a point in time to exist at with a before and after. Thats the creation of time. A string of thoughts creates the flow of time in a direction. So thought(s) bring into existence matter and energy at a point in space and at a point in time.

Aka you!

All aspects of existence can have a positive or negative impact on you. Negative impacts cause suffering and the only way to end all suffering is to move beyond all thoughts. To return yourself back to oneness. All forms of suffering in Gnosticism are seen as caused by the Demiurge. The Demiurge cannot create perfection (a reality without suffering). Its impossible. 

The Demiurge equates to your ego and it hides truth from you which is that the only way to escape all suffering is to let go of everything and stop having thoughts. Your ego, and when it feels good or bruised, traps you in reality.

And the way to stop thoughts?

Watch the Watcher.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

And the way to stop thoughts?

Watch the Watcher.

The brain is an adaptable organ in that the more you do something the more neurons it lays down to handle it.

If you did 30 minutes of mindfulness meditation everyday then after two months your would have detectable changes in your grey matter. This type of meditation is where you observe what is going on around yourself but you stop yourself adding any thoughts to it. Then every time you catch yourself slipping up by having a thought you stop it and return back to observation without adding any thoughts. 

Initially you will likely be bad at mindfulness meditation because your brain hasn't got those extra neurons responsible for such self control. You have to grow them. And you grow them by staying with the mindfulness meditation day after day, week after week, until you get there. Your self control over thoughts increases over time.

You can do it a lot faster. But are you prepared to devout the next several days to it? Are you prepared to stop yourself having thoughts and then every time you slip up stop the thinking and return back to no thoughts? If so you will likely slip up hundreds of times but in a few short days you will find you can be in a state of mind with no thoughts at all for however long you want.

As you become advanced at no thinking you`ll find you can even stop observation achieving a state of nothingness. You can pop in and out of nothingness whenever you want. But in nothingness you have re-achieved oneness.

Edited by RabidMongoose

On 9/16/2017 at 6:03 PM, ChaosRose said:

thank God I'm washed in the blood of Jesus...as if it's a good thing to be washed in the blood of the innocent. 

I hear so often im sick of it.

• Like 1

What to do about the demiurge. It's the age-old question.

Maybe just realize we don't need it. 

• Like 2